- Map Update 1 Feb 2017
- Map Update 4 Jan 2017
- Map Update 01 Dec 2016
- Map Update 01 NOV 16
- Map Update 02 OCT 16
- 849ABY: The Omega War
- Map Update 04 SEPT 16
- Map Update 08 AUG 16
- Map Update 10JUL2016
- 2/01/2016 Galaxy Map Update
- 1/03/2016 Galaxy Map Update
- 12/13/2015 Galaxy Map Update
At any point, a Major Faction may “invade” another Major Faction's occupied planet. This involves one Major Faction's members fighting for control of the planet against another Major Faction's members.
Label your faction's name, the planet, and the opposing faction (if there is one) in the topic title. Acquisitions will not be awarded in the future if this is not adhered to.
A Major Faction may only start one Invasion at a time and may not start another until the original invasion is completed and judged.
Before an Invasion begins, Faction Leaders must convene to discuss how the Invasion will be handled by both sides to account for fairness and balance. If a compromise is not reached within 7 days, please consult the SWRP Staff Team and a Role-play Judge will be assigned.
Planets invaded further than two grids away from a Major Faction's borders will not increase a Major Faction's Influence Cloud.
1. Stampeding* is not allowed.
*Stampeding is when a Major Faction colludes to post all of its members repetitively without waiting for a proper response from the opposition.
REQUESTING AID FOR INVASIONS:
1. Both the opposing and defending Major Factions in an Invasion thread may request assistance from factions not involved in the thread.
2. A maximum of 5 characters total per side in the Invasion may provide assistance. Each character must be played by a different writer.
3. Character rotations/substitutions are not allowed. Only the first 5 characters to provide assistance per side may do so.
4. Faction Leaders will be held accountable for regulating the number of characters they have assisting their Faction.
5. A character fulfilling an aid request for another Major Faction may not join any more Invasions until the Invasion thread they are aiding in is completed.
Characters found in violation of Rule 2 will be subjected to disciplinary action.
1. The thread must have a minimum total of 100 posts between both factions.
2. Both factions must have a minimum of 5 members per side. If either faction cannot meet this requirement within 72 hours of the beginning of the invasion, that faction forfeits.
Once an Invasion nears it's completion, the SWRP Chaos Staff Team will be privately contacted and a Role-play judge will be assigned. If either faction does not concede, the Role-play Judge will decide the victor.
Once every three months, a Major Faction may “invade” another Major Faction's occupied planets in a hex invasion. This involves one Major Faction's members fighting for control of the planets within that hex against another Major Faction's members. At the end of the Hex invasion, the winner assumes control of all the planets within that hex regardless of the original influence cloud ownership.
1. Stampeding* is not allowed.
2. A faction may only conduct a hex invasion once every three months.**
3. A Hex Invasion on a capital planet's hex is not allowed.
4. Hexes with more than 2 major factions influence clouds contained within are ineligible for a hex invasion.
5. Ally writer limits are increased to a total of 10 for a hex invasion only.
6. The attacking faction must declare a hex invasion in the initial notice of the hex invasion.
7. The Hex Invasion thread must be labeled as the "Major Faction's Hex invasion of _______" in the title.
1. The thread must have a minimum total of 250 posts between both factions.
2. Both factions must have a minimum of 8 members per side. If either faction cannot meet this requirement within 72 hours of the beginning of the Hex Invasion, that faction forfeits.
Once a Hex Invasion nears its completion, the SWRP Chaos Staff Team will be privately contacted and a Role-play judge will be assigned. If either faction does not concede, the Role-play Judge will decide the victor.
The following will not be considered when judging an Invasion.
- Person vs Person Duels. The amount of duels won or lost in an Invasion does not contribute to either faction’s victory.
- Objectives. The amount of objectives won or lost in an Invasion does not contribute to either faction’s victory.
- Non-Player Characters. The actions of NPCs involved from either side in an Invasion does not contribute to either faction’s victory.
The following will be considered when judging an Invasion.
- Teamwork. The amount of teamwork each faction exhibits over the course of the Invasion will contribute to victory, including its organization, cooperation with the faction's members, and how it executes its vision for the Invasion. This also includes members from opposing factions working with each other, rather than against each other, to provide entertaining role-play.
- Story. Does it make sense? How exciting is it? Are the factions trying to weave a purposeful story or put up points on a scoreboard? This should not include the reason for the Invasion, but rather the story that proceeds once the Invasion has begun.
- OOC Drama. Negative drama instigated by either side, publicly, can negatively impact a Faction’s chances for victory in an Invasion.
- Entertainment. The value of entertainment provided by Factions in an Invasion can positively impact a Faction’s chances for victory in an Invasion.
- Effort. The amount of effort put into the Invasion by each faction participating will positively impact that faction's chances for victory. This includes, but is not limited to - active writers participating, quality of writing, and responding to your writing partners in a reasonable time.