Vindicta Class Star Destroyer
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: To create a new Star Destroyer for Firemane to sell to customers and to use for their own corporate fleet. This ship takes very much a balanced path, aiming to do a variety of tasks.
- Image Source: Here. Created by ‘Vince T’ on Deviant Art.
- Canon Link: N/A
- Restricted Missions: N/A
- Primary Source: N/A
- Manufacturer: Firemane Industries and Technology
- Model: FM-VN001a
- Affiliation: Closed Market.
- Production: Limited
- Material: Standard ship components.
- Classification: Ship of the Line
- Length: 1600m
- Width: 800m at max, usually 5-600m.
- Height: 500m
- Armament: Moderate, (752CG/50WH/10HWD/50DG)(10 heavy warheads traded for 50 regular)
- 1 x dual turbolaser Harbinger Emplacement (128CG)(360 degree fire arc)(Mounted on rear keel)
- 4 x single Harbinger Emplacements (2 turbo, 2 ion)(264CG)(270 degree fire arc)(Mounted centre top)
- 10 x heavy turbolaser batteries (80CG) (270 degree fire arc)
- 5 x heavy ion batteries (40CG) (270 degree fire arc)
- 48 x fast mount turbolasers (48CG) (360 degree fire arc)
- 6 x quad turbolaser batteries (96CG) (270 degree fire arc)
- 4 x quad ion batteries (64CG) (270 degree fire arc)
- 4 x hypervelocity cannons (40CG)(spinal mount)(45 degree arc forward)
- 12 x quad anti-starfighter warhead launchers (48WH)(360 degree fire arc)
- 10 x heavy warhead launchers (10HWD)(270 degree fire arc)
- 10 x flak guns (10DG) (360 degree fire arc)
- 20 x point defence (20DG) (360 degree fire arc)
- 20 x quad lasers (20DG) (360 degree fire arc)
- Defenses: High,
- Triple redundant shield generators.
- Heavy reinforced armour plating.
- Protected hanger.
- Emergency blast doors.
- Sloping fore hull to attempt to ‘slope’ glancing hits away.
- Hangar: Low: 4 squadrons of any mix of fighters, interceptors, bombers.
- Maneuverability Rating: Average,
- Speed Rating: Moderate,
- Hyperdrive Class: 1. Backup 10.
- Uses Harbinger Emplacements.
- Encrypted holocommunicator.
- Situation and briefing room.
- 3000 marines and other combat troops on board. Can briefly carry up to 6000 for short term loading onto transports.
- Internal ray shields at strategic locations.
- E-War protection.
- Escape Pods for all crew.
- Contains pre-fab garrison base.
- Can moor with up to 4 escorts or large transports.
- Contains brig/prison.
- Bombardment. The Vindicta has a powerful array of weapons capable of pounding enemy capital ships at all ranges. In addition to the Harbinger emplacements it can direct dozens of turbo and ion cannons at a target. The ship can also put up a strong defence against fighters by making use of anti-starfighter warheads.
- Tough. With heavy armour plating, redundant shields, a protected hanger and strong internal defences, the Vindicta can take as well as dish out the harm.
- Arcs. Unusually for a Star Destroyer, the Vindicta can target most directions. Most notably, its largest Harbinger emplacement can fire in all directions and cover the bottom of the ship too. Whist most other weapons have only a 270 degree arc, there are numerous fast mount turbolasers and defence guns which can fire in all directions.
- Escort. The Vindicta, like all capital ships, is not designed to go into action alone. It requires support from smaller ships to provide flak, hanger and protection from escorts.
- Hanger. This ship carries less attack craft than a conventional Star Destroyer. These are only really suitable for working in concert with other ships. The Vindicta, for all its efforts, is poor defending against massed attack craft.
- Conventional. The Vindicta is a ship of the line, and whilst it has no glaring weaknesses, it lacks great strengths as well. It contains no special weapons or tricks.
Firemane had been seeking a replacement for the aged Crusader Class when plans for the Vindicta were proposed. The idea of a Star Destroyer which could act as a ship of the line was useful not only for combat but could also carried several squadrons of ships and be resilient.
The Vindicta, because Firemane cannot maintain as large a fleet, has a smaller production run. This however is an asset as it allows these ships to be designed with better components, making it more enticing to buyers.
The Vindicta carries nearly 20,000 crew and 3,000 marines and combat troops. Deep inside its hull are all the components needed to keep this crew alive and functioning. There are also several small tramways, allowing rapid access across and along the ship.
The hanger for the Vindicta is in a protected location, on the bottom with the exit facing rearwards. For any enemy to attack it directly will requirethem to get very close to a nest of heavy weapons and defence guns.
Overall the Vindicta is a solid ship of the line with neither any great strengths or weaknesses but is an all-around reliable ship.
Edited by Tegaea Alcori, 13 June 2017 - 02:40 PM.