Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Investment Driven by Uncertainty

MV5BZjQ5YzkwMmEtOWRiNi00YzBlLWJhNTMtMjNkZWM5NTBlNTgwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTA4OTg1Mzc1._V1_.jpg

V I C E R O Y
THE TRADE FEDERATION
Counselor of Commerce

Danger Arceneau Danger Arceneau
The Viceroy's initial strategy to steer the conversation away from the core topic was thwarted by Danger Arceneau Danger Arceneau sreadfast defensive tactics. The intellectual battle between them more resembled a duel with lightsabers rather than a typical exchange in corporate.

If the Skakoan were truly engaged in the game, they would have resorted to eliminating her and concealing the act in order to protect any sensitive information she might disclose after the meeting concluded. Numerous methods were available to accomplish this, including the use of nerve gas or a barrage of blaster bolts from the station's security forces, or even by the Skakoan's own hand.

Her unusually nonchalant attitude suggested a connection with the person in question. This assumption, if baseless, was deeply disheartening to the Skakoan who had dedicated significant effort to defeating Alicia Drey and neutralizing her danger to the Federation.

Having experienced subjugation to the Sith Lords in the past during the Ancient Pre-Gulag Plague Era, they had unwillingly transformed into an Imperial Corporation through the Galactic Empire-Trade Federation Treaty. A repetition of such circumstances in the Current Chaos Era would be intolerable.

"Your profile does not do you justice, Mrs Arceneau. You've matched me at every turn in this conversation, yet I find myself disappointed that you have become stuck in the past to provide answers to the future."

Laborr explained, in a rather off-hand type of way. Danger had become a victim of the corporate world instead of the victor, having come to believe that her company's reliance on truth and honesty would bring her ahead of the corporate attack dogs breathing around her for even a scrap more.

"In the present circumstances, lies, deceptions, half-truths, and evidence manipulation have become acceptable strategies. It is within my capacity to provide you with the information you seek, but I must confess that I would manipulate it to serve my own interests with a smile on my face. Regarding Alicia Drey, I feel compelled to offer a cautionary note: once trust is extended, it becomes challenging to retract when peril lurks nearby."

The Viceroy proceeded to make additional remarks, gliding through the room with an ethereal presence.

His protective eyewear mirrored the various surfaces and artificial illumination within the chamber, casting certain shadows that seemed to outline the walls. She was underestimating the monster within the room, not one bound by ethics or reputation but a singular focus to aquire wealth no matter the circumstances.

Last edited:

Grenonine III
Meniium Industrial Station
| Dress x & x | x | x | x | x | x |

That Viceroy Rulonom Laborr Rulonom Laborr complimented her in the same hand that he indicated his disappointment was not taken in offense. Again, Danger was more than willing to give credit where it was due. It was a fact that she had been out of the corporate game in the past decade, letting her delegates and Myra continue pushing Arceneau Trade instead of taking point and driving her business forward. It had been a give and take. For almost three decades, Danger had prioritized and sacrificed every aspect of her life to ensure Arceneau Trade became a galactic household name. She succeeded, but unlike the Trade Federation, had a network of top executives, such as the Viceroy, to continue to push corporate interests forward; at the time, Danger only had herself. For a privately owned company to become a massive conglomerate from her own bootstraps was impressive, but it also meant that Danger knew full well that the success she had as credits would not grant her any legacy. No kin, love, or child left for her to ensure Arceneau would flourish.

Something had to give.

Choosing to get married to Alric Kuhn, the powerhouse Tetan overseeing Vanir Technologies and raising her adopted daughter Myra, meant that she had to prioritize the burgeoning family she had. Danger didn't regret it; she accepted what that decision meant.

However, she was ready to get back into the game and do her best. Adapting and reading the plays in session would allow Danger to make her move and progress, bluff and match the bet, or fold.

