• Create Account
Photo

Thoughts on Star Wars: The Old Republic?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Valiens Nantaris

Valiens Nantaris

Head Admin

• Administrators
  • 19,440 posts

Belizarius Krusi

Almost all their resources are gone and they're basically in caretaker mode. Their last few 'story' updates are just absurd and have about 5 minutes of story in between hordes of generic enemies. Theron's face heel turn is absurd.

Siobhan Kerrigan

Rather you summon ghosts of his family and...do something in the spirit realm. Then he dies.

BBS8Bub.jpg

57wSzTY.png3cFUgUN.png1iYfC3H.pngWJCVATQ.png

Siobhan Kerrigan

Siobhan Kerrigan

Karishzar

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 7,963 posts

Valiens Nantaris

Still don't see why killing Arcann is darkside just because his Mummy gets pissed.

Hello, that dude wiped out five planets. That's more than Malak or Palpy. But he's suddenly good because a bunch of Voss mystics performed a ritual? Never mind the fact that Voss mystics aren't even lightsiders, and it's not like he was possessed.

I have more sympathy for Vaylin because she never had a choice. But Arcann is just a momma's boy.

Edited by Siobhan Kerrigan, 14 February 2018 - 06:19 PM.

bk4nWGK.pnggiphy.gifUWyMbNc.png

VH0k8pU.png

tumblr_nzbsl1wiCU1rnpi4to1_500.png

Belizarius Krusi

Belizarius Krusi

Jedi Scholar

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 99 posts

Siobhan Kerrigan The entire Zakuul royal family were just evil assholes. They were really just as evil as Sith but simply tried to hide it far better. That's why fighting them with a evil Sith gets kind of weird because in reality.... you're just as evil as them except you don't hide it which apparently means your a better choice.

Valiens Nantaris They just need to kill it, either spend the money or just give up.

There is no ignorance, there is only knowledge

2q0owv7.jpg

imp1g0.pnge9isxy.jpg 21m7ogo.jpg

Weapon/Ship

Siobhan Kerrigan

Siobhan Kerrigan

Karishzar

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 7,963 posts

Belizarius Krusi

Pretty much.

We keep hearing about how amazing Zakuul is and how its Knight use the Force in a way that's different and superior to both the Jedi and the Sith. But their royal family are exactly like Sith: We have two Caligulas and the old tyrant...who spends most of the game acting like a grumpy grandpa who's annoyed about his kids messing up his lawn. Bit strange that the Sith don't just flock to join an Empire that's...not so different from the one they presently inhabit.

And the Knights are just the usual mooks. This makes it all quite generic. Besides, the Eternal Fleet stops being a threat the moment you have the plot device ship. Except when its plot device cannon doesn't work or Koth takes it for a joyride.

Edited by Siobhan Kerrigan, 14 February 2018 - 06:40 PM.

VH0k8pU.png

Valiens Nantaris

Valiens Nantaris

Head Admin

• Administrators
  • 19,440 posts

Belizarius Krusi Siobhan Kerrigan

Plus Valky is all 'the Sith were a failure' which is annoying for players who like the Sith. His wonderful gold knights aren't any better.

BBS8Bub.jpg

Siobhan Kerrigan

Siobhan Kerrigan

Karishzar

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 7,963 posts
Plus Valky is all 'the Sith were a failure' which is annoying for players who like the Sith. His wonderful gold knights aren't any better.

I'm fine with the character having that viewpoint. A character shouldn't pander to the ooc sentiments of players. :P

My issue is that his Eternal Empire is lame, too. And his gold knights are just generic mooks. And we never get any evidence of them being great. Really, the Empire's one big trump card is their fleet. Which doesn't play much of a role after you get the Gravestone...and as seen at Voss, said fleet can't even BDZ a planet properly.

Valiens Nantaris

Edited by Siobhan Kerrigan, 14 February 2018 - 07:04 PM.

VH0k8pU.png

Belizarius Krusi

Belizarius Krusi

Jedi Scholar

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 99 posts

Valiens NantarisSiobhan Kerrigan Because they never really explain why the Sith were a failure, why the Knights were so awesome since you apparently can kill them easy enough. 

Valkorian was just stupid but reality is the entire storyline has this level of pretentiousness. It almost tries too hard to make you go "oh, look how awesome this concept of how the force works is"

Why are the Knights more powerful? because they're REALLY into their Emperor? I can see why that would let them channel the force but not why it's automatically stronger to use the force from the middle ground.

2q0owv7.jpg

Weapon/Ship

Belizarius Krusi

Belizarius Krusi

Jedi Scholar

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 99 posts

Triple post

Edited by Belizarius Krusi, 14 February 2018 - 06:59 PM.

2q0owv7.jpg

Weapon/Ship

Belizarius Krusi

Belizarius Krusi

Jedi Scholar

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 99 posts

Triple post

Edited by Belizarius Krusi, 14 February 2018 - 06:59 PM.

2q0owv7.jpg

Weapon/Ship

Valiens Nantaris

Valiens Nantaris

Head Admin

• Administrators
  • 19,440 posts

And do the gold guards use it from the middle? They seem pretty dark side to me, what with the choking and the massacring.

So are they better because they have the ruthlessness of the Sith with the discipline of the Jedi? That'd be a good argument to make...but not one held up or even mentioned elsewhere.

BBS8Bub.jpg

Siobhan Kerrigan

Siobhan Kerrigan

Karishzar

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 7,963 posts
And do the gold guards use it from the middle? They seem pretty dark side to me, what with the choking and the massacring.

Well, their leaders wage unprovoked wars of aggression, commit war crimes and bomb planets...so yeah.

So are they better because they have the ruthlessness of the Sith with the discipline of the Jedi? That'd be a good argument to make...but not one held up or even mentioned elsewhere.

They're better because they use shields. Now if only they used a phrik Scutum.

Valiens Nantaris

Edited by Siobhan Kerrigan, 15 February 2018 - 08:35 AM.

VH0k8pU.png

Kaine Australis

Kaine Australis

Coopers Cooler

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 1,884 posts

I can't play it without being subbed, they nerfed too much.

Once I finished all the character stories during the last Dark vs Light event, and all the flashpoints, then the new story content, there was very little reason to keep playing.

There is no way i am playing the same endgame content on 16-odd toons. Once or twice is plenty, its fine, but it isnt 16 times good like say Mass Effect 2.

8GgZsVc.gifAKMqA8R.gif128RWQJ.gif

'It gives me strength to have somebody to fight for; I can never fight for myself, but, for others, I can kill.'

KaineSig.gif