Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"ORC-o-pedia" One stop reference

Hello and welcome to this crazy little thing we call the "Outer Rim Coalition" or ORC for short. Contained the the thread below will be a collection of all we are and how to track, see, read, join or other wise take part in our little corner of chaos.

Who we are?

Long story short we are a major faction, based in the southern outer rim. The Underground, putting down roots. Think of a Firefly crew - True Neutral through Chaotic Good, more or less. Yes, Darksiders are fine as long as we’re talking, like, Jayne Cobb levels of evil. Most importantly, this faction isn’t based around preexisting social groups. It draws from several. New friendships get made, plots get developed on the fly, folks come together to have fun with common interests.

What are we?

A decentralized, ragtag coalition fighting all kinds of unknowable alien evil in the middle of nowhere. Modded crap freighters and salvaged ships - no mass-produced Jedi battle cruisers of doom or uber-optimized corporate fleets, please. Comparable to the original Levantine Sanctum and Vagrant Fleet, with some Lords of the Fringe thrown in. Not interested in aggressive expansion, or dominions for their own sake.

Why we are?

IC: At first, the Underground’s goal was to liberate the Outback from the remnants of the Black Rose. We discovered, however, that the Qektoth Confederation and their xenomorph creations represented a serious threat, and we found ourselves dragged into a Resistance-style war for the Kathol. Once we battled them and liberated the sector we found a new calling in defending it and trying to keep it free for all.

OOC: Massive popular demand for a grungy, rusty, Firefly/Outer Rim kind of place, without the pressures of the map game (we have no need to tentacle for our lives, thanks very much). Think of the look and feel of old sci-fi like the Original Trilogy, the Alien films, Screamers, Starship Troopers, The Last Starfighter, Total Recall (the original), or Blade Runner.

(PS most of this is from our founder and faction admin [member="Jorus Merrill"], and we still hold to most of it today)

How to I fit in?

Well that is totally up to you. No matter if you want to be a lone wolf smuggler, or a admiral of a large fleet. A small time craft shop or a multi-billion dollar corporation owner. Want to be from a unique planet you created, go for it, what to rule that planet, great you do you. Below you will find links and other info as to how you can become most anything you want!

Just a few other things I want to say to us all.

1. RESPECT - I give it to everyone and I expect everyone to treat everyone else the same. I run a low sodium, inclusive, and friendly faction. Everyone has a voice, no one has the rights to take away the freedoms of another.

2. Freedom - It is the IC and OOC basis of our faction. We write together because we want to. I'm no loyalty nazi, if your muse moves you to other things, factions, and what now then I support that. We will always be here to welcome you back should you miss us.

3. Open communication - SPEAK to me! If something or someone is bothering you then let me or one of the other staffers know. We are all human, or bothon, droid... OK basically we all make mistakes. If you fell down, or under appreciated, or lonely then PLEASE speak to me if it involves stuff in the faction. I want to help.

4. RESPECT - Yes it is so nice I'm saying it twice. We need to be sure as a faction we also respect others. FO, GA, Silvers, and all the others. Just remember if you are gonna play in their space ASK FIRST! Be cool and communicate. What you do in our name reflects on everyone. The goal is to play together, not bully into action.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom