Help Topic: Getting Started
Getting straight into role-playing on this site is not a long, complicated process. There are some things to know, however.
After registering, you should read the Rules. They can be located under the 'Rules' tab on the navbar. It is important for all members to have some familiarity with the Rules and know how to look them up when necessary.
- General Rules covers mostly out-of-character material and the most basic of role-playing rules.
- Character Creation covers the basics of what few rules there are for the creation of someone's character.
- Ranks & Promotion covers what rules there are related to the Rank Title system at this site.
- Factions covers thebasics behind the Faction system at this site.
- Warring Factions elaborates on what a Major Faction can do that Minor Factions cannot.
- Requesting Aid clarifies how a Major Faction asks for help in Warring Factions.
- Factory Rules goes over the basics of the Factory.
Whenever you make a new character, a biography of the character posted in the Character Creation forum is required. No approval is necessary after posting it.
After posting your character's biography, you are free to do the following:
- Roleplay on the site's Open and Private role-playing forums.
- Join one of the many Factions of the site.
- Request titles for your character if other requirements are met.
To join a Faction, go to its front page and click 'Join faction'. Some Factions might have an application process, but most are open for anyone to join.
To create a Faction, simply click 'Add faction' at the Faction Portal.
You can also search for Factions very quickly by using the Search bar. Type in the keyword you wish to search then click on 'Google Site Search' and select 'Factions'. For example, typing in 'empire' should get a list of the Empires on the site.