OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: To create a defense vehicle for major command centers on Metal Lords of the Voids planets.
- Image Source: (x)
- Video Link: (x) (To help show what it is supposed to do and full image. It is hard to find one that works) (Side Missile Launchers are NOT included in this submission)
- Canon Link: N/A
- Restricted Missions: N/A
- Primary Source: N/A
- Manufacturer: Have Gun Will Travel (x) (Design), Metal Lords of the Void (x) (Manufacturer)
- Model: N/A
- Affiliation: Metal Lords of the Void (x)
- Modularity: No (MUST be unique to be modified and will take a planet slot to create for one)
- Production: Semi-Unique (One for each planet controlled by the Metal Lords of the Void)
- Classification:: Heavy Missile Walker
- Role: Multi-Purpose Missile Defense and Assault Walker
- Size: 300 meters tall, 390 meters extended tall. 120 meters long and wide.
- Weight: The weight is comparable to
- Minimum Crew: 8 people (Target Verification and Firing Only)
- Optimal Crew: 40 people
- Propulsion: Quadrupedal
- Speed: Very Slow (5km)
- Maneuverability: Very Slow
- Armaments: Extreme
144 M-G-2 General Purpose Warhead Launcher (x) (They are separated on four raisable missile pads of 36 a piece.)
Eight Repeating Blaster (Anti-Infantry/Air)
- Defenses: Very High
Four Deflector Shields
Sixteen Warhead Countermeasures (x)
- Squadron Count: 1
- Passenger Capacity: N/A
- Cargo Capacity: Holds 2,880 Concussion Missiles OR 1,440 Photon Torpedoes OR 720 Heavy Rockets. (Concussion missiles equal one cargo slot, Photon Rockets equal two cargo slots, and Heavy Rockets equal four cargo slots.) Total room for cargo is 2,880 cargo slots.
840.z Holo-Targeting Suite: In conjunction with the targeting computer, the 840.z Holo-Targeting Suite allowed improved accuracy for firing at the selected targets. This was needed to balance out the amount of missile targets it acquires and so much so, it required two of these to be installed. (x)
- Overwhelming Firepower: Being able to fire 144 missiles at once, all guided to their targets makes the Sal Kar Walker a very dangerous machine. Land or Air, it can target and fire missiles at the targets with ease.
- Multi-Missile Loading System: If different missiles are used, it catalogs them and makes sure to load them by the order of the user interface. This makes it extremely useful when firing a certain section of missiles at a select target.
- Multi-Targeting System: It can target up to 144 individual target from sight alone though requires verification from various crew operators on the Sal Kar Walker.
- Multi-Layered Deflector Shield: Due to the nature of its payload, it has been layered with four deflector shields to protect the central torso and its surrounding body. If one goes down, the other takes it place while it recharges though it takes up to ten minutes to recharge one deflector shield.
- Extremely Slow: It barely moves far as it takes an hour to get any considerable distance. It is designed to stay stationary and to only move to reposition itself.
- Target the Legs!: The legs are very exposed weakness. While they cannot be tied up, they are linked to the four shield generators as destroying one weakens the shields on the Sal Kar Walker. If one leg is destroyed, it becomes immobile and must remain deployed. If two are destroyed, it cannot fire two of its missile pallets, limiting it to 72 missiles instead of 144. If three are destroyed, it falls over and no longer can be used.
- Deploy before Firing: Due to the overwelming recoil, the Sal Kar Walker MUST deploy before being used, making it immobile while firing. This takes up to a minute to latch onto the surface and extend the extra struts to secure itself.
- Explosive Payload: If the armor is pierced at any time in the center shell, it can produce a very dangerous explosive effect, effectively destroying the entire Sal Kar Walker in one go.
- Long Reload Time: It takes over two minutes to reload the payload four all four missile trays. Thirty seconds to descend and lock in, a minute to reload to reload the trays and then thirty seconds to extend them back into position.
- Near Impossible to Transport: It takes a very large cargo ship to transport something of this size. Due to this, all models are produced on the planet they are assigned on. If moved, it requires a large ship and can take over six hours to load.
- Long Resupply Time: If it runs out of missiles, it will require a reload team to release the lower section of the Sal Kar Walker to receive more missiles. This makes it extremely vulnerable and can take up to five-ten minutes to bring one firing payload on board.
- Exposed Bridge: The head of the machine is easily found and if the shields go down, a direct blast can take down the entire Sal Kar Walker in one go as there is no back up bridge.
- One Model per Planet Only: Only one can exist on each planet. Moons are excluded. If one is taken for a dominion assault in another system, they must name which planet it comes from. If destroyed, it cannot be rebuilt for that planet. If they lose the planet and retake it, it cannot be rebuilt.
- Extremely High Cost: The cost to build one of these equals an Assault Corvette built new at the shipyard. Building one on each planet requires to be built specifically for that planet such as heat, cold, windy conditions or things like heavier gravity, lighter gravity, extended night and day cycles adds additional cost. This did not include the ammunition of the missiles which amounts to a much higher cost.
Inspired from some of the oldest designs in history, Haon Hafey spearheaded a plan that was so expensive, some people questioned his sanity. The idea was to create a unique vehicle to protect their planets, one that would make even a simple army be demolished if not reinforced properly. Created primarily for defense, it was produced on Ord Mantell first to test its capabilities first hand. A prototype was created and then destroyed once it showed what it was capable of, some of the Metal Lords agreeing for a massive need for defense in case any of the other large factions or empires knock on their doors.
In production, the main legs are produced in a single factory whom is only used to create the legs. It identifies the planet it will be situated in and in doing so, strengthens it for the conditions to have optimal operating conditions. The body and its extendable top half are made in another factory to set all the electronics in the bridge, set up the Life Support and 840.z Holo-Targeting Suite which was integrated throughout the entire body. When the first model was finished on Vo, it was given another trial run against a series of starfighters, vehicles that included airspeeders and walkers. The result was a success though it was noted to tune up the for any heavier walkers which got the systems being updated for choosing which rocket to fire at which target if required.
Since then, several of these have started in production on numerous planets owned by the Metal Lords of the Void. Some are still being created due to the current conditions on the other planet, others are being considered to be fitted for their unique Metal Lord owner, adding more firepower by lowering defenses or by simply making them unique to the owners themselves by taking off the missile pads and replacing them with something that fits their needs. Regardless, the Sal Kar Walker will slowly become a staple and symbol of the Metal Lords of the Void might though the cost may outweigh its good