- Rebellions allow Minor Factions to claim or neutralize Major Factions’ territory.
- A Major Faction’s third completed Dominion in a month is vulnerable for 10 days after the Dominion is submitted in the Map Update thread.
- Any hex belonging to a recalled Major Faction is vulnerable to Rebellion.
- Any Minor Faction or group of Minor Factions may launch a Rebellion, so long as they have been Minor Factions for at least 10 days.
- To declare a Rebellion, a Minor Faction Owner must make a clearly labelled OOC thread in the Roleplay Discussion forum and tag the Owner/Admins of the Major Faction being attacked.
- Any other Minor Faction may join the Rebellion by posting their intention in the same thread.
- A Rebellion ends 10 days after the creation of the IC Rebellion thread.
Once a Rebellion nears its completion, the SWRP Chaos Staff Team will assign an RPJ. Unless defeat is conceded, the RPJ will decide the victor based on the following criteria.
The following will not be considered when judging an Invasion.
- Person vs Person Duels. The amount of duels won or lost in an Invasion does not contribute to either faction’s victory.
- Objectives. The amount of objectives won or lost in an Invasion does not contribute to either faction’s victory.
- Non-Player Characters. The actions of NPCs involved from either side in an Invasion does not contribute to either faction’s victory.
- Legitimacy. For what reasons does the rebellion have to exist in the first place? If the story makes sense and the reasoning is airtight, this shouldn't be a problem. If malicious meta intentions are afoot, however, legitimacy can be a make or break moment for the Rebellion.
- Teamwork. The amount of teamwork each faction exhibits over the course of the Invasion will contribute to victory, including its organization and cooperation with the faction's members. Does the Faction work well to execute its vision for the invasion whilst working positively with members of the opposing faction to provide entertaining roleplay.
- Story. Does it make sense? How exciting is it? Are the factions trying to weave a purposeful story with their allies and opposition or put up points on a scoreboard? This should not include the reason for the Invasion, but rather the story that proceeds once the Invasion has begun and reacting to events as they unfold.
- OOC Drama. Negative drama instigated by either side, publicly, can negatively impact a Faction’s chances for victory in an Invasion.
- Entertainment. The value of entertainment provided by Factions in an Invasion can positively impact a Faction’s chances for victory in an Invasion.
- Effort. The amount of effort put into the Invasion by each faction participating will positively impact that faction's chances for victory. This includes, but is not limited to - active writers participating, quality of writing, and responding to your writing partners in a reasonable time.
- Planets belonging to a Major Faction that has been recalled by the SWRP Staff Team may be targeted by Rebellions.
- A Major Faction may remove itself from the list of recalled Major Factions by winning a minimum of two Rebellion threads that target hexes within its influence cloud.
- A Rebellion against a recalled Faction’s territory may not be declared complete until 10 days from the creation of the IC Rebellion thread.
- If a Major Faction requests to be removed from the map they are counted as a recalled Major Faction (not a Minor Faction) until the next map update.