OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: [State why you are making this submission.]
- Image Credit: How to properly source your images
- Canon: [Is this a canon location? If yes, please link to the original location wiki here, if no simply put N/A.]
- Links: [Provide links to any relevant threads, characters, companies, locations, equipment, etc here.]
- Shipyards Name: SoroSuub Staryards
- Classification: Orbital Ring Yards
- Location: Sullust
- Affiliation: SoroSuub Corporation
- Population: Heavily Staffed
- Accessibility: Not quite as infamous as the shipyards over worlds like Kuat or Dac, Sullust is a bustling trade world convenient to a crossroads of Outer Rim hyperlanes. The most distinct orbital feature on approach, large sections of the commercial quarter are open both to Sullustan citizens and visitors from afar, so long as they are willing to submit to a cursory Home Guard inspection upon landing.
- Description: Not so long ago the Staryards were in pristine condition operating at maximum efficiency, but since the Fall large stretches of the orbital ring have gone dark for lack of resources. Heavily damaged during a Mandalorian raid on the homeworld in reprisal for the Alliance's actions on Myrkr, reconstruction is slowly ongoing but many large breaches are visible from space, crowded with industrial tugs and repair drones.
- Production: Starfighters, Capital Ships and Vehicles
- Power Systems - SoroSuub is best known for its mineral processing and energy mining operations. Consequently, most Sullustan designs tend to push the limits of starship reactors and energy distribution systems.
- Luxury Craft - Competitive across a wide range of markets, by far their most successful products have been their X-series landspeeders and Luxury-series star yachts. These models are known to be sleek yet reliable, balancing high quality craftsmanship with no nonsense designs.
- System Patrol Vessels - A former GA contractor, SoroSuub is now marketing its military grade tech towards private security and allied states of the Sullustan Council.
- Output: While the average quality of SoroSuub products tends to be quite high, they are more known as a mass producer than for their artisan work. There are a few exceptions, such as the megacorp's line of luxury star yachts, but for the most part they manufacture reliable if unextraordinary vessels at scale.
- Market: Formerly one of the primary manufacturing arms of a now dissolved Galactic Alliance, this loss of key military contracts has severely impacted the megacorp's bottom line, but a strong line of commercial products has staved off financial ruin.
Officially, SoroSuub has renounced all partisan interests, offering their services throughout the Trailing Sectors to just about anyone. It is widely suspected however that loyalists among its Executive Board have been siphoning off resources deep into the Outer Rim where what remains of the exiled Alliance government operating in secret.
The Sullust system is heavily patrolled by Home Guard forces, and additional Guardsmen are posted to the station itself along with SoroSuub Security in order to protect the key national interest these shipyards represent. An extremely durable deflector shield generator was donated for use by their Mon Calamari partners in more peaceful times, but although there are scattered point defense emplacements and concussion missile tubes the Staryards have little in the way of offensive arsenal.
The commercial quarter is also largely open to the public, and while something like a troop transport would be picked up on right away, it is entirely possible for those who know what they're doing to smuggle weapons onboard and past the Home Guard inspection team.
POINTS OF INTEREST
Sullust Control - A smaller stretch of ring is reserved for station oversight. Some of this section is reserved for use by Sullust Control, an agency responsible for monitoring all space traffic in system. Coordinating with surface installations just outside each major spaceport, Control techs are employed directly by the state and make up the only non-SoroSuub personnel assigned to the Staryards aside from Home Guardsmen.
Residential Quarter - A large stretch of interior ring devoted entirely to lodging and accommodations for critical station personnel. Many crew members commute to and from the surface each day, requiring the installation of employees only hangar bays in this section so as not to inconvenience commercial traffic during shift changes.
Commercial Quarter - The Staryards' consumer facing apparatus takes up more than enough space to qualify for its own section. Large civilian hangars for arrival and departure flights move a steady stream of foot traffic throughout this quarter every day.
Its purpose is not simply to provide a means of accessing a customer's drydock, but also serves as a miniature company sponsored bazaar in its own right. Droid workshops, swoop and speeder showrooms, it even features a modest museum on SoroSuub itself and the megacorp's long and storied history.
Industrial Quarter -
[Please include at least one paragraph on the location's history. Include who created it and why. Who supports this shipyards now? What purpose did/does it serve? For older locations you can include historical events such as the Gulag Plague, the 400 years of darkness, and the Netherworld event where appropriate.]
Edited by Zark, 05 August 2018 - 12:52 PM.