OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: To create a powerful flagship for the Tier 6 company Firemane Industries & Technologies. This ship is extremely powerful, but balanced by other weaknesses which make it very strong but hardly invincible.
- Image Source: Here. Artist unknown.
- Canon Link: N/A
- Restricted Missions: N/A
- Primary Source: N/A
- Manufacturer: Firemane Industries & Technology
- Model: FM-SD4a
- Affiliation: Firemane Only. Writers must obtain permission to use this.
- Production: Unique
- Material: Standard ship components.
- Classification: Command Ship
- Length: 1800m
- Width: 1100m
- Height: 350m
- Armament: Extreme (1300CG, 40HWD, 100DG)
- 2 x Hellbore Cannons (240 capital gun equivalent)(20 degree arc forward - ship can reorientate up to 90 degrees to fire.)
- 4 x dual Harbinger Emplacements (2 x ion, 2 x turbolaser)(512 CG)(270 degree arc forward)
- 5 x long range heavy ion cannon batteries (160 CG)(270 degree arc forward)
- 5 x long range heavy turbolaser batteries (160 CG)(270 degree arc forward)
- 12 x dual turbolaser batteries (96CG)(270 degree arc forward)
- 6 x dual ion cannon batteries (48CG)(270 degree arc forward)
- 15 x turbolaser batteries (60CG)(360 degree arc)
- 6 x ion cannon batteries (24CG)(360 degree arc)
- 8 x quad heavy warhead launchers (40HWD)(270 degree arc forward)
- 40 x point defence (40DG)
- 50 x quad lasers (50DG)
- 10 x flak cannons (10DG)
- Defenses: Very High,
- Aegis Molecular Shielding
- Double redundant shield generators.
- Reinforced armour
- Ablative plating
- Strong E-War protection
- Boarding defences such as heavy blast doors, ray shields and decompression traps
- Hangar: Very Low: 2 fighter or interceptor squadrons only.
- Manoeuvrability Rating: Average
- Speed Rating:, Low,
- Hyperdrive Class: 1
- Aegis Molecular Shielding.
- Hellbore Cannon. Acquired here . Firing this cannon temporarily reduces the speed and Manoeuvrability to ‘Very Low’ and ‘Low’ respectively.
- Colossus Reactor. This ship has two; one for the Aegis Shields, and one for the Hellbores.
- Features boarding defences such as heavy blast doors, ray shields and decompression traps. The ship also has several thousand marines.
- Bombardment. Like its namesake, the Karishzar excels in long range, devastating bombardments. With a ferocious array of weapons it can pound an enemy, specialising in enemy cruisers and larger.
- Ironclad. The Karishzar is no glass cannon; it is extremely well protected with a molecular shield, heavy plating and e-war defences.
- Steady. Though a little slower than regular ships of its class, the ship is designed to be (reasonably) agile, and most of its guns can cover a 270 degree arc to keep pounding an enemy.
- Targeting. Ships smaller than a cruiser are almost impossible for the Harbinger and certainly the Hellbore to target, as well as the heavy batteries. At close range only the regular guns can hit such ships.
- Escorts. Tying into the above, with only 2 squadrons and with limited defence guns for such a big ship, the Karishzar needs escorting not just from sub-cruiser ships but from attack craft too.
- Power Drain. Using the Hellbore Cannons makes the ship even slower and less agile.
The Karishzar is a ship which had been in production for several years. The word means ‘Destroyer’ in the Xioquo language, a title conferred on Siobhan Kerrigan for her devastating campaign against the Underealm.
In many ways the ship is a representation of Siobhan herself. It balances an almost apocalyptic long-range offensive with a strong defence, but lacks the speed and agility of others.
The key weapon systems of this ship, and which account for well over its gun count, are the Hellbores and Harbingers. Both of these are devastating long-range weapon systems, especially adept at hurting large enemy ships.
For defence, the Aegis Molecular Shields from the Barsen’Thor have been recreated along with extremely heavy armour and conventional shields. Ablative plating at key points is supposed to absorb enemy fire and break away, leaving the hull beneath still undamaged.
With so much energy and space devoted to weapons, only two squadrons can be housed in rearward hangers. This, combined with a low ration of defence guns to size means the ship needs escorting from smaller ships and attack craft.
The ship features extensive accommodation, armouries and barracks. It is home to roughly 25,000 crew and several thousand soldiers.
Overall the Karishzar is a formidable bombardment ship, brilliant at hammering the enemy at long-range. However, it struggles somewhat at closer ranges especially from small escorts and attack craft. This it must be carefully protected from such threats.
Edited by Valiens Nantaris, 11 April 2017 - 03:12 PM.