In this exchange, Viceroy Rulonom Laborr Rulonom Laborr earned Danger's respect by being straightforward - or as much as he was willing to be - about his intentions and acknowledging that any information he shared would be skewed to benefit the Trade Federation. With that acknowledgment, Danger grasped where they stood.

It meant that while the Queen of Trade might encounter power plays aimed at boosting the Trade Federation's standing, though it irked her, Viceroy Rulonom wouldn't lose her respect for prioritizing the Federation's interests, as long as it didn't involve harming or directly attacking Arceneau Trade & its affiliates. If they sought to gain an upper hand, which made trading more challenging for ATC, she could adjust. Lives were her priority. There was ample give and take in the galaxy.

"Then it seems we've reached an understandin', Viceroy Laborr. I'd rather know the truth than be fed a plate of falsehoods. I'll take your word of caution regardin' Miz. Drey and make my own inquiries. Nonetheless, I am grateful for them." There was no cajoling or humoring in her tone; she genuinely meant it. Even if all that the Viceroy was doing was trying to attempt to push Danger from working with Drey out of its own interests, it was still a measure of information and area that was important enough for her to double-check into.

Now, on to our own dealin's... Danger smiled.

"I'd prefer we collaborate in our mutual interests, but if the Trade Federation chooses to advance itself at our expense, I won't stir up trouble unless it threatens me and mine's lives. I'm all about fair dealin's, but I've been in the game long enough to know that setbacks in one area often lead to gains in another." A loss in trade could translate to gains elsewhere. It wasn't a carte blanc to drag ATC through the mud, but an honest observance of how cutthroat corporate dealings could be.

"I am lookin' forward to workin' with you, Viceroy Laborr, as well as the Trade Federation," Danger added, rising to her feet, extending out her hand. Her smile still lingers upon her lips, and no guile or alternative plan lurks in her emerald-fire gaze. True to her profile, Danger was exactly who she displayed herself to be.

"And it is my sincere interest in explorin' a more intimate partnership at your leisure."

MV5BZjQ5YzkwMmEtOWRiNi00YzBlLWJhNTMtMjNkZWM5NTBlNTgwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTA4OTg1Mzc1._V1_.jpg

V I C E R O Y
THE TRADE FEDERATION
Counselor of Commerce

Danger Arceneau Danger Arceneau
The Skakoan appeared to have provided her with a sufficently persuasive presentation on the distinct perspectives of the Trade Federation regarding their current relationship, and the happenings around the galaxy. With a momentary glance downwards, barely noticeable, he smoothly surveyed the executive suite in contemplation.
This encounter had yielded numerous benefits, allowing him to accurately discern the Queen of Trade's character and approach to business. However, he was aware that such a crown could swiftly be taken should the Federation deem her companies a challenge to their dominance, be it in manufacturing or shipping, relegating them to the annals of history.
Danger Arceneau Danger Arceneau was clearly engrossed in reflecting on his precise choice of words and declarations, undoubtedly assessing her position within the Galactic Corporate scene and consequently the standing of her company, Arceneau Trade.
The breeze propelling her forward had dissipated, indicating a shift away from engaging in word struggles with him, and a recognition that she could never match the Federation's level of ruthlessness when it came to business arrangements.
The woman addressed the Skakoan, whose smile was hidden beneath a mask. She conveyed to him that they had come to an agreement, albeit not one founded on truth or evidence, but rather on mutual corporate collaboration.
Additionally, she mentioned that she would not interfere with the Federation's progress, even if it decided to proceed just to spite her, as it was likely do so regardless. Danger had temporarily conceded in the Great Game, and he would momentarily accept her gesture of surrender.
"As do we, Miss Arceneau. The Trade Federation is always open to those individuals who see the...hmmm..how we say. Right side of history."
Laborr extended an armored hand towards her, solidifying their destiny with an ancient curse as they shook hands. The implication was unmistakable - the Federation would continue to reign supreme in the galaxy, while others would submit to their authority or perish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom