Reverse Engineering Rules
Any player may reverse engineer submissions where there is evidence that these were previously owned by/ manufactured for them. This is to distinguish submissions whose intent is the reverse engineering from an available approved Factory submission.
- A Faction or Individual may reverse engineer or create a new submission for items where there is evidence that these were previously owned by/manufactured for the new submitter.
- The original submission must be referenced and properly cited for reverse engineering.
- The new submission must adhere to current Factory standards.
- Complete a Reverse Engineering Mission Objective: Embark on a quest to research, modify, and prototype the Reversed Engineering Item in question. There is no set post limit, though you should tell a complete story.
- Mar 26 2018 11:41 PM
- by Tefka
Restricted & Banned Items
This list is subject to change without notice. Changes will not affect previously approved submissions.
Submissions including restricted materials will be reviewed by both Factory and Role-Play Judges for balance and fairness and may be declined based upon review.
- Restricted Material Missions no longer apply for anything other than SSD / Dreadnoughts (Via the SSD / Dreadnought Dominion Rules).
- Restricted Materials have been separated into two categories: Type A and Type B. This is to allow submissions a degree of flexibility to include two restricted materials per submission.
- Submissions which include two restricted materials may never exceed Semi-Unique.
- Restricted Materials may not be combined to create new alloys under any circumstance.
- Submissions including materials from the list of Type A may include another Type A material, or a Type B material.
- Submissions may not include two materials from the list of Type B.
- Confined to the Technology and Vehicles categories.
- Production value does not exceed Semi-Unique.
- Maintain a sensible level of balance, fairness, as well as strengths and weaknesses throughout the submission.
- Starships which include a restricted material may require the reduction of a rating elsewhere based on the balance of the submission.
- Companies at Tier 4 & Major Factions may produce Starships at Unique.
- Companies at Tier 5 may produce Starships at Semi-Unique.
- Companies at Tier 6 may select one (permanent) material to produce Technology, Vehicles, and Starships at Limited. (With limitations. IE: Stealth technology, Force Nexus, overly powerful Force effects.)
- Regardless of this, a Factory Judge may deny a submission on concept if they feel that balance is unlikely to be found due to the nature of the submission.
- Echani graphite
- Mandalorian Iron (( See: Beskar ))
- Alchemized Artifacts/Items [Force Imbuement, Alkahest, Jal Shey, etc]
- Artificial Intelligence (Non-Droid)
- Force Nexus * (See below)
- Hijarna stone
- Isotope 5
- Personal Cloaking Device
- Stygium Crystal
- Banned Items are not permitted to be used in canon role-play threads on Star Wars RP: Chaos without the explicit permission of the SWRP Staff Team.
- Banned Items are not permitted to be used in submissions within the Factory without the explicit permission of the SWRP Staff Team.
- Banned Items are only permitted to be used in Non-Canon role-play threads or Non-Canon Campaign threads.
- Celestial Technology
- Extragalactic Subjects (canon species/technology/planets/etc exempt.)
- Gree Technology (Not including Nav Computers: they provide no information on the technology of the Gree)
- Lightsaber Rifle
- Neutron Bomb
- Plagiarism: Any obvious use of material from outside the Star Wars universe, including but not limited to: Gundam Wing, Halo, Marvel, DC Universe, Dragonball Z, Final Fantasy, Star Trek, etc. Attempted plagiarism could result in disciplinary action as it directly contradicts Star Wars RP: Chaos’s General Rules.
- Quantum-crystalline Armor
- Rakata Technology
- Stargate ( See: Hypergate )
- Jun 12 2018 06:29 PM
- by Tefka