Kuat Drive Yards

Kuat Drive Yards

Driven To Excel

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 229 posts

Relevant Tags

Cira Lily Kuhn Jamie Pyne Tefka Zeradias Mant Allyson Locke

(Codex also tagged as custom crystals may need to be submitted via Species)

Greetings, Chaos. I've been planning something for a very long time. At least a few months.... Let me check. About four. When I first asked the question, I didn't really know where to ask, so I poked Lily Kuhn Convo

Who directed me to Jamie, which was appropriate. I hadn't poked Jamie because I knew she was quite busy, as she always is. Doing awesome work! Convo

zoGcppe.png

Unfortunately, Jamie was busy and burnt out, so I paused on it for awhile. Now, there's not much more planning, I'm really about to go through with it. Let's cut to the chase.

I want to make a Company, a Subsidiary of Kuat Drive Yards called "Kuat Crystal Solutions" and I wanted to grow Custom and Star Wars Canon Crystals. This included Lightsaber-able Crystals and Stygium Crystals (Company Tier 5/6 Specialization).

Hold on! I don't mean I want to be Oprah and throw Gems at everyone! Whew. My general plan is thus...

Non-Unique/Extremely Rare Star Wars Canon Crystals: Mass-Produced
Lightsaber-able Star Wars Canon Crystals (Non-Unique/Extremely Rare): Minor Production (Possibly require a Thread)
Custom Crystals (Possibly Available as Lightsaber-able): Mass-Produced

The validity of this is already real, all it takes is the environmental conditions of the real world, and a contained ecosystem (Basically, a laboratory). But it's not Synthetic.

-----> Original Link <-----

Quick Read

Originally, with the different ruleset we had, I was planning to just be another way for people to write up threads, instead of having to make a dev thread into hostile environments. Still, this didn't mean everyone got off scott free, they would still have to write a thread with us if they wanted a crystal from KDY. It would have a price, relations matter, story matters, KDY might even refuse the order if the gem was too precious/rare/etc. Now, with no development threads, and I'm not looking to make the unique or maximum rarity crystals, it's all just story. I'm not going to submit any Star Wars canon crystals to alter them, just offer another window for them. I may make "spin-offs" meaning altered crystals, and that's something to think about. I understand some of the crystals are wild. New Non-Essential Guide to Lightsaber Crystals -> Lava Crystal is described as having a lava drip, but we don't recognize that. I agree with this.

I won't make outrageous new lightsaber crystals. Probably just different colors. Any that might be "special" (i.e. Electrical Effect - Firkrann, Creates a narrow, precise blade - Velmorite, Improved cutting power - Sigil, and so on) I will not Mass-Produce, and may even require a thread to whoever I sell it to (At Judges Discretion). Honestly, the only heavy thing I feel I will be doing, is the Stygium Crystal, which I will only grow with the Company RM Specialization. I have linked the Factory Judges, as this is under a physical identity of a lab growing crystals. I have linked Tefka, as I think but I don't know if he still comes in for super decisions, if this is super at all,Idon't know, might be. And I have tagged Codex Judges because I do want to try and grow crystals in a manner that alters the original result that may birth something new. i.e. a new crystal species.

Not Synthetic, but grown.

"These gemstones have the same physical, chemical, and optical properties as mined gems do. We don’t “make” gems. We control the environment so that crystals can grow naturally: recreating the conditions in which gems grow in the earth.

The process of growing gem crystals in a laboratory rather than mining them is a bit like making ice in your freezer instead of finding it in a lake. You place the starter material, water, in a container, and put the container into a controlled environment: your freezer. Create the right conditions of temperature and time and ice crystals will form. The freezer ice will usually be cleaner and more perfect than lake ice because you can carefully control the environment. But it’s still ice, just like the ice that forms in nature. In a way, what we do is a sophisticated high-tech version of freezing water to form ice."

Please let me know your opinions and decisions as soon as possible.

Lily Kuhn

Lily Kuhn

Empress of Teta

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 18,441 posts

Kuat Drive Yards

Cira is not a member of staff, nor a part of the factory. Please refrain from tagging people who are not involved in decision making positions here.

That out of the way..

Are you asking if you can make crystals that will be, more or less, added to a restricted list of some sort that we (the factory) would then require future submitters to utilize development threads to use in their own submissions?

Or are you asking if the concept of a company that grows crystals is fine?

I'm not really sure what, exactly, is your question - or at least, a question that requires an answer from the factory/codex.

Posted Image

Kuat Drive Yards

Kuat Drive Yards

Driven To Excel

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 229 posts
Lily Kuhn

I apologize for tagging Cira, I value everyones opinion. I know Cira does not make any decisions but she has good ideas and thoughts that have helped with decisions. If she had the time and willingness to offer feedback to my idea that may improve or simplify it for a way best fit for you guys to understand I would admire that.

As the bold text says "I want to make a Company, a Subsidiary of Kuat Drive Yards called "Kuat Crystal Solutions" and I wanted to grow Custom and Star Wars Canon Crystals. This included Lightsaber-able Crystals and Stygium Crystals (Company Tier 5/6 Specialization)."

I would like to have a company that sells custom crystals, lightsaber crystals, and stygium crystals. I don't know if my custom crystals will need to be on the Restricted Materials list, but I don't plan to make anything powerful. It's basically fluff/story.

I assume selling Lightsaber Crystals without any need to go to their location might come off as iffy.

Lily Kuhn

Lily Kuhn

Empress of Teta

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 18,441 posts

Kuat Drive Yards

A company that sells crystals is fine. The crystals themselves will be balanced through the approval process. Stygium crystals can be sold at whatever production your tier allows.

Posted Image

Kuat Drive Yards

Kuat Drive Yards

Driven To Excel

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 229 posts
Lily Kuhn

Alright, sorry about that. I guess I had my idea around the times we needed dev threads at specific locations for Lightsaber Crystals. Sorry about that, guess that's all toned down now. I'm always late to the party (realization) haha.... thanks again Lily. I'm sorry for everyone I tagged. But new crystals would be Species.... right?

Lily Kuhn

Lily Kuhn

Empress of Teta

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 18,441 posts

Kuat Drive Yards

It would be using the Materials template in the Technology section of the factory, unless they're living creatures (like a Tsil).

Posted Image

Kuat Drive Yards

Kuat Drive Yards

Driven To Excel

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 229 posts
Lily Kuhn

Ah, interesting. Thank you for your help Lily

Qaarssk Roark

Qaarssk Roark

The Scorekeeper's Follower

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 10 posts

Lily Kuhn

So I was thinking about making a canon item that would really fit along with Qaarssk's character. Basically I was planning on having a/the weapon that Qyzen Fess (who is one of the companions from SWTOR for whichever Jedi class I forget) used. The problem is that the weapons that he uses in the game are known as techblades but the problem just from going to the wookieepedia page is that there's basically no information on the makeup or what they can really do. From what I've seen/read from some places though is that they're essentially "rebranded" vibroblades/vibroswords that are only used by a few particular characters and they seem to be used in the same way as the before-mentioned vibro weapons. With that, I was just wondering if I could have the strengths/weaknesses/general elements of the techblade be the same or at least similar to those of a vibrosword?

Lily Kuhn

Lily Kuhn

Empress of Teta

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 18,441 posts

Qaarssk Roark

Yes

Posted Image

Adrian Vandiir

Adrian Vandiir

Sith Science is Best Science

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 450 posts

I've got a subsidiary with the operations "Mining and Transportation"; would it be possible for a ship/station produced by its parent company, specifically to fulfil one of those operations, to be counted as a use of company operations for the subsidiary? (It would, of course, only be used as a "use of company operations" for one of the companies.)

Lily Kuhn

Lily Kuhn

Empress of Teta

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 18,441 posts

I've got a subsidiary with the operations "Mining and Transportation"; would it be possible for a ship/station produced by its parent company, specifically to fulfil one of those operations, to be counted as a use of company operations for the subsidiary? (It would, of course, only be used as a "use of company operations" for one of the companies.)

No.

Posted Image

Zahori Denko

Zahori Denko

Athora

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 1,990 posts

Hey so the Canon Company Owner List still has Cady Arwyn as the owner for Koensayr Manufacturing. Could I get that changed to Zahori? Please and thank you!

lxMkKLY.png
rzPvjWG.gifB3VMgGH.gif

Lily Kuhn

Lily Kuhn

Empress of Teta

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 18,441 posts

Zahori Denko

Sure. Fixed.

Posted Image

Acaleus Thorn

Acaleus Thorn

CEO of Enryu Corp

• Character
  • 601 posts

Lily Kuhn 

Wanted to create a sub for a lightsaber ¿Is it viable to create a black kyber crystal? I just want it for the esthetic 

signature_by_ldarkbishopl-dakm7ek.png

Weapons & Armor: Stealth Cloak, Wrist Lightsabers Spider Gloves- Ship: AT-120 - NPC pilot: Venus Company: Enryu Corp

Lily Kuhn

Lily Kuhn

Empress of Teta

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 18,441 posts

Acaleus Thorn

I guess.

Posted Image

Zeke Farthen

Zeke Farthen

MM & MSHC CFO. Translation: Corporate Babysitter

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 272 posts

Would Semi-Unique or Limited production be more appropriate as the affiliation if we decided to use an Organization from the new Lore Section as the only affiliation? Example, I made a ship but it was only made for House Skirata 

Secondly, can we use Organizations rather than companies as Manufacturers for items that aren't necessarily sold? For example(sorry for all the Mando examples), if I had a Mandalorian who had his armor made by someone in his clan, or if that clan specifically made a particular kind of weapon?

Lily Kuhn

Lily Kuhn

Empress of Teta

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 18,441 posts

Would Semi-Unique or Limited production be more appropriate as the affiliation if we decided to use an Organization from the new Lore Section as the only affiliation? Example, I made a ship but it was only made for House Skirata

It depends on how big it is. If it's a dozen or so people, semi-unique works fine. If it's any larger than use limited. 

Secondly, can we use Organizations rather than companies as Manufacturers for items that aren't necessarily sold? For example(sorry for all the Mando examples), if I had a Mandalorian who had his armor made by someone in his clan, or if that clan specifically made a particular kind of weapon?

If the production doesn't go beyond semi unique/limited, sure. 

Posted Image

Zeke Farthen

Zeke Farthen

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 272 posts

thanks!

Zeke Farthen

Zeke Farthen

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 272 posts

For companies (especially large T5 and T6 companies) is it safe to say that the entire system of their headquarters could reasonably be under their influence? In other words, could I put a facility on some moon or uninhabited world in the system that my headquarters is in even if its not explicitly under my "Locations"?

Lily Kuhn

Lily Kuhn

Empress of Teta

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 18,441 posts

Zeke Farthen

Yes, and doing so (assuming you do so via a thread or codex sub) would be something you could add to your locations.

Posted Image