Outer Rim Coalition (The Underground)
We were the Underground: raids and gunrunning, decentralized and more than a little disreputable. We've fought the Dark Side from the Deep Core to the Unknown Regions. After liberating Demonsgate we stayed till then job was done, restoring order and toppling oppressive governments all in the name of liberty.
Now we have been tasked with a new duty maintaining the peace in this troubled sector. The odds are against us. We have our freighters, our shadowports, and the weapons on our belts -- and that's pretty much it. But we've run insurgencies for years against odds just as grim; we know what we're doing. We don't intend to stop until this Galaxy is safe again.
We are now "The Coalition", with the limited backing of the member system and "The Judges" we fight to keep what we set free, stay free.
Yesterday, 03:56 PM
Feb 12 2019 02:07 AM
Feb 08 2019 07:53 PM
Feb 07 2019 10:39 PM
Feb 06 2019 08:29 PM
Feb 03 2019 08:38 PM
Feb 03 2019 02:46 AM
Feb 02 2019 07:23 AM
Feb 01 2019 10:49 PM
Jan 31 2019 09:24 PM
* After the Underground liberated and defended the worlds in and around the Kathol Outback, those worlds banded together to create a government. Many "Undergrounders" hired on with the new alliance of free planets, the Outer Rim Coalition. Others continued the Underground's work across the galaxy, often with the Coalition's tacit support.
* Where civilized space has the Jedi Knights, the Outer Rim Coalition has the Judges. Like the Wardens of the Sky, the Judges roam the spacelanes and keep a low profile, guarding the frontier against raiders and tyrants. The Judges carry legendary guns alongside their lightsabres, and pilot tramp freighters instead of sleek fighters. You’re more likely to see a Judge in a dusty coat than anything like Jedi robes.
* The Outer Rim Coalition has its roots in the struggle against tyranny. It has no patience for Imperial and authoritarian regimes. Though the Coalition isn't likely to reach out across the galaxy, its immediate neighborhood is not a healthy place to be a tyrant.
Where do I fit in?
* Many who come to our faction ask this question. With our neutral sandbox it is tough to decide were to begin.
*** Note, they are just templates of character you may find in the Outer Rim Coalition (ORC) you are by no means limited to these, please feel free to create a character to your individual tastes.
Privateers (Smuggler / Pirates)
The Outer Rim is a haven for smugglers, outlaws, and businessmen of questionable ethics. Here both good and not so good men and women make a “honest” living, transporting good in light freighters or liberating them in not so legal ways. Classic archetypes from star wars would be Han Solo and Lando Calrissian.
While you can choose any ship for this character, some common ones you will see in the outback are
See outback Freighter list
“Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid…” Smugglers are usually armed with a wide variety of blasters most common are…
See outback Armory
@Runi Verin (salvager, vagabond, “no good space trash”)
@Popo (“Legitimate” businessman)
Planetary Defence Force’s or PDF - (Faction “Storm Troopers / Navy”)
The coalition has no “formal” standing army. Instead it operates as a coalition of Planetary defence forces organized by the rebellion style leadership of “the underground”. Composition and abilities of each unit will differ but they all have one thing in common. The fight not only for their homeworld but for the freedom of the “Rim”. Canon examples are the Bacarna System Defence force and the 8th Division
Character description and summary
Fleet examples (see PDF fleet list)
* CDSF Ranger
* Pergitorian Guard
The UNDERGROUND (Faction Special OPS - Espionage )
The freedom movement in the outer Rim started with a spark. The Underground was that spark, and even when the coalition came into existence, the underground remained in a pivotal role. Her agents from all over the galaxy fight for independence from slavers, tyranny and oppression. Here in the shadows those who long for galactic freedom fight the odds. It is these shadowy leaders and control the Rim. Classic archetypes from star wars would be Cassian Jeron Andor and Princess Leia Organa Solo
Ship list (Underground ships)
Council of the Living Force (Forcers of all types)
In the Rim all are free to practice the force as they wish as long as it does not infringe of the rights of others. Most believers of the faith come here for seclusion or self imposed exile for actions of the past. Through a common connection many have banded together to share thoughts and beliefs or on the rare occasion to address issues with one who has fallen so far that drastic measures must be taken. Classic archetypes from star wars would be Maz Kanata and Kyle Katarn
Temples / sacred locations
Where can I learn more about the Coalition and it's systems?
* Below is a great document put together by our head Admin Jorus Merrill.- X Here
* Here is also a link to a catch all document we created to help folks navigate the massive amount of lore and OOC items we have to review. - X Here