Dominions allow Major Factions to claim entire hexes without direct competition from other factions.
- At any point, a Major Faction may acquire an adjacent SWRP Chaos Map hex by completing a Dominion thread, posting to the Map Update thread, and receiving Staff approval.
- A Dominion thread’s title must include the name or acronym of the Major Faction, and the name of a planet visible in the hex.
- A Major Faction may begin and work toward any number of simultaneous Dominions. However, a Major Faction may only submit three completed Dominions every calendar month.
- A Dominion may only be started on a hex adjacent to the Major Faction’s influence cloud.
- Other Major or Minor Factions may not interfere with a Dominion thread. They may participate as In-Character aid or opposition with the approval of the Faction Admins/Owner of the Major Faction undertaking the Dominion
- The third Dominion submitted by a Major Faction in a calendar month is vulnerable to Rebellions (see Rebellion Rules).
- If two Major Factions submit completed Dominions for the same hex within 24 hours, and both are approved, a Rebellion (see Rebellion Rules) will begin in that hex.
Once a Major Faction has posted a completed Dominion thread to the Map Update thread, an Admin will assign an RPJ to judge whether the thread meets the following criteria. The RPJ will sign the ‘Approval’ field in the Map Update template, or will contact the submitter if further work is needed.
- STORY - Does the Dominion thread have a story (or group of stories) that makes sense and that comes to a reasonable conclusion?
- REPRESENTATION - How well is the Faction represented in the Dominion thread? For example, if two members post the bulk of the thread back-to-back, the Dominion is unlikely to be approved without more work from other Faction members.
- EFFORT - How much effort has the Faction put into the thread? As a general guideline, 50 average posts is an acceptable effort. A lower number of posts may be acceptable if clear effort has resulted in solid stories that reach a natural conclusion. Spammed posts with minimal effort will count against the Faction.
Hex Gained: (Please specify exact Hex coordinate)
Name Of The Faction That Won: (Fully name the Faction correctly)
Link To Dominion: (Insert Dominion Thread URL)
Number Of Posts The Dominion Has At The Current Time: (Insert Post Count Here)
RPJ Approval: (Leave this blank, an RPJ shall insert their name when it has been approved)