Image Source: Here
Affiliation: Jorus Merrill
Manufacturer: Starcrest, heavily modified by Jorus Merrill
Model: Modified Star Voyager Freighter
Material: Reinforced durasteel hull, transparisteel viewports
Classification: Medium freighter, mobile miniature refit yard
- 2 dual heavy ion cannon turrets
- 2 flex-tube warhead launchers
- 2 heavy Connor net launchers
- 10 point-defense autoblasters
- Reinforced hull
- Military-grade deflector shield generators
Hangar: Refuel, repair, and modification capability for 1-4 shuttles, light freighters, or starfighters.
- Comprehensive small ship modification facilities
- Salvage gear (tractor/pressor beams, cutting torches, worksuits, salvage-optimized scanners)
- Asteroid mining and processing gear (mining torches, onboard refinery and reconfigurable fabricator)
- Tractor shroud
Maneuverability Rating: 10
Speed Rating: 6
Hyperdrive Class: 0.6
- Quick in realspace and hyperspace
- Tough shields and hull
- Mobile outlaw tech base, capable of turning wreckage and raw materials into ship modifications
- Light armament, less than half of the original loadout
- Sluggish maneuverability
Description: The Wretched Hive is a hybrid miner/salvager/fabricator vessel, heavily modified from its original configuration. Effectively, it’s Jorus Merrill’s mobile home and base of operations, crewed by trusted outlaw techs who hailed from Dingo Darr’s Chop Shop on Ord Mantell, during the collapse of the Mandalorian regime. Darr himself, an old Krevaaki Undergrounder, runs the Hive when Jorus and Alna aren’t around. The Hive is no raider, but it serves his purposes well enough. Its holds and hangars can carry ore, salvage, or even other starships.
The Hive has been known to provide repair and modification services for ships from the Underground, the mapping nonprofit Baobab Astrography, and various unaffiliated spacers. Occasional ports of call may include Kal’Shebbol, Nar Shaddaa, Ord Mantell, Rebellion Actual, the Kathol Technical Academy, the old Levantine worlds, Tatooine, and various Wild Space shadowports.
Development Thread: Mama I’m Coming Home - Jorus and Alna visit a shadowport in search of starship components.
Intent: A new and more versatile ship for Jorus, now that the Gypsymoth has been destroyed.
Who Can Use This: Jorus and Alna Merrill; Underground people can use it as a setting
Primary Source: None