OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: To create a rare line of frontier space colonies for use by the ORC as staging points.
- Image Source: Star Trek Beyond
- Canon Link: /
- Primary Source: /
- Manufacturer: SoroSuub Corporation
- Model: Starfort-class Space Colony series
- Affiliation: Outer Rim Coalition
- Production: Semi-Unique
- Material: Durasteel, Plasteel, Solarium Glasteel, Doonium Reinforcements
- Classification: Space Colony
- Length: 10000 meters
- Width: 10000 meters
- Height: 10000 meters
- Armament: None
- Defenses: Extreme
- Doonium Reinforced Plating
- Redundant Deflector Shield Generators
- Point Defense Laser System
- Hangar: Docking Bays of multiple varieties for ships of all classes.
- Maneuverability Rating: Very Low
- Speed Rating: Very Low
- Hyperdrive Class: Very Slow: 10
- Escape Pods
- Exterior Docking Rings
- Long-range Communications Array
- Holonet Transceiver
- Standard Detention Cells
- Standard Entertainment Systems
- Standard Life Support Systems
- Standard Navigational Systems
- Enhanced Sensor Array
- Standard Targeting Array
- Tractor Beams (x250)
- Bastion: Significantly more durable and defensible than the average civilian station, Starforts are designed to hold out against pirate raids.
- Outpost Colony: Efficient recycling systems and expanded supply storage for indefinite deep space operations.
- Anchored: Extremely limited movement, the Starfort cannot stray far from its orbital body without assistance.
- Sensor Bloom: The station couldn't hide itself if it tried. Its reactors are too powerful, and the sheer amount of daily comm traffic is enough to pinpoint its location from 12 parsecs.
Originally conceived as a military project for the Galactic Alliance, the Starfort Project was repurposed by SoroSuub for civilian use. Part space colony, part militia outpost, Coalition Starforts are the means by which search and rescue operations are coordinated throughout the outer reaches. With direct links both to the Foundation and Arbiter Station, each Fort is a point of light surrounded by empty void. There is a strong Peacekeeper Militia presence on board, Starforts are some of the most well patrolled locations in Coalition space.
Mostly dedicated regional commerce hubs, each station is also equipped with state of the art medical and scientific suites, making them very popular staging centers both for explorers and local mercenaries. A rotating superstructure with multiple gravity zones allows each colony to maximize its interior surface area, the result is a sprawling urban labyrinth that seems always to double back on itself like a snake eating its own tail.
- Fort Dawn - Gateway to the Alliance Remnant. The oldest starfort in operation, Fort Dawn orbits a gas giant in an empty system a few lightyears from Elrood.
- Fort Dusk - Gateway to the Occupation Zone. Not far from Terminus, Fort Dusk is just outside the border of old First Order space. There is an aura of vigilance that surrounds the station.
- Fort Twilight - Gateway to the Independent Systems. Between Drexel and the Confederacy's border, Fort Twilight is the closest Coalition facility to Geonosis.
- Fort Midnight - Gateway to Wild Space. Deepest colony on record, Midnight is not far from the Castilon system out in the unclaimed savage reaches. Midnight is subject to near constant pirate attack.
- Fort Aurora - Gateway to the Spiral Arm. A few hours through hyperspace from Akarui, Aurora is a frontier outpost and the youngest colony in the Starfort program.
Edited by Miel Tevv, 17 June 2019 - 08:00 AM.