Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Noble Intentions

Um9wLtZ.png

"The stories of the Temple had been here for long before I was born. So...I dunno." Jonyna admitted. "I looked into the archives on Coruscant a while back. No mention of it there, so...maybe it was a different sect? Like the Green Jedi on Corellia, ya know?"

Valery could spot a small staircase off to the side. Clearly meant to be the only way up, it lead to one of the balconies, ghosts walking it like it was nothing. It was strange, none of the ghosts looked...old. Some were adults, some padawans, some younglings. But no masters, at least as far as they could tell. No one looked older than 40.

Tag: Valery Noble Valery Noble

LMf40tA.png

HAIuSyi.png

Outfit: Factory Link | Wedding Ring
Weapons: Lightsabers

"That's possible," Valery said as she hummed in thought. "We'll have to ask them about it. I'd like to try and learn as much as we can, and perhaps update our databases." As long as the spirits were okay with that, of course. She would understand if they preferred their Temple to remain hidden and limit its access, even for other Jedi.

But she hoped that wouldn't be the case.

"First, let's introduce ourselves." Valery had spotted the one way up and casually walked there. If these spirits were former Jedi, they would be harmless. Inviting, perhaps. She took the staircase and greeted some of the spirits around her with a kind smile, while she watched them with curious eyes.

Just who were they?

"Do you think there's a hierarchy here? Or do they all just come and go?"

Um9wLtZ.png

The spirits of the younglings she passed seemed to look at Valery in awe. One froze in place, like they were looking at a legend.

"I couldn't tell ya..." Jonyna said, following behind. It was strange, the sight of ghosts of the past just walking like it was a normal day...

As they reached the top, a knight of Bothan origin, approached the two.

"Ah, visitors. It has been a while!" He smiled. "You find us on a bad day, unfortunately. The Master is out. Can I help you though?"

"Uhhh...sure. What is this place?"
Jonyna inquired.

"Ah! This is the Temple of Fate. Where the jedi who fell during the Great Purge of Cathar can persist, and guide those who seek us out."

LMf40tA.png

HAIuSyi.png

"Either they're amazed to see the living, or they recognize me," Valery said as they passed by some younglings. If they recognized her, it meant these spirits were of people who came after her. Perhaps Jedi of the High Republic era, or maybe even beyond that. Whenever they were from, Valery was eager to learn more about them and their stories. Perhaps it'd offer guidance about how to address the Galaxy's current issues.

Either way, it seemed they'd have their answer soon.

A Bothan Knight approached the two Jedi and offered some answers. These were Jedi from the purge on Cathar? Valery frowned at the thought but smiled again when she realized these people had made peace with it.

No need for her to be upset on their behalf.

"Why was it built all the way up here? It's not easy to reach,"

Um9wLtZ.png

"The people of this planet believed in the harmony of nature. When the jedi arrived to build this temple, we promised not to disturb that. So, instead of building within the jungle or savannah, we chose this peak. A place where no life would be disturbed, and where the jedi could watch over the planet in peace." The Bothan smiled. "You are Grandmaster Noble, yes? It's a pleasure to finally meet you. The Wellspring watches over all who call themselves Jedi, and your light has shined quite bright over all those who have."

Jonyna chuckled, looking to Val with a slight smirk. "The Cathar have a bit of a thing for legacy. Had you been born here, you'd probably have your own tree, let alone one mural."

LMf40tA.png

HAIuSyi.png

"That's very kind of you," Valery said with a warm smile and even a gentle blush touching her cheeks. She wasn't one to ask for the spotlight, and too much appreciation made her uncomfortable, but these kind words did make her smile. The Temple and its story were just as wonderful, too. Built on this peak so it would not disturb mother nature. It was true to the heart of the Jedi, and respectful to the people and animals who lived on this planet.

She felt satisfied with the answer, so now she wanted to figure out a way forward.

"We'd like to look into Jedi returning here. It's quite far from our typical reach, but perhaps we can allow Jedi to make journeys here." Temples that were close to enemy territory were treated differently. She wouldn't place younglings there, and kept the Jedi presence limited to those who had the means to travel alone and protect themselves.

Just as a precaution.

Um9wLtZ.png

"Oh? Well...we can't exactly stop you." The Bothan joked. "We'd be happy to allow the new generation to use this temple. You will find that some of our technology is...in need of upgrading to the modern standard, I'm sure, but the archives are still viable! Perhaps I can allow you to meet Master Hara. She is usually sparse in her appearances, as she finds little reason to return from the Wellspring at times. But she is around when those need her!"

"...is that the same Master Hara who the man on the waterfall mentioned?" Jonyna inquired.

"Ah! You met Knight Apalic. He used to love that waterfall, his spirit finds home there, we've found."

That got a snort out of Jonyna. Val could recognize the word for 'Lazy'.

"Yes, that is our master. She was the keeper of this temple when the Mandalorians came down. Her saber was the last to fall, but the first to engage."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom