163 replies to this topic

Choli Vyn

Choli Vyn

Lieutenant Commander

• Character

• Character Bio
  • 1314 posts
Trextan Voidstalker

“Oh,” so he hadn't? Why did that make her feel better? Stop being silly, the Rogue told herself. So there isn't anyone that close to him now? At least in training. Would he want to though? So many questions ran through her head that it took a bit to see where the Jedi was going at. The missing month in her memory.

Choli gave a little frown, watching Trextan slowly speak, his expression fading the grin he once had to a more darker expression. This one was more familiar; broody, contemplative, and perturbed.

There was a restlessness that grew over Choli. Talking about it bothered her; well, no, it angered her and frustrated her because it was a month of her life she had a total lack of recollection. The unknown was a terrible demon of the mind, twisting and clawing at potential what ifs. Choli would have worked through it better if she had an idea. Yet with nothing it meant it would forever be at the edge of her mind.

The ever growing waning light as dusk fell would perhaps hide it, but Choli’s eyes began to change hue from their amused jade green to the gold flecked bronze of mild anxiety.

“I don’t know-- maybe.” She managed out, turning her face so that her profile would be to him, her attention drifting out towards the setting twin suns as if to avoid the conversation. It was still pretty raw. A sensation that brought tumultuous thoughts until she felt the warmth of a larger hand encapsulate her own. They were not the weathered rough hands she’d noticed of his uncle, nor the slender, pale lengthy ones of Captain Janes. Glancing back as if mildly surprised, Choli locked her gaze upon Trextan for a moment. He certainly enjoyed holdings hands quite a bit. It was odd, a little strange, needy perhaps. The young woman hadn't really grown up in a place where there was much physical contact.

However, as awkward as it might seem, Choli didnt mind it. At least, in the sense she managed to get just from Trextan’s expression. He meant well.

“It is what it is.” She finally said, taking a deep breath. It would still trouble her, but what else could she do? Focusing on it more would only drive her mad.

Swallowing hard, her throat gave a bob, fingers curling slightly against Trextan's hand. It was warm, not clammy this time around. That made her mouth twitch.

“How is your arm handling?” Cutting the subject towards his cybernetic was a safer topic.

Trextan Voidstalker

Trextan Voidstalker
  • Character

• Character Bio
  • 801 posts
Choli Vyn

He silently thanked Choli for moving the subject on. At the same time he managed to berate himself for even raising the subject. What an unfathomably stupid thing to do. It still hurt her. That was obvious. He hadn't made her smile then by asking questions and putting forward theories. But she had smiled, in the end. And she'd looked at him very differently on that last day. He wished he could reply that memory in perfect clarity. His mouth started moving again before his brain could intercept it.

“I wish I'd been closer then and helped. I couldn't have been far.” he said ignoring the question. Why had the Force led him to the Scarred and not Choli he wondered. “And I wish I'd been on Mustafar too. And I know that's a little silly. Because I can't be and… Force knows you're better at handling yourself than I am. But still…”

He trailed off as he held her gaze. That was one of the most honest things - and about the most words in a row - he'd said in a long time. No intention behind them. They weren't an instruction or an attempt to provoke a reaction. They had just words he wanted to speak to express himself. Her question on bonds had made him think. He had few friends and Kellan was starting to make him realise that he had sorely missed having close family. There were few close friends. Rebel perhaps, maybe Taheera. He often thought that perhaps he just wasn't an easily likable person.

Choli - the stubborn pilot who'd spent their first hours ordering him around and the next few days flinging blunt insults - saw through him. There was no hiding there. For a few days everything had been remarkably normal. She'd kissed him on the cheek in thanks and everything had shifted off kilter just a little bit.

He almost lost himself in the slowly shifting hues of her eyes.

“But the arm…” he said suddenly. “Once this idiot stopped fighting it turned out it worked just fine... but you knew that. Most of the time don't realise it isn't my own.” He tilted his head from side to side. With a final rub of her fingers he took his left from hers and swapped it for his right. Browse furrows in concentration as he mirrored the last touch. “Sometimes it's obvious though.” He smiled again and have a subtle shrug, as if he hadn't just made the most ridiculous confession.

Choli Vyn

Choli Vyn

Lieutenant Commander

• Character

• Character Bio
  • 1314 posts

Trextan Voidstalker

If there was ever a time to feel lost, that was it. Well, okay, not lost as much as a bit overwhelmed and unsure of exactly what to say.  How was he able to simply say that all so easy when she was struggling to juggle all the advice given to her by Janes, Lucy, and Chloe.  It didn’t help that R4 had been ribbing on her as well, joining the fray every now and then to remind her about how the squadron had taken to teasing her.  

Of course, the Pebbledrone in question was more than amused at this.  He even gave a little wiggle as if gearing up to give a low whistle or hoot.

Choli’s eyes swam in a shift of hues from the bronze of confusion, to the gold flecked of abashed curiosity, and settling in a gray green awkwardness that had her stare at Trextan a bit oddly,  unsure of what to say. The heat on her cheeks grew warmer.  He'd summed up that he had wanted to be there to help but also complimented that she could take care of herself.  Now, what do I do?

Janes would have offered advice to just kiss the guy.  Sometimes men talk too much Choli. Just shut them up by kissing them, it is easier!  The thought, however, still made her belly feel a bit unsettled. It was new territory for her, certainly, she hadn’t grown up in quite the same laissez faire environment Asmus had.  Not to mention being awkwardly aware of R4 would squash any of that.  

Salvation came in the form of a blond head poking in.  It was Trextan's uncle, a bit apologetic but with his easy, weathered smile.  He felt, more than saw the tension between the teens and he internally gave a wince.  Ah, bad timing.

Trextan Voidstalker

Trextan Voidstalker
  • Character

• Character Bio
  • 801 posts
Choli Vyn

Two sets of eyes watched Choli carefully. More accurately one set of eyes and an ocular sensor. Trextan's gaze flicked briefly to the droid when it gave a little wiggle. R4 was her friend and companion, but it was starting to feel like he was observing them a little too closely.

She didn't say anything. That left Trextan feeling increasingly anxious. I've said too much, he chastised himself. Just blurting out questions and confessions like an idiot. The fingers of his right hand did a little dance. It wasn't a habit, just a little exercise they had taught him to get used to the hand, but apparently it has surfaced to distract his mind.

His mind could go to dark places quickly. He started to imagine that Choli had been planning to break the news that she didn't want to explore how they might feel about each other - as they had agreed to do in some manner back at the hospital. Then he noticed her eyes. Shifting so quickly between hues he couldn't recognise the emotions behind them.

Despite the emotions he felt himself he forced himself to stay silent and let her own mind settle.

Kellan saw two sets of eyes turn towards him sharply. Noticeable was that the droid was instead shifting its gaze back and forth between the teenagers. His smile remained, but seemed slightly frozen in place. Kellan was about to quietly excuse himself as quickly as possible when the droid hooted something impatiently at Choli.

Teenagers often though that they were unique individuals with their own problems. That adults could never truly understand them. Kellan was no expert on their species, but he knew enough of them. His question about the rooms had been enough to reveal something of the dynamic between his nephew and his guide. And the role the droid seemed to have decided to play.

“Another couple of beers?” He asked. “Just let me know when you want food, just a little shorthanded tonight.” He saw the reaction that elicited. Both would probably jump to help out for his hospitality. Good kids.

“Actually need someone totting up the bills and ferrying some messages between front and the kitchen. Good job for an astromech.” Kellan gave an awfully innocent smile.