TAAK'SHUKUR | BONE BREAKER
Image Source: Elder Scrolls
Intent: A reworking of his previous Primary weapon
- Salvaging Beskar: Taak'Shukur
Manufacturer: Draco Vereen | Ijaat Mereel
Affiliation: Draco Vereen
Material: Beskar, Electronics, Catra'diamtr Talon
Classification: Power Axe
Length: 105 Centimeters
- Blade: 55 Centimeters
- Haft: 100 Centimeters
Weight: 4 Kilograms
Taak'shukur, or Bone Breaker, is a Beskar Power Axe made with a small Catra'diamtr talon on the bottom of the haft, mostly for ornamentation. The axe was forged from the material of the original maces wielded by Draco years ago. Though not as powerful as the Mace, the axe has several significant advantages over its predecessor.
First, the blade of the Axe is razor sharp, crafted alongside the master beskarsmith Ijaat Mereel, who used his powers to ensure that the edges and top-spike never dulled and remained razor sharp. After the impurities were removed through the use of Art of the Small, the smiths took to modifying the shockwave generators of a power hammer. They were adjusted to be situated at an angle so that they created almost a sheath around the edge of the blade and nothing more, delivering the full force of the blow and repulsor blast and shockwave across a very small surface area in comparison to the blunt force instrument of the mace. Even though the collective force is overall less than the mace was capable of, the energy is concentrated into a much smaller area increasing its ability to carve through armor and damage muscles, bones, and organs. This has resulted in the weapon being able to leave gashes and tear rents in some vehicles and structures, as well as increasing the weapons ability to fracture and cleave through many forms of armor. The shockwave is capable of knocking opponents backwards on occasion, depending on the person, the placement of the strike, and a number of other factors.
The look of the weapon is old style, doing its best to hide the electronics and technology so that the weapon appeared to be mundane. The haft is able to extend and retract using Echani Molecular Compression Technology, but unlike several weapons using the technology, this is only for storage and carrying purposes. It takes to long to extend or retract to be useful in combat. Finally the butt-spike is a small Catra'diamter, Sky Demon, talon. The talons are known for being beskar hard and razor sharp. Purified in the same way as the metal, it is an impressive, if simply ornamental attachment. The back-spike of the axehead is likewise very simple, nothing more than an edged blade.
- Armor Bane: Using shockwave generators positioned at an angle to deliver the kinetic shock along the primary blade and top-spike, the axe can deliver a powerful force on the blade edge. This is capable of fracturing armor, breaking bones, and injuring internal organs, shattering duracrete and stone, and cleaving furrows into some vehicles.
- Striking Surface: The true power of the blade is relatively small. Getting swatted with the flat of the blade might hurt, but one would avoid the dangers of a Power Axe, and only the head of the axe is really dangerous.
- Weight: Axes are top heavy, this is known. Even designed as a Badriche, its still top heavy, and thus not as easily wielded as a sword or lightsaber might be.
- EMP: The weapon is electronic. Ionic or EMP weapons will disable it until the power cell can be replaced and some maintenance can be done to it.
- Power Axe
- Lightsaber Resistant
- Permanent Sharpened Edge