Any player with submissions containing restricted materials may recycle those materials for new submissions. The purpose of these rules is to bypass the Restricted Material Objective mission thread by destroying old submissions you no longer use for new submissions who use the same materials.*
*New restricted materials added to these new submissions will require additional completion of Restricted Material objectives.
Salvaging a submission destroys that submission.
- You may only salvage items for items of the same type of item*. Weapons for Weapons, Armor for Armor, Ships for Ships, etc.
- You may only salvage items you have submitted. You may not salvage items you have purchased and/or been given.
- The salvaged submission cannot be unsalvaged and is permanently destroyed. It stays in the Factory only for referential purposes.
- The salvaged submission must be identified prior to the new submission being Approved.
- Salvaging will always cause the new submission to drop one level of production, but the new submission will not drop below the level of Unique.
- The salvaged submission must be linked in the new submission and will serve the function of the required mission objective thread for the restricted material.
Reverse Engineering Rules
Any player may reverse engineer submissions where there is evidence that these were previously owned by/ manufactured for them. This is to distinguish submissions whose intent is the reverse engineering from an available approved Factory submission.
- A Faction or Individual may reverse engineer or create a new submission for items where there is evidence that these were previously owned by/manufactured for the new submitter.
- The original submission must be referenced and properly cited for reverse engineering.
- The new submission must adhere to current Factory standards.
- Complete a Reverse Engineering Mission Objective: Embark on a quest to research, modify, and prototype the Reversed Engineering Item in question. There is no set post limit, though you should tell a complete story.
- Aug 19 2017 02:52 PM
- by Tefka
Restricted & Banned Items
This list is subject to change without notice. Changes will not affect previously approved submissions.
Submissions using Restricted Items will be reviewed by a Role-play Judge and may be declined depending on the quality and effort of the submitter.
- Mission completion may grant a maximum of Limited production, depending on the submission. Each completed mission thread only counts for one submission.
- Any submission which use a Factory Submitted base material based on a Restricted Material (e.g., A Phrik Armourweave submission) will a have a maximum production value of Semi-Unique.
- If a restricted material is traded between characters, you must link to the purchase/trade thread of the restricted item along with the seller's original resource obtaining thread.
- Under no circumstances are two restricted materials allowed per submission. New alloys created by blending two or more restricted materials are not allowed.
- Alchemized Artifacts/Items [Force Imbuement, Alkahest, Jal Shey, etc]
- Artificial Intelligence (Non-Droid)
- Echani graphite
- Hijarna stone
- Isotope 5
- Mandalorian Iron (( See: Beskar ))
- Personal Cloaking Device
- Stygium Crystal
- Void Stone
Write a thread in a convincing manner detailing the quest for, construction of, or discovery of the material or item in question. There is no set post count, however a complete story should be told. Submissions containing extraordinarily strong materials or providing substantial benefits may warrant a judge requesting additional effort or edits made to the submission to adhere to forum standards and balancing for fair play. The item(s) below are not included as free of RM missions for characters or companies/workshops.
- Force Nexus [Locations, Planets, Items]
i. Banned Items are not permitted to be used in canon role-play threads on Star Wars RP: Chaos without the explicit permission of the SWRP Staff Team.
ii. Banned Items are not permitted to be used in submissions within the Factory without the explicit permission of the SWRP Staff Team.
iii. Banned Items are only permitted to be used in Non-Canon role-play threads or Non-Canon Campaign threads.
- Celestial Technology
- Extragalactic Subjects (canon species/technology/planets/etc exempt.)
- Gree Technology (Not including Nav Computers: they provide no information on the technology of the Gree)
- Lightsaber Rifle
- Neutron Bomb
- Nanotechnology: All nanotechnology is banned.[ x ]
- Plagiarism: Any obvious use of material from outside the Star Wars universe, including but not limited to: Gundam Wing, Halo, Marvel, DC Universe, Dragonball Z, Final Fantasy, Star Trek, etc. Attempted plagiarism could result in disciplinary action as it directly contradicts Star Wars RP: Chaos’s General Rules.
- Quantum-crystalline Armor
- Rakata Technology
- Stargate ( See: Hypergate )
- Jan 01 2018 02:05 PM
- by Tefka