Date to begin: 19th May 2017
Location: Hoth Hex
Parties Involved: Galactic Alliance (Offensive) vs. First Order (Defensive)
Duration: 21 Days. If both Factions agree it can be halted at 14 days or extended to 28 days.
As the staging point of the First Order incursion into Alliance space as well as the primary source for unrefined tibanna gas in the Galaxy, literally fueling the First Order’s mighty war machine the Anoat sector represents a key target for the Alliance. Even well defended, Alliance High Command has recognized the grand opportunity to strike a critically fatal blow to their foes and sever the direct connection to vast swathes of this vital resources and cut the supply route of the First Order into their recent conquests.
- 4 Characters permitted per Writer
- Ground engagements:
- An actual post will be required to affect the transition between space and ground (Landing) for the attacking side. Landing craft, shuttles not engaging enemy ships etc. not considered part of main space forces.
- Forces may move between systems and ground engagement zones within the thread but should leave a reasonable travel time provided
- NPC’s will be used only as background noise and must be described in the immediate vicinity of the PC and not elsewhere. Killing NPCs is permitted as flavour kills, but the opposing side is not to write vast incompetence of the enemy’s soldiers, nor slaughter them wholesale. Please keep it within reason.
- Main engagement zones are defined below. Anyone entering these zones must be willing to engage with the other side to attack/defend the sector through any means they see fit. These zones are the main focus of the Invasion.
- Exception: nobody can sink Cloud City or Tibannopolis (keep collateral damage to canon locations to a minimum)
- No neutral parties are permitted and Allies must clearly label their posts with which Faction they represent.
- Space Battle
- Each Player Character may captain a single capital ship.
- 6km total per side in addition to this for NPC capital ships
- It’s assumed other vessels exist in the background of the engagement but don’t take part in the PC-led space battles.
Main Engagement Zones
Outpost Veers (Echo Base)
Once, the world of Hoth was home to the victorious Rebels of the Alliance to Restore the Republic, who held onto the lingering echoes of hope until the Galactic Empire - who had scattered them to the winds after their defeat at the Battle of Yavin - had found their secret base and swept aside any resistance. Now, Eight hundred and some years after that resounding Imperial Victory, the tables had turned. The First Order have built a large installation on the site of Echo Base and the Alliance must deploy forces to remove their key military presence from the system.
Having been ,able to identify a First Order Fleet Command station orbiting the world of Anoat, through the scans bequeathed to them by their allies in the Underground, the Alliance has sent a force into this sector to sever the head of the serpent. Alliance forces attempt to disable or commandeer the station whilst First Order attempts to defend it.
As the primary source for unrefined tibanna gas in the Galaxy, the gaseous world of Bespin acts as one of the key worlds within the Imperial’s sphere of influence. Alliance forces attempt to land on, and take Cloud City from the First Order
- Calrisian Plaza - Resting on the highest level of Cloud City, Calrissian Plaza is a scenic city square overlooking the rest of the landscape for the residents of Bespin to enjoy.
- Hilikan Incineration Plant - A large structure employing hundreds of labourers, the Plant is made up of multiple floors which specialise in the break down and recycling of specific parts of the various droids, machinery, transports and starships sent there.
Ison Trade Corridor (Indellian Gateway.)
Though the Ison Corridor was a relatively small hyperspace route that branched off the Corellian Trade Spine, it housed one of the greatest sources of Tibanna Gas in the Galaxy, making whoever controlled this sector of space astronomically wealthy. The First Order have used a nebula as the stage to halt the Alliance advance into the sector.