Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Fight! Fight!

gDn2OUr.jpeg
Tag: Aris Noble Aris Noble

Astri hoped that Aris would be okay with her change of their plans. He had seemed really excited to spar, after all, and she had kind of just thrown a wrench in that. Sure, it was out of fear for both their safety, but she'd hardly blame the boy if he was disappointed. If someone offered to do something with her that she enjoyed, only to back out, she'd probably be at least a little bummed.

The way he seemed to grimace at the idea made her shrink into herself though.

"O-or we could do something else. O-or I could let you get back to your training. I'm sorry—"

"I can show you the basics of Epicanthix in turn, then. It would be a fair trade I think."

But then he spoke with a smile, and Astri was left extremely confused. But... at least Aris didn't seem to be upset with her. That was a victory, and she decided to take what she could get. Victories weren't very common, at least in her experience.

"I, umm... the Epicanthix have their own unique forms?" She asked, a little meek, "I... I had no idea."

All that time sheltered on Eshan, reading about galactic history, but she'd never bothered to read about other cultures. That had come back to haunt her on a near daily basis since leaving her homeworld.

xiqfVVX.png

"Every family has their own distinct style based on the core of Epicanthic unarmed. Their history, the cultures they're ancestors hailed from, all change it to something personal to them. .. The Echani aren't the only warriors in the galaxy." He was practically grumbling by the time he finished his sentence. There was a lot of assumption that the Echani were it for warrior cultures outside the Mandalorians, and Aris had already faced that down too many times for him to be comfortable.

Still, he didn't want that to taint the conversation so he brought a faint, if brief, smile to his face.

"Why don't we start with your forms, yeah?"

Astri Elyse Astri Elyse

gDn2OUr.jpeg

Astri nodded meekly at Aris' explanation. He was grumbly, but smiling, and she wasn't sure what to make of that. The bigger boy seemed nice... but really intense. It didn't scare her per se, but it did make her a little nervous around him. It reminded her a little of her father, stern, serious, and harsh. But... she supposed Aris hadn't proven himself to be harsh yet, so maybe there wasn't anything to worry about?

"I-I'm sorry," she mumbled, "I-I've never left Eshan before coming here. I'm not very educated on other cultures."

"Why don't we start with your forms, yeah?"

She nodded with pursed lips. Then she set her shoulders back, and lifted her chin. Astri didn't know how to be confident... but she also couldn't hide behind her shell if she was going to teach Aris how her people fought.

"O-kay!" She tried to project her voice, "Aris, what do you know of my people? Do you know why we fight? What it means to us? Those things are just as important as the forms themselves."

xiqfVVX.png

"I don't. The Epicanthix view the Echani as a formidable culture of warriors, but also don't much care for fighters who leave their heart on their sleeves." Echani fought with the intention of communication through their form, as far as Aris was aware. It wasn't something he liked too much himself, even if he could understand the why. But, at the same time, he figured there was something far more to it all, and he waited for Astri to explain.

Astri Elyse Astri Elyse

gDn2OUr.jpeg

"I don't. The Epicanthix view the Echani as a formidable culture of warriors, but also don't much care for fighters who leave their heart on their sleeves."

Astri frowned. It wasn't the first time Aris had lambasted her people. She was... she was upset. But she didn't have the nerve to say anything about it. So instead, she swallowed her feelings, and stuck her chin out once more. If Aris wanted to view her people through the biased lenses of his people, fine! She'd just have to prove that there was more to them then what he'd been taught.

"I-It's not just about feelings." She defended, "it's communication. It's about learning just who it is you're fighting, and having a dialogue with them. It's an intimate process, ingrained in our culture. You might not be able to grasp that part of it, having not grown up in it as I have."

In a way, it was like learning a whole new language. Astri, who knew a few of those, thought that was a pretty fair comparison.

"But you might find it more interesting if I put it this way: to defeat your enemy, you have to know your enemy. To know your enemy, you have to fight your enemy. And when you really boil it down, that's all that our forms are: coming to know someone through fighting."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom