• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Carlyle Rausgeber

Carlyle Rausgeber

The Most Admirable of Admirals.

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 1199 posts

Carlyle Rausgeber is my first character on chaos, and one whom is beloved to me. I think I write him fairly well, but that could also be the Dunning Kruger effect in action. 

After recently having dropped and found muse with Carlyle. I would like to hear any feedback you guys have for the man himself, and how I write him.

Tanomas Graf

Tanomas Graf

Galactic Empire MFIC

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 949 posts

tumblr_inline_nb5fyhxHiL1szrlq9.gif

Anyway, I think Carlyle is doing great. I threaded with him a few times back in the First Order and the writing style was good.

Carlyle Rausgeber

Dj4KGTK.gif

cj5Vd6x.pngEZUVinn.pngUHH3DJd.png

Brent Smith

Brent Smith

The Unlikely Hero

• Writers
  • 144 posts

Carlyle Rausgeber

a3f.gif

Maybe I am partial, but I like your writing style.You are easy to read, very literate and I think that you strike the nice balance between detail and simplicity. Carlyle is very human and I like reading his stuff. He is very believable and consistent without being bland or anything.I feel that he is pretty cool, and I look forward to writing with you in the future.Keep up the good work, comrade! :)

Posted Image

Connor Harrison

Connor Harrison

Unus enim tenebris

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 10675 posts
Carlyle Rausgeber Who is Carlyle; Peter Capaldi or Christoph Waltz? I prefer Waltz.

Nice to see this sort of character on Chaos, a good and keen military mind and I look forward to seeing him expand and develop even further into more dastardly territory to really make a name for himself as a "villain".

Ban27beaa.png
Armour  | Hidden Blade | Cybernetic Arm | "I'm No Hero"

William Kerkov

William Kerkov

Crispy

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 589 posts

Well, having done a good bit of time with you in the First Order, like Tanomas Graf I have a few things to say,

This character is superb. The way you write military/fleeting is interesting yet simple in the way that I don't have to look up my military jingo every paragraph. It feels like one of the Original Trilogy episode scripts for Imperial personnel, its professional, and I understand it without a bat of the eye. Your dedication to being an Imperial Naval Officer is impeccable, I thought I could do it but I far pale in comparison to your style of being the on point model of an Imperial Fleeter. 

A little note on the writer, you are one or were one when I was with the FO (Active that is) one of the, if not the, most active and helpful fleeters in our faction, whenever a dev was needed for the IFV, or any other branch, you were there posting, even if it is your third in a week. Every dominion and faction event that I can recall you were there, playing the part like a pro. You were also very fair in your writing, if you made a move that was too over the line, you made the fair concession (For instance Kaeshana) and played nicely as best you could. 

To summarize, I have nothing but good words for you the writer, and your marvelous character, and I hope you do not follow in my fallacies and keep on fleeting, even if it isn't for the FO, you are a great part of the Chaos fleeting community (In my mind at least) and it would not be the same without you. 

Good job, Carlyle Rausgeber.

Boo Chiyo

Boo Chiyo

#DarkSideCookies

• Writers
  • 1293 posts
Carlyle Rausgeber

I won't echo what's already been said, I'll just add that I've always enjoyed your prose and storytelling.

You are an excellent writer, and portray a fantastic characterization.

Zeradias Mant

Zeradias Mant

Overlord Actual

• Roleplay Judge
    • Character Bio
  • 930 posts
Carlyle Rausgeber

Any seriousness I read in his threads are quickly undermined by the silly avatars. Simple fix tho

qS6sRWU.png

jp6SZYE.png

eWLeEvc.png

Jamie Pyne

Jamie Pyne

I Knew You Were Trouble

• Roleplay Judge
    • Character Bio
  • 3927 posts

Carlyle Rausgeber

I've literally always thought his name was Carlyle Rausberger. Until like....Your last status update.

Z6RZRxz.jpg

lc9RzwU.png

Carlyle Rausgeber

Carlyle Rausgeber

The Most Admirable of Admirals.

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 1199 posts

Cheers for the feedback lads. I appreciate the commentary. I'm a personal firm believe in always reviewing your work in order to grab an idea as to how things have gone and how to improve. 

Any seriousness I read in his threads are quickly undermined by the silly avatars. Simple fix tho

To address this, Carlyle isn't a super serious character. I generally play him as either a pompous/General Melchett officer, or a Malcolm Tucker-esque savage, characters not built to be taken too seriously.

villain

>villain

You give Carlyle way too much credit. He's just middle management. 

Are there any improvements I could make to writing? Other than the one addressed.