Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Request Calling Jedi and Padawans - join the darkside, be free. [lock pls]

There are wayyy too many of you.

image.png

Jedi? Padawan? what are your plans for your character that isn't about the same as every other jedi? Fight bad guys. Sure.

Come join the darkside, even just temporarily, just a taste, a trial of a month or two. it be fun (so they said). It may be something a little different for your lightsided character that might potentially trigger an arc. And maybe your char (and you ooc) might learn things and have their eyes opened to a world they did not expect the darkside to be. Be it falling and then redemption, or falling and then deciding the dark isnt for you, or falling and fully embracing the dark. IDK. Some ideas: Your character was were kidnapped, coerced (like my char was) away from the order or just because they simply were curious and found themselves within darkside infleunce. Have their views shift from the experience or not at all.

There are tons of darkside chars that are happy to be a mentor. You don't see many: acolyte in need of darkside master LFGs. Its all just plain ole padawans wanting a jedi mentor, maybe somewhere out there, a sith or elite might want an apprentice too.

There are so many opportunities, character arcs with the darkside. The dark side is calling, why not give it a shot? Anakin Skywalker did, you should too.

Putting this up as maybe a discussion I guess. like really, what are your plans for your padawan/jedi? have you thought about it?
My main is a fallen jedi, I can certainly help if you are intersted in a darkside character arc, but im sure there are many would love to too.
I might get cancelled for this but idgaf. come at me bro.

I think this thread might have been taken the wrong way and missed the point. I'm not asking people to create a sith character or asking why people don't play sith or the problems of Sith vs Jedi - to which those aspects mentioned above are valid.

I was mostly pointing out and asking people to consider the fun arcs and char development to explore when having their current jedi or padawan fall. Malum recently gave me some advice and mentioned he hasn't really seen much of fallen jedi arcs on chaos. Not sure how true that is, but it made me wonder. Such arcs would be something I'd like to see more of - and playing my own was really fun.

Which is the main purpose of putting this thread up.

Last edited:
Sith/Dark Side narratives on this site are largely plagued with the kind of things that make a lot of people prefer to write an apprentice narrative on the Light Side instead. (also Jedi lowkey way cooler lmao)
things such as? scratch that, there are things i am uncomfortable with too but as always, i believe its good for Ooc commincation on what you are wiling to write and not to set boundaries with your partner so both parties are comfortable with inorder to create a good story.

Last edited:
things such as?

Narrative power creep wrought from irl decade-long character arcs. It motivates people to start their character as some powerful or at least seasoned practitioner of the dark side so they can keep up. (I'm guilty of this.)

A tendency for dark siders to split their time among multiple apprentices. (wouldn't be a problem if it worked)

Lack of meaningful growth due to how centralized Sith power is narratively. Jedi have an absurd number of roles that make you feel like you have even an internal narrative impact on larger stories. Even I got to write a Jedi Councillor in old NJO but the Sith Council is usually the same handful of people. I'm not trying to make a underhanded dig at those people, but I'd be lying if I didn't point out it is obviously discouraging for those endeavoring to rise through the ranks.

I could go on.

Jokes aside, I think the reason people don’t write Sith as much is the political aspect.

With light siders, you can just kinda write slice of life drama with the occasional big PvP moments.

With Sith/Dark Siders, it’s all about the maneuvering of power plays and trying to climb the hierarchy of power scaling. There’s not as much room for just the small character development and relationship building, as everything has that undertone of biding your time waiting for a moment to make your move.

I suppose its depends on what someone wants for their character.

Also, like what i said, "maybe your char (and you ooc) might learn things and have their eyes opened to a world they did not expect the darkside to be."

If more people tried starting from the bottom up.

Its not all about powerscaling as how I see it. I haven't played nouqai for too long, but her goals are not to climb the ranks (maybe in the future perhaps). And I'm still having a whole lot of fun tagging her along with her master's expeditions and making connections with her master's connections. There is a lot of potential starting from the bottom.

And I feel like playing jedi would be a little harder to climb up the ranks would it not? I haven't played jedi for too long either. But someone give me their opinion on this.

I suppose its depends on what someone wants for their character.

Also, like what i said, "maybe your char (and you ooc) might learn things and have their eyes opened to a world they did not expect the darkside to be."

If more people tried starting from the bottom up.

Its not all about powerscaling as how I see it.

And I feel like playing jedi would be a little harder to climb up the ranks would it not? I haven't played jedi for too long either. But someone give me their opinion on this.
I’ve been playing Jonyna for just about a year now, and honestly it really depends on what you want out of it.

If you want a seat on the Council, yeah, you’re gonna have to earn that, but it’s really not the accolade people build it up to be. Becoming something worth while in the NJO really comes down to becoming a recognizable face in the order, and being able to show you’re fun to interact with.

Every character has a niche in the NJO, which is something I think the Sith struggle with. Everyone wants to vie for that top dog position, and there’s not a lot of specific roles available beyond that.

I think on top of that, the problem with writing Sith is the tone. Jedi can be lighthearted or self serious or everything in between. With Sith, you’re forced to write something a bit more mature, brooding characters that are either manipulative, egomaniacal, or just plain crazy.

Dark siders aren’t as flexible, and that’s by design.

I think this thread might have been taken the wrong way and missed the point. I'm not asking people to create a sith character or asking why people don't play sith or the problems of Sith vs Jedi - to which those aspects mentioned above are valid.

I was mostly pointing out and asking people to consider the fun arcs and char development to explore when having their current jedi or padawan fall. Malum recently gave me some advice and mentioned he hasn't really seen much of fallen jedi arcs on chaos. Not sure how true that is, but it made me wonder. Such arcs would be something I'd like to see more of - and playing my own was really fun.

Which is the main purpose of putting this thread up.

I like how the hard core Jedi folks miss the point of the OP

It ain't about bashing Jedi or the NJO or saying the Sith are limited with story (they ain't btw - it's all about how much you want to limit yourself). It's about what are your ideas for your Light sider? Want to have your paddie flirt with the Dark Side for a bit as an arc and then have them redeemed or w/e.

I like how the hard core Jedi folks miss the point of the OP

It ain't about bashing Jedi or the NJO or saying the Sith are limited with story (they ain't btw - it's all about how much you want to limit yourself). It's about what are your ideas for your Light sider? Want to have your paddie flirt with the Dark Side for a bit as an arc and then have them redeemed or w/e.

YES^

I like how instead of people presenting a character that could participate in OP's ideas or just stay silent on the matter or taking this conversation elsewhere so it doesn't clog up the LFG . . . just completely start bashing on the idea and/or Sith in general.

Take your grievances elsewhere. Either present a character that can participate or don't. Or better yet, be the change you want to see. You want more lighthearted or flexibility with the Sith? You want Sith to have slice of life too? Then do it. No one is stuck inside of a box or a niche they can't get out from.

Basically, I agree with Ave. That and almost none of this has been constructive. Just a lot of "Jedi stories are more flexible so they're better and more fun!" while slamming Sith stories. And then there's a quick backtrack with "well, Sith stories can still be fun!" It's effectively propaganda of "Jedi more fun, Sith less fun", whether you all intended it or not. I am betting there will be new and old writers alike who will be somewhat, if not completely, discouraged by this after reading.

You all couldn't have saved this for the Discord, DMs, or literally anywhere else? This is getting absurd. It's an LFG guys, not a place to bemoan everything you don't like about Sith.

I'd also like admit that my first sentence
Jedi? Padawan? what are your plans for your character that isn't about the same as every other jedi? Fight bad guys. Sure.`
was very intentionally slightly flame baiting to get people to click. But it worked, all of you are here now.

Please just contribute to OP on what you think of the original message so we can move on. What plans do you have for your Jedi, would you ever consider a falling to darkside arc? What about current darkside characters, what would be their views on taking on a falling jedi apprentice?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom