- Rebellions allow Minor Factions to claim or neutralize Major Factions’ territory.
- A Major Faction’s third completed Dominion in a month is vulnerable for 10 days after the Dominion is submitted in the Map Update thread.
- Any hex belonging to a recalled Major Faction is vulnerable to Rebellion.
- Any Minor Faction or group of Minor Factions may launch a Rebellion, so long as they have been Minor Factions for at least 30 days.
- Rebellions cannot be started by Minor Factions that are owned by members who hold a position as a Major Faction Admin/Owner on any of their characters.
- To declare a Rebellion, a Minor Faction Owner must make a clearly labelled OOC thread in the Roleplay Discussion forum and tag the Owner/Admins of the Major Faction being attacked.
- Any other Minor Faction may join the Rebellion by posting their intention in the same thread.
- A Rebellion ends 10 days after the creation of the IC Rebellion thread.
The following will not be considered when judging an Invasion.
- Person vs Person Duels. The amount of duels won or lost in an Invasion does not contribute to either faction’s victory.
- Objectives. The amount of objectives won or lost in an Invasion does not contribute to either faction’s victory.
- Non-Player Characters. The actions of NPCs involved from either side in an Invasion does not contribute to either faction’s victory.
- Participation.An invasion is a story of conflict between two factions, and the participation of both factions will contribute to their chances for victory. This is does not include the total contribution of posts from one faction as compared to another, nor the total amount of individual writers from one faction as compared to another. This does include, but is not limited to, the level of consistent activity of both factions throughout the course of the thread, the interaction between members of both factions with the opposition from the start of the invasion to the end, the steady responses between writing partners made in a reasonable frame of time, and the amount of cooperation and teamwork between members of each faction to achieve their goals.
- Tension. Throughout invasions there will always be a conflicts, large or small. This can be something as small as a Padawan and an Acolyte dueling and how their conflict plays out, or as large as the interaction of two massive fleets in orbit. These moments, as well as how members of both parties respond to and shape them, can contribute to a faction's chances for victory. This is not determined by the literal outcome of these moments. They will be decided by how unique these moments are, how fair and appropriate the moments that lead up to these interactions are, as well as how each individual and group handles these moments and either recovers or takes advantage of them in a fair and appropriate manner.
- Story. At the heart of an invasion lies the stories woven by writers from the first post until its last, whether it is through a violent conflict, a peaceful diplomatic resolution, or anything that lies between. Actions made by individuals, groups, and the factions as a whole make up the fabric of this story and will contribute to each faction's chances for victory. This will not be determined by a summation of duels, objective wins, and general tallying of scores. This will be determined by subjects such as, but is not limited to, whether the actions of individuals and groups make sense in their given context, the expansion of a given location's lore and history, the general flow of the overarching story as it unfolds and is influenced by the actions of each faction, how engaging each individual and group's storyline is, and the impact felt by the gains and the losses of both factions - as well as the fair and balanced actions made by individuals of each faction.
- Drama. While the focus of an invasion will always be the actions of each character and faction in-character, the interaction and the general behavior of writers of each faction out-of-character also create an impact on the flow of an invasion. The goal for every invasion is for members of both parties to have fun and enjoy their experience, and to create a fun and interesting story comprised of the actions of each character as individuals and participating factions as a whole; however, this can be derailed by behavior that is not conducive for such an ideal environment. It is our goal for this to always end as a tie, with both parties never showing examples of inappropriate and negative behavior, but any negative behavior instigated by either side, visibly, can negatively impact that faction's chances for victory in an invasion.
- Planets belonging to a Major Faction that has been recalled by the SWRP Staff Team may be targeted by Rebellions.
- A Major Faction may remove itself from the list of recalled Major Factions by winning a minimum of two Rebellion threads that target hexes within its influence cloud.
- A Rebellion against a recalled Faction’s territory may not be declared complete until 10 days from the creation of the IC Rebellion thread.
- If a Major Faction requests to be removed from the map they are counted as a recalled Major Faction (not a Minor Faction) until the next map update.