Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Midvinter Event Planning 2019

Opening:
  • It's just another day on Midvinter. Thyrian watches his children play by the fireplace. A portal opens over Tháinbroek.
  • Thyrian and Kära both sense something is off. Thyrian puts them on an emergency speeder headed for safety.
  • Chaos consumes the capital, mass panic erupts as the city is massacred of its population and much is laid to waste. The King watches helplessly, trapped in his own home.
  • The Crone appears with Velkar by her side, chaining Thyrian in place and makes him kneel to her. She toys with him, tortures him. She assumes the throne in the crumbled Hall. Over the course of the event she lectures him on the futility of life, etc.
​Act I:
  • Kära and her children arrive in Fridheim.
  • Thurion looks himself in the mirror to see the Crone stare back at him, only this time he faces her with newfound confidence. Kära arrives.
  • Thurion and Coci are told of what happened in Tháinbroek. The time has finally come to face the Crone one last time.
  • A world-wide call to arms is made. We see the armies of Men, Elves, Beorni, and Jedi muster. Théodred and Ylva in the Northmark, Thrand and Ióunn in Averlorn, etc.
  • Thurion and Coci depart to the agreed-upon mustering grounds. The same spot as during the Rebellion.
Act II:
  • Build-up to war. All characters and their armies meet up, everyone gets a chance to interact with one another. Thurion takes charge as Commander of their combined forces.
  • The Valkyri lose hope and faith at the notion that their king and capital were both seized and held hostage so effortlessly, without any divine intervention. They are reassured when the Dawnbringer (and other gods?) descend from the skies.
  • A battle plan is drawn up, with all characters present and contributing. Thurion informs everyone of his intention to defeat the Crone and free his brother, or die trying.
  • One last night together before the coming battle. Largely mirrors the final moments of the Dawnbringer.
  • Thurion tells Théodred to take care of everyone should he perish. Thurion and Coci spend what could be their last night together.
Act III:
  • All characters suit up for battle. War paint is worn.
  • A final rousing speech is made. They make ready to do battle against insurmountable odds.
  • They assault Tháinbroek with all they have. Each race play to their strengths and work together to achieve even greater feats.
  • Midway through the battle the Skaugr arrive in the neck of time, leaving their homeland for the first time since before recorded time.
  • They fight their way through the capital. Only Thurion and Coci make it to the Great Hall at first. They are soon joined by their children and extended family.
  • The Crone relishes the challenge, demonstrating her power by taking them all on.
  • Thyrian is freed from his bonds and joins the fight, only to be mortally wounded at some point.
  • Gríma is defeated when Velkar betrays her, leaving her at Thurion's mercy. She is destroyed for good, but Thyrian is dying.
  • Close family get to say their good-byes. Kära puts on a brave face, telling him they'll be alright. He can rest.
  • The Dawnbringer personally guides his son's spirit into the afterlife. The Phoenix King passes away in Thurion's arms.
Epilogue:
  • A royal funeral is held.
  • A brief discussion over who will be the new king plays out. Thrand declines all nominations, forsaking his claim in order to remain in Averlorn with his queen. In the end, Thurion is declared the Lion King.
  • With the ancient capital no more, the court is relocated to Fridheim. Life slowly returns to normal, though visibly shaken by the events. Fridheim is renamed Heavenheim.
  • Thurion looks himself in the mirror and discovers his wounds have finally healed. His vision is restored.
  • Another statue is added beside his father's, depicting the Phoenix King.

[member="Coci Heavenshield"]

Here's what I have so far. We can change things here and there, but that's the jist of it. ^_^

Added Velkar in there after our conversation earlier, as well as updated some details to account for Thurion's regained strength.

[member="Thurion Heavenshield"]

Got both Nida and Val's writer pumping me about when the thread will start. I think everyone is getting excited about it.

I know that SJO has an invasion coming up in Jan? Maybe we could kick it off sooner? Not sure when you have in mind.

I was thinking of some strategy for the battle. Around Theo that is.

I was thinking that he would command Bors to take infantry from the north by boat down the river to Thainbroek since that will be the quickly way. However, cavalry will not travel well on ships so Theo will bring them down through the fens.

He will be a little late and will not be there to the war council but he will send messages by dispatches. He will charge in from the north and attack from the rear guard.

What do you think?

edit

and maybe Bors can summon the East mark and meeting them on route.

I like it! I forgot about Bors' part in all this, he'll have lots of interactions to do with Thrand and his two sons. ^_^

He could happen to meet up with his younger brother as both make their way to the mustering grounds, for some grumpy bickering. :p

I've even found the perfect look for his brother:

gj2AtDO.jpg

So there are a few slight changes to the thread plan. haha.. Jericho entering did that which is fine we can work with it.

I think we are at the point for the next phase, where the groups meet up so might need a post from you to time skip a little to get things moving again. Coci and Jericho are near Daal which is close by the area you want to muster. Thrand and Iounn are on their way so that would work if they were to meet up with Thurion and he comes across the plains.

Theo is waiting in the North forests and will descend from them. Will have to speak via communications cause he will attack from the north. He and Bors are the only ones not going to meet up at the rally ground. I think that works better anyway as there should be several fronts to the attack.

Once they are all engaged we can find time for Thurion and Theo to have a chat, like you wanted.

What you think?

[member="Thurion Heavenshield"].

I was thinking that Theo could get into the Grand Hall and rescue Thyrian from the dungeons. That way he can get out and suit up before the final battle for him?

Or maybe Theo could get in there and get him out before that if you like

Or maybe save the rescue operation for when the battle begins, have Théo and a few others sneak in from behind to get to Thyrian?

I don't plan to have him get out of the city and recuperate, more like he'll break free and join the ongoing attack. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom