OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: To create a defense vehicle for major command centers on Metal Lords of the Voids planets.
- New Intent: Designed to keep Outer Rim Coalition Planets from hostile invasion forces.
- Image Source: (x)
- Video Link: (x) (To help show what it is supposed to do and full image. It is hard to find one that works) (Side Missile Launchers are NOT included in this submission)
- Canon Link: N/A
- Restricted Missions: N/A
- Primary Source: N/A
- Manufacturer: Have Gun Will Travel (x) (Design), The Outer Rim Coalition (x) (Manufacturer)
- Affiliation: The Outer Rim Coalition (x)
- Modularity: No (MUST be unique to be modified and will take a planet slot to create for one)
- Production: Limited
- Classification:: Heavy Missile Walker
- Role: Multi-Purpose Missile Defense and Assault Walker
- Size: 100 meters tall, 130 meters extended tall. 40 meters long and wide.
- Weight: 110,000 tons
- Minimum Crew: 8 people (Target Verification and Firing Only)
- Optimal Crew: 40 people
- Propulsion: Quadrupedal
- Speed: Very Slow (5km)
- Maneuverability: Very Slow
- Armaments: Extreme
144 M-G-2 General Purpose Warhead Launcher (x) (They are separated on four raisable missile pads of 36 a piece.)
Eight Repeating Blaster (Anti-Infantry/Air)
- Defenses: High
Two Deflector Shields
Eight Warhead Countermeasures (x)
- Squadron Count: 1
- Passenger Capacity: N/A
- Cargo Capacity: Holds 1,440 Concussion Missiles OR 720 Photon Torpedoes OR 360 Heavy Rockets. (Concussion missiles equal one cargo slot, Photon Rockets equal two cargo slots, and Heavy Rockets equal four cargo slots.) Total room for cargo is 1,440 cargo slots.
840.z Holo-Targeting Suite: In conjunction with the targeting computer, the 840.z Holo-Targeting Suite allowed improved accuracy for firing at the selected targets. This was needed to balance out the amount of missile targets it acquires and so much so, it required two of these to be installed. (x)
- Overwhelming Firepower: Being able to fire 144 missiles at once, all guided to their targets makes the Sal Kar Walker a very dangerous machine. Land or Air, it can target and fire missiles at the targets with ease.
- Multi-Missile Loading System: If different missiles are used, it catalogs them and makes sure to load them by the order of the user interface. This makes it extremely useful when firing a certain section of missiles at a select target.
- Multi-Targeting System: It can target up to 144 individual target from sight alone though requires verification from various crew operators on the Sal Kar Walker.
- Multi-Layered Deflector Shield: Due to the nature of its payload, it has been layered with four deflector shields to protect the central torso and its surrounding body. If one goes down, the other takes it place while it recharges though it takes up to ten minutes to recharge one deflector shield.
- Extremely Slow: It barely moves far as it takes an hour to get any considerable distance. It is designed to stay stationary and to only move to reposition itself.
- Target the Extenders!: When the Sal Kar Walker either exposes the bottom part for retrieving a payload OR extend the top when extended for firing, it exposes the shield generators, making them valuable targets for destruction. Furthermore, destroying just one can reduce the shields to be bombarded by regular starfighters and destroyed.
- Deploy before Firing: Due to the overwelming recoil, the Sal Kar Walker MUST deploy before being used, making it immobile while firing. This takes up to a minute to latch onto the surface and extend the extra struts to secure itself.
- Explosive Payload: If the armor is pierced at any time in the center shell, it can produce a very dangerous explosive effect, effectively destroying the entire Sal Kar Walker in one go.
- Long Reload Time: It takes over five minutes to reload the payload four all four missile trays. Thirty seconds to descend and lock in, a four minutes to reload the trays and then thirty seconds to extend them back into position.
- Near Impossible to Transport: It takes a very large cargo ship to transport something of this size. Due to this, all models are produced on the planet they are assigned on. If moved, it requires a large ship and can take over three hours to load.
- Long Resupply Time: If it runs out of missiles, it will require a reload team to release the lower section of the Sal Kar Walker to receive more missiles. This makes it extremely vulnerable and can take up to five-ten minutes to bring one firing payload on board.
- Exposed Bridge: The head of the machine is easily found and if the shields go down, a direct blast can take down the entire Sal Kar Walker in one go as there is no back up bridge.
- One Model per Planet Only: Only one can exist on each planet. Moons are excluded. If one is taken for a dominion assault in another system, they must name which planet it comes from. If destroyed, it cannot be rebuilt for that planet. If they lose the planet and retake it, it cannot be rebuilt.
- Input High Command Officer Code: To fire the Sal Kar Walker, a High Ranking officer of the Metal Lords is to be present to input the codes before the Sal Kar Walker opens fire. This requires a pilot to be using the Sal Kar Walker to fire any form of missiles present. The user will also have to put on a special visor that relays information from the users retina/optical relay so that it confirms it is the correct High Ranking officer on board. When the code is inputted, a delay is put in so it would log who would fire the Sal Kar Walker, making it a full minute before it authorizes a launch of its missile pads. The delay also brings up a notice to the Lead Commander in charge of the battle for the Metal Lords of the Void and can reject the launch at any time.
- Defense Grid Issues: Having on to defend a planet requires a lot of upkeep, restocking and training. Not including electrical power, it costs a lot to keep one maintained and training a several crews to cycle out and be ready on a moments notice is not cheap which also include the planets different forms of weather, gravity and conditions. This means only one can be on planet at all times and only the native walker can function properly in its environment.
- Vulnerable to Heavy Bombardment: The Sal Kar Walker cannot withstand more than two seconds of sustained bombardment from planetary bombardment. Without space superiority, it can become a glass cannon rather quickly as the two Shield Generators only factor in vehicular assault and minor starfighter bombardment, not overwhelming bombardment.
Inspired from some of the oldest designs in history, Haon Hafey spearheaded a plan that was so expensive, some people questioned his sanity. The idea was to create a unique vehicle to protect their planets, one that would make even a simple army be demolished if not reinforced properly. Created primarily for defense, it was produced on Ord Mantell first to test its capabilities first hand. A prototype was created and then destroyed once it showed what it was capable of, some of the Metal Lords agreeing for a massive need for defense in case any of the other large factions or empires knock on their doors.
In production, the main legs are produced in a single factory whom is only used to create the legs. It identifies the planet it will be situated in and in doing so, strengthens it for the conditions to have optimal operating conditions. The body and its extendable top half are made in another factory to set all the electronics in the bridge, set up the Life Support and 840.z Holo-Targeting Suite which was integrated throughout the entire body. When the first model was finished on Vo, it was given another trial run against a series of starfighters, vehicles that included airspeeders and walkers. The result was a success though it was noted to tune up the for any heavier walkers which got the systems being updated for choosing which rocket to fire at which target if required.
Since then, several of these have started in production on numerous planets owned by the Metal Lords of the Void. Some are still being created due to the current conditions on the other planet, others are being considered to be fitted for their unique Metal Lord owner, adding more firepower by lowering defenses or by simply making them unique to the owners themselves by taking off the missile pads and replacing them with something that fits their needs. Regardless, the Sal Kar Walker will slowly become a staple and symbol of the Metal Lords of the Void might though the cost may outweigh its good.
Time had passed with the design having changed hands from The Metal Lords of the Void, to the First Order, to now the Outer Rim Coalition on the condition to keep the design well used and alive. Several examples on former worlds of the Metal Lords of the Void and the First Order still exist but in very small quantities of less than half a dozen. Furthermore, the costs are extreme requiring them to be deployed only on certain worlds instead of all, requiring new inventions and new ideas.
Edited by Haon Hafey, 11 June 2019 - 07:34 PM.