Codex Standardized Rules
1. The Pre-Codex is for WIP submissions only. Do not comment on other members' submissions, do not tag Codex Judges for feedback. Questions about your WIP submissions may be asked in the Codex Discussion forum.
2. Pre-Codex WIP submissions have a 2 week limit. Submissions that exceed this limit will be archived but can be pulled back out from archives when the submitter is ready to begin working on them again.
3. When your WIP submission is complete and ready for Judgement, @mention the Codex Admin or Codex RPJ in a reply to the submission to have it moved to the proper section.
General Submission Guidelines
1. Please keep your submissions neat and easy to read. Stylized formatting is allowed so long as it does not impede a Judge's ability to read the submission. Submissions with excessive spelling, grammatical, or formatting errors may be placed in the Pre-Codex for edits.
2. All images used in submissions should be properly sourced with links to the original image, the name of the artist and the title of the artwork. For more information on how to properly source your images please read here.
3. All non-Basic submission titles should have its Basic translation in parentheses beside it. I.E. Echoy'lii Shuk'orok (Echoy'lan Crushgaunts) or Aliit'Verd Euk'gar'gam (Clan Verd Mando Steel Armor)
4. Pertinent companies, species, and planets referenced in Codex submissions should be hyperlinked to their submission or canonical article for ease of reference.
5. All relevant threads that are hyperlinked in submissions must be cited as the full thread title, not an abbreviation.
6. Members should familiarize themselves with the Restricted Materials and Banned Items lists. Restricted Materials [referred to as "RM"] require specific IC challenges/missions to obtain and use within submissions.
7. Restricted Materials are no longer allowed to be added as a resource/export for new custom planets except in the case of a Staff sanctioned challenge/contest reward or with explicit permission from Staff.
8. Submissions based on canon subjects such as planets, locations, species, etc., should adhere to the theme and setting of the original canon subject in question and contain a solid intent/reasoning for submitting to Codex.
9. Earth crossovers should be avoided as part of the subject matter in Codex submissions and are grounds for edits or denial. If you are unsure what constitutes as "crossover" please ask the Codex staff for clarification.
Submission Modifications [Here]
1. All submission modifications must be posted by the same account/author of the original submission in question.
2. Submission modifications posted by members other than the original submission author MUST have explicit permission by the original submission author to make modifications. This can be provided by a post or PM by/from the original author.
3. You may only make modifications to one submission at a time, per request.
Second Chance [Here]
1. If your submission has been denied and you feel it has been done so unfairly you may request a second chance on the submission in question by posting a link to the denied submission and your case for why it should be looked into again.
2. Submissions pulled for Second Chance will be given a new Judge. You may not request a specific Judge.
3. At any time during an active original judgement a submitter may request a second chance for a different Judge if they feel they have reasonable evidence of Judge bias or unfair judgement.
4. Submissions that are denied on Second Chance are final denials and may not be submitted again.