OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: To add a dragon to Abyss army
- Image Credit: Undead Dragon by exomemory
- Canon: N/A
- Links: N/A
- Name: Miasma (Undead Arkanian Dragon)
- Designation: Semi-sentient
- Homeworld: Arkania
- Language: None
- Average Lifespan: 20 Years
- Estimated Population: Unique
- Description: From a distance it would be quite possible to mistake Miasma for a member of the rare race of Arkanian Dragons, only the sickly, pale and rotten color of his skin giving it away. Upon looking closer the exposed bones, the half faded flash and the glowing green eyes become visible, easily revealing his undead state. While the wings are still useable, cuts and holes are scattered all over them.
- Breathes: None
- Average height of adults: 2.9 Meters
- Average length of adults: 8 Meters
- Skin color: Sick Grey
- Hair color: None
- Distinctions: N/A
- Races: N/A
-Flight: Despite his undead, rotten state Miasma still does posses the ability to fly. Yet due to the slight damage of his wings, this flight is rather erratic and only covers short distances as he is unable to glide through the air.
-Undead: As an undead Miasma has no need to eat or sleep, and neither does he feel pain or fatigue.
-Miasma: Miasma's claws and teeth are riddled with sickness and disease due to the rot, leaving painful, easily infected and quite deadly wounds. To make this even worse, his flesh was intentionally infected with a dangerous disease,
-Wild: Miasma can not be really commanded. While his creator Abyss can give him a general direction, he will act on his own for the most part. Also he knows neither friend nor foe besides his creator, mindlessly attacking anyone and anything in range.
-Hunger: While Miasma has no need to consume food, he does need the power of the dark side to continue his live. This can be done through three things: Either by a force user channeling power into the dragon, through spirit Ichor or by direct consumtion of blood to empower the runes within the undead beast.
-Tainted: Miasma's tainted presence can be felt over large distances, and even through aracne means is not easily hidden.
-Brittle Bones: While Miasma is certainly not a fragile creature, time and rot still come with a price. While overall his bones aren't easily broken, there are parts like his joints that, with sufficient pressure, do break. The fact that much of his flesh is rotten, leaving his bones exposed, grants an opponent another advantage to break the bones of the undead dragon.
-Lightside: As a being formed and fueled by the dark side of the force, Miasma is far less resistant when it comes to the Light side. Abilities like force light and others empowered by the light are not only dangerous, but can also provoke the undead beast to retreat, often simply ignoring any commands given to him.
- Diet: Dark Side Energy (Blood) or Ichor
- Communication: The Force
- Technology level: N/A
- Religion/Beliefs: N/A
- General behavior: Miasma, despite possesing a clear level of intelligence, is often nothing more than a mindless beast, with no other desire than to kill and consume. While he never sleeps, the spell upon him can be lifted and cast again to keep him controlled between battles.
Miasma was not born, but created. Many, not just sith, take an intrest in the rare, powerful and devestating race of dragons native to Arkania, which includes Darth Abyss. Yet other than his peers he had no desire to strain himself with the task of finding a living member of a species said to be extinct. Instead he simply asked his various contacts to bring him a dead one. Still not an easy task, but even dragons die of sickness and old age. For years his agents kept their eyes and ears open through every channel used by those selling rare beasts and their skin in search of a Dragon's corpse.
When they finally brought one back into the metal hands of the Mindeater, there was no time wasted. With a set of runes he had planned long before the dragon came into his possesion, he began to engrave said runes deeply into the bones within the corpse. They were meant to create a more complex version of a spell that in its more simple version is known among the sith and nightsisters alike, a spell to raise the dead to walk and fight among the living. Due to the alterations made by Abyss and his runes, his undead beast is outfitted with a level of intelligence to act on his own, for the price of consantly needing the dark side.
At first Miasma was merely created to serve as guardian of Malachor's cities, but quickly it became clear that the undead dragon was to much to be controlled, even by a being like Darth Abyss. Instead he was called to serve within Abyss armed forces, a dangerous weapon of claws, teeth, sicknes and fear, a broken symbol to mark Abyss victory over death and life.