OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: To flesh out one of the Helix Syndicate's higher profile mercenaries.
- Image Credit: Mandallian Giant from Wookiepedia
- Role: A mercenary commonly employed by the Helix Syndicate.
- Links: N/A
- Age: 43
- Force Sensitivity: Non-Force User
- Species: Mandallian Giant
- Appearance: Rahgot stands at around three point six meters tall and is about as muscular as one can expect a Mandallian Giant to be. There is a chunk missing from his right, finned ear and much of his body, face included, is adorned with the scars of well-fought battles. One of the fangs that usually protrude from a Mandallian's mouth, the one on the left, is broken off about halfway down.
- Name: Rahgot
- Loyalties: Helix Syndicate
- Wealth: Comfortable for a mercenary
- Notable Possessions: N/A
- Skills: Rahgot has thus far proven himself a capable leader, particularly where it concerns inspiring loyalty and training soldiers. He also oversees the debt collection operations of the Syndicate, a role in which he has so far excelled. Perhaps more immediately obvious than this is that he is a skilled fighter, honed from years as a gladiator.
- Personality: Rahgot, first and foremost, is a warrior who seeks glory on the battlefield. When you are of his size and strength, worthy adversaries are hard to come by, so he considers it his personal goal in life to find someone worth fighting. Despite his appearance and love of battle, Rahgot is one of the more well-mannered and friendly of the Syndicate’s named mercenaries.
- Combat Function: Melee. Rahgot is a slow moving monster of a brawler. Easy to outrun, easy to outflank, but he doesn't need to hit you more than once for you to go down permanently. There is great strength and endurance in an adult Mandallian, moreso in one that has been fighting his whole life. Rahgot can tank the pain, then dish it back out three times as hard.
- Weapons of Choice: Fists, Knuckle-Weapons, Power Gauntlets, etc.
Shortly after his birth, Rahgot was abducted from his home world and sold into slavery. Mandallians get more and more difficult to subdue and kidnap as they grow older, so it is no wonder Rahgot had to be stolen essentially straight from his cradle. Rahgot spent many years being sold back and forth between slavers, hoping to raise him into a formidable warrior. Many of them ended up selling him to someone else when they found out just how much a Mandallian needs to eat in order to grow healthy and strong.
Rahgot found this lack of dedication and foresight, quite frankly, disgusting. A decent slaver would have tried to condition Rahgot from the get-go to prevent any outbursts or sedition from him. But being bounced back and forth between so many different owners made it difficult for such conditioning to ever take hold. Rahgot learned to be quiet around his masters, observing them closely when they thought he was otherwise incapable of doing so. It was through this he began to learn the logistics and methods of the slave trade from a variety of sources.
Eventually, however, he was big enough to start fighting. And that’s what he did. Rahgot found his way to his final master and was forced to compete in all matter of bloodsport. Rahgot’s gladiator tours took him all throughout wildspace, from the arena of Geonosis to the illegal fighting pits of Kessel. Through sheer size and strength, through cunning and discipline, Rahgot throttled anyone set up against him. It is said he once beat a Rancor to death, though Rahgot himself cannot remember. There were wins and losses, as with any gladiator, but it was the recurring deluge of wins that brought him a famous reputation in certain circles.
Despite this success, the slaver who owned Rahgot was in a dire financial strait. He should have had plenty of money, Rahgot noted, but he kept gambling it away. The slaver built up a massive amount of debt, and eventually that debt was acquired by the Helix Syndicate. After a visit from the Syndicate’s Enforcers, the slaver started to pay his debts more regularly… But like any undisciplined fool, it was not to last. He lapsed for several months.
The Syndicate came to collect.
When the money dries up, the Syndicate went for assets. Speeders, houses, whatever. But what they wanted from the slaver was Rahgot. The slaver agreed to give up Rahgot if his debt would be wiped clean, but by then his debts were too great. The Syndicate was going to take Rahgot and the slaver would spend the rest of his life in a debtor mine. Annoyed watching these people haggle over him over such foolish antics, Rahgot waited until the slaver handed over control of Rahgot’s slave collar. Then he punched the slaver in the face.
Normally this would have been only a minor display of defiance. But since this was Rahgot doing the punching, the slaver’s face caved in and his neck broke. The results were understandably fatal.
Thoroughly amused, the head of the Syndicate at the time decided to give Rahgot his freedom and a salaried position within the Helix Syndicate. Not having anywhere else to go or a marketable skill set outside of a pit fighter, Rahgot decided to accept that offer.
He continues to serve the Helix Syndicate to this day.
Edited by Helix Syndicate, Yesterday, 05:40 PM.