Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Family Time

Valery Noble Valery Noble

Colette felt more joy than she could describe when Aurra wrapped her in an even tighter hug and leaned in to put her cheek on the kid's head while she still could. But, as nice as the hug was, they also needed to come up with something good to engrave in the pendant.

"It should be something strong and concrete." Colette said and put her thinking cap on. "Something that you can look at when you feel like the world is too heavy to bear, and yet also something that will always be true."

"Something like…" Colette hummed for a second. "Let go of your burdens, hold on to your friends."

"Or, how about… What would mom do?"

M977SXg.png

"Mmhmm." Kahlil just chuckled after a moment and shook his head. It mattered little what it was. The idea of carrying something that he could feel their children through, know they were alright, that was more than enough for him. Though he'd continue to tease her in turn about her choices. "I love them, just as much. .. Mm. Probably more if I'm being honest."

Aris blinked, but then smiled and nodded as he followed after her. He hadn't thought that far about it. Multiple requests. He could, too, if he wanted. He wouldn't of course, but the option was there. "You shouldn't forget yourself, though, okay?"

Valery Noble Valery Noble | Colette Colette

HAIuSyi.png
Outfit: Epicanthix Dress | Wedding Ring

“What would Mommy do?” Aurra smiled and seemed to like that. “Let go of your burdens, hold on to your family,” the little triplet squeaked as best as she could. It was only a small change to what Colette had proposed, but family meant more to her than friends. If anything, her brothers and sisters were her best friends.

She wanted the pendant to be about them.

“Can we put a picture in it of us? You and me,” Aurra asked with a bright smile. It could hold more than one picture, so she wanted one with her big sister, too.

“More, huh?” Valery jabbed her elbow gently into his side, “You better be careful, love. I can already hear the couch calling your name.” She flashed him a grin, even though she knew it to be a silly threat. She could barely sleep without the warmth of his embrace these days, so if anything, she needed him with her more than he needed her.

“I know,” Vera said with a smile, “Let’s go in!” With that final chirp, Vera pushed Aris into the forge until they soon returned with their items. Vera had a simple collar for Fuzzy and a small wristband for herself. She had asked for two items, so she kept them both simpler to not demand too many of the Keshian’s resources.

Valery looked at them with a smile, “Come on, babe. Our turn.”

Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble / Valery Noble Valery Noble

No, that wasn't a better way to put it at all. Friends were chosen, but family — blood family — was not. Colette's lips thinned for a moment as she stifled the disappointment but quickly brightened up when Aurra asked to have a picture of the two of them in the locket as well.

"Absolutely." She said and began to think. "Although we'd have to take one first. But that's not very difficult."

She smiled and looked over at Valery and Kahlil who were getting ready to go ask for their own little things. Colette frowned for a moment before she turned back to Aurra.

"I don't really want anything from the forge." She admitted and chuckled at herself. "I… Don't like having too many things of my own, it feels… Heavy."

"... What would you get if you didn't know what to get?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom