- Codex Standardized Rules
- Map Update 21NOVEMBER2018
- Map Update 09OCTOBER2018
- Map Update 09SEPTEMBER2018
- Map Update 02AUGUST2018
- Map Update 02JULY2018
- Map Update 01JUNE2018
- Map Update 30APRIL2018
- Map Update 1APRIL2018
- Map Update 4MARCH2018
- Map Update 27JAN2018
- Map Update 3DEC2017
- Map Update 13 Nov 17
- Map Update 3 OCT 2017
- 851 ABY: Incursion
Codex Standardized Rules
Codex Standardized Rules
General Codex Guidelines 3.0
- Codex Submissions in Planets will require official, two level approval. They are not considered approved until they have been approved by a Codex Judge and an RPJ/Admin, and only then may they be submitted to the Chaos Map.
- Codex Submissions in the Species, Location, NPCs, and Lore forums will be mass approved randomly once a month unless otherwise specified.
- Codex submissions in Species, Location, NPCs, and Lore may be introduced into role-play threads whose start date begins after the submission's posted date.
- Plagiarism will not be tolerated.
- The entire template must be used in your submission. The template's base fields are not to be changed/removed/altered. Additional information and fields may be added if desired.
- Some items, materials, and species are restricted or banned and cannot be used freely. Be sure to consult the list, the specific section, and template limitations before making a submission. Restricted/Banned Items. Banned Species.
- Do not bump your submissions.
- No cross overs. All submissions need to conform to the general idea of Star Wars. No Gundams, no Transformers, no Pokemon etc.
- All measurements in all submissions must be in metric.
- No member may "claim" an image unless they created it themselves.
- If the owner of the image asks you to take it down, please do so.
Intentionally breaking these rules or attempting to mislead Judges will incur a minimum 30 day zero tolerance ban from the Factory or Codex.
General Submission Guidelines
- All Affiliation fields must be linked to the faction, group submission or character where applicable.
- All submissions utilizing images must contain a link to a source where the image can be found. If the art is member created, credit the member.
- All submissions should reflect the strengths and weaknesses of their species, equipment, materials and components for transparency, balance, and fair play.
- Spoilers are not permitted in submissions. The only exception is for images.
- All canon submissions are to be treated as replicas and can be claimed/reproduced by multiple players.
- Language that could be interpreted to force another player to do something they do not wish for their character is prohibited.
- As per standard Chaos Rules, no one may be Immortal- either explicitly or implicitly stated.
- Factory Submissions included in Codex submissions must conform to the limits of production and affiliation set forward in the Factory. If an item is listed as Closed Market, or has an inappropriate affiliation for the Codex submission, you will be required to include proof of purchase/permission by the original submitter for the equipment, or to chose something else.
- The Pre-Codex is for Work In Progress and Feedback Submissions.
- Submissions posted to live Codex requiring significant work may be returned to Pre-Codex by a member of Codex staff.
- For those members that are looking for help and feedback, you may apply the FEEDBACK tag to your submission. This invites other members to comment. Do not tag specific staff for feedback.
- Members may not comment on Submissions that do not have the FEEDBACK tag. Your input has not been invited and posts will be hidden.
- Approximately once a month, inactive submissions still in Pre-codex will be archived. These can be pulled back out from archives when the submitter is ready to begin working on them again. Post in the Submission Modifications thread to have your WIP submission returned to the Pre-Codex.
- When your WIP submission is complete and ready for Judgement, @mention a member of Codex staff in a reply to the submission to have it moved to the proper section.
- Codex submissions have the potential to grow and change. Members are encouraged to update their submissions as they are used in roleplays via the Submission Modification thread. NPC ranks and experience, increased security after attacks in location, updated Affiliation information. Including links to these events is optional.
- All submission modifications must be posted by the same account/author of the original submission in question.
- Submission modifications posted by members other than the original submission author MUST have explicit permission by the original submission author to make modifications. This can be provided by a screen shot of a post or PM by/from the original author.
- You may make up to three modification requests at a time.
- All Submission Modification requests must adhere to current Codex rules. Those that do not will be denied.
At any point during the approval process for your submission, you may apply for a Second Chance.
- If your submission has been denied and you feel it has been done so unfairly you may request a second chance on the submission in question by posting a link to the denied submission and your case for why it should be looked into again. Submissions pulled for Second Chance will be given a new judge. You may not request a specific judge.
- At any time during an active original judgement a submitter may request a second chance for a different judge if they feel they have reasonable evidence of judge bias or unfair judgement. The item will be archived and the submitter may post the second chance request in the Second Chance thread.
- Submissions that are denied on Second Chance are final denials and may not be submitted again.
- Planets, due to their inclusion on the Chaos Map, are the only category of Codex that will still require two level approval by Codex Staff. Edits requested in this section are not suggestions, and refusal to make the required changes will result in the submission being denied. Planet submissions may be submitted to the Map Update thread after the date they have been Approved.
- Custom planets can only be added to map hexes containing 2 or less planets (we allow a maximum of 3 planets per hex) using the Map Update Thread. Planets requesting to be added to a hex with 3 or more planets already occupying that hex will be asked to be moved or be denied. Previously existing entries are grandfathered in.
- Players may add planets to previously existing systems, ie. any planet/system already on the map.
- Extra-galactic planets cannot be submitted to the Codex.
- Don't use specific Earth references as a short hand instead of explaining something. Ex. 'Japanese culture,' 'Medieval Europe', etc.
- Canon planet submissions cannot contradict canon history (i.e. before the Chaos timeline), and should reflect Chaos history if applicable.
Species Creation Rules
- Species possessing extreme/unique powers, abilities, or attributes are advised to be balanced with suitable strengths and weaknesses. When creating your species consider actionable PvP related weaknesses to balance PvP related strengths.
- Completely Force sensitive species may not start off with fully developed Force Powers. That is a matter of the individual, not the race. They are born force sensitive, but that is a potential, rather than an absolute. All Force sensitive species may have passive abilities that do not require training (improved reflexes, low grade pre-cog, etc), but are prohibited from having active abilities (force lightning, telekinesis, etc). Exceptions are made for artificially engineered species (Sithspawn, etc), if they have been tailored for specific abilities. Racial abilities that are not affiliated with the Force (Ex. Zeltron Empathy/Pheromones) are exempted from this. These species should include appropriate weaknesses, such as difficulties with Force Null fields.
- Force Dead species are not immune to the Force- they simply cannot be affected by most abilities directly. Force Dead species should include appropriate weaknesses related to that trait, such as an inability to benefit from positive Force powers like healing or battle meditation.
Location Creation Rules
- Space Station and Starship Locations submitted to the Codex must use an approved Factory submission or a canon model, without significant technical modification.
NPC Creation Rules
- NPCs with: sensitive information/knowledge; unusual, rare, Master ranked or excessive powers; large amounts of resources such as military, technology; or a wide spread area of influence- should have further exposition, solid intent, and particular attention paid to the balancing of strengths/weaknesses to prevent your sub from being reported in an RP.
- When creating NPCs consider actionable PvP related weaknesses to balance PvP related strengths.
- If an item would be unavailable to an equivalent PC, it is barred from being 'owned' by an NPC (ex. an SSD)
- Droid or Artificial Intelligence NPCs submitted to the Codex must use an approved Factory submission, canon model or class, without significant technical modification.
- Combat units containing majority Force Users are not allowed at Large Size or Common Availability. Please keep in mind that the more powerful a unit is over all with the Force especially, the smaller and less available it ought to be. Be sensible and reasonable.
Lore Creation Rules
- Fleet and Army submissions are for fluff and flavor- they are not a hard line numbers game, but a place to collect and organize. Size is a relative field, not an indicator of who would win in a head to head confrontation.
- Holocrons and Datacrons may be submitted through Factory or Codex, at the submitter's discretion or a Judge's request.