Here are the general rules and guidelines for Companies.
New Company Creation
All new company submissions must be tagged with their respective Tier Level in Topic Tags. The description of your company must be at least a paragraph in length.
1. All new companies and canon companies begin at a max of Tier 2.*
2. A Tier 1 company may begin with a max of two locations and operations.
3. A Tier 2 company may begin with a max of three locations and operations.
4. A company may start owning subsidiaries at Tier 3. A company may have up to a reasonable amount of subsidiaries for their company respective to their tier level.
*Tier 5+ may create a subsidiary at Tier 3.
Canon Company Information
Due to the timeline, it is assumed most canon companies went south with the declining population of the Galaxy. However, it is the writer's choice in whether or not he wishes to further the future of a Canon Company. In order to properly adopt a canon company, please follow the below rules.
To claim a Canon Company, create your Company submission as per the Company Creation Rules. Ensure you add in the appropriate fields that it is a canon company and link the Wookeepedia page. Please post an announcement in bold at the bottom. "This is a canon company."
Canon Company Guidelines and Rules
1. A writer may only own one Canon Company.
2. Your Canon Company may not own other Canon Companies as subsidiaries unless they are directly referenced in the Wookieepedia as being owned by that Canon Company and each Canon Company Subsidiary must have another character not owned by you labeled as it's CEO/Director and must have their own Company submission.
3. If an active owner of a Canon Company wishes to transfer ownership to another writer who does not currently own a canon company, they must provide evidence of the transfer by the original owner. The new owner must create a new submission of their own for the same Company name. A factory judge presiding will alert a Roleplay Judge, who will then attempt to contact the current active owner. If the Roleplay judge confirms the transfer, Role-play Judge will then alert an Administrator who will then transfer ownership of the canon company and current tier level to the new Canon Company Owner, along with any edits made. The old submission will then be archived.
5. If a Canon Company Owner is absent for more than 30 days, any writer who does not already own a canon company may contest your claim by creating a submission of their own for the same Company name. The Factory Judge presiding will alert a Role-play Judge, who will then attempt to contact the previous Canon Company Owner. If the Role-play Judge fails to contact the previous Canon Company Owner within 72 hours and determines the Canon Company Owner inactive, the Role-play Judge will then alert an Administrator who will then transfer ownership of the canon company along with one level tier drop (may not fall under Tier 3) to the new Canon Company Owner, along with any edits made. The old submission will then be archived.
6. If a canon company owner has been contacted previously with a contesting canon company claim, upon the second inquiry the owner must show themselves to be active in order to keep the canon company. Activity can be demonstrated with a substantial RP thread or 3+ Factory submissions which took place within the 60 days prior to the second inquiry.Activity after the second inquiry will not be taken into consideration.
7. If a writer had their canon company taken away due to inactivity, the writer may create a new original company submission requesting the tier level from their previous canon company submission. In the new submission, please link the archived canon company submission showing all your work and the Tier Level gained. A factory judge presiding will alert a Factory Roleplay Judge, who will then review and confirm the work from the archived canon company submission and the Tier level addendum. Once verified by the RPJ, the new company submission will be approved at the previously worked for canon company tier level along with any edits made.
List of Player Owned Canon Companies
Once you have submitted your canon company and it has been approved, a Role-play Judge or Administrator will add it to this list.
Please click the link below to take you to the current list of Canon Owned Companies
Company Expansion and Growing in Tier
Company Index by Tier Level
- You may not advance more than one Tier in a single request. Threads already used for advancement from one tier to the next or made during a previous tier will not count towards a new tier advancement. If your expansion is one lengthy consistent thread, you must specifically provide the applicable unused posts that pertain to that tier up.
- Each linked thread may only be used to fulfill one of the sub-requirements for each tier level. ( IE: No double-dipping the same thread to fulfill a major project and a contract.)
- Every additional new Location & Operation or Headquarters change requested through the Company Modification Thread will require proof of expansion.
- Each expansion in Tier level will require Passive and Active Expansion Thread Objectives. These threads involve providing your company's specialty products or services. Examples are below and not all encompassing.
Passive Company Expansion Objectives
- Attend or host an economic summit
- Defend your company, another company, or a faction from a hostile attack
- Invest in another company or faction
- Train your company's personnel
- Draw up or steal schematics for a new product
- Draw up deals with another corporation or faction
- Provide philanthropic donations, fundraising, or contributions
- Make three mass-produced products in the Factory. (For Tier 2+ and equals to one passive company expansion)
- Make three company operations specific submissions in the Codex. (For Tier 2+ and equals to one passive company expansion)
Active Company Expansion Objectives
- Establish another operation for your company
- Establish a sphere of influence on a planet or in a sector
- Establish or help establish a colony
- Establish or help establish a new location
- Participate in a planet's colonization
- Recruit personnel into your company
- Secure investors for your company
- Train another company or faction's personnel
- Each Expansion to Tier 4 and up will require a Major Project.
The definition of a 'Major Project' is to create, produce, or service something that would have a sizable impact on the growth of your company. If said project sways the outcome of something during a galactic event or on a grand scale, more kudos to you. The production, possession or the service of the project must be the thread or threads major focal point. Projects may be done in a single thread or a series of threads. Only the posts in Dominions and invasions that pertain to the actual project will count for the major project.
- Expansion to Tier 5 and up will require a sponsorship.
Sponsorship is essentially when a sufficiently large major faction or a Tier 6 Company decides to back your company's endeavors specifically. This can either be by them giving you a large, direct annual subsidy, signing a long-term contract, and other things that would tie the government of that faction or that conglomerate and your company close together. This may also be supplemented by a substantial expansion of your company in another way.
Company Tier Unlocks
Below are Tier Level Company unlocks
Tier Upgrade Templates
Use the following template for your Tier Up requests. Simply select the Tier Up template in the spoiler below for the level you desire and fill in the requirements therein. You may post your tier upgrade modification in this link.
Tier Up Templates
BACK TO TOP