Image Source: [X]
Intent: To submit to the factory the trinket Jamie found on Vineta.
Development Thread: http://starwarsrp.ne...a-conversation/
Manufacturer: Unknown Force Artificer
Affiliation: Jamie Pyne
- [+] Able to display the state of the viewer's desired planet as it orbits around its' sun.
- [+] Able to display the state of the viewer's desired star system as it orbits around its' sun.
- [+] Capable of 'zooming' in and out to a degree.
- [-] Fragile and easily shattered if dropped from a distance of 2 meters or higher.
- [-] Can only display planets/star systems the viewer has acute information of, or has visited.
- [-] Can only zoom in to planetary level. (Cannot view any finer details of a planet other than oceans/land masses)
- [-] Viewer must be Force Sensitive.
- [-] Will not function on heavily Force suppressed worlds such as Myrkr.
Description: While visiting Vineta with Aela Talith, the two Jedi stumbled upon a rare Force Artifact shop with a number of unique trinkets within. A small glass orb caught Jamie's eye as they were viewing the items, one that had a number of interesting uses that she slowly began to unravel. Thought she never discovered where its' true whereabouts came from, as the shop keeper seemed to elude to the fact that there were collectors employed by her to supply the shop with artifacts, she did slowly, with Aela's help, learn what it was capable of.
The orb, while fragile, can display the viewer with a real time view of a planet as it orbits' its star within the galaxy, provided they have either been to the planet before, or have substantial, intimate knowledge of the planet. Failure to have sufficient information of the planet could yield mixed results, or nothing at all. Alternatively, if the planet were somehow no longer in existence, the space it occupied would no longer be present as well.
In order to utilize this, the viewer must have control of the Force. Details greater than a general overview of planetary oceans and land masses are not possible, however, if something such as a planetary blockade, or an invasion force were present in orbit of the planet being viewed, that would be displayed, provided the other requirements had been met.
While the artifact can be used to view the current state of worlds that are not heavily suppressed or dead to the Force, a Force user that has mastered the art of Farsight or similar mentalism ability might sense eyes of an entity watching from elsewhere else in the galaxy. However, without explicit knowledge of the viewer, or the orb itself, further knowledge would be impossible to determine.
Primary Source: N/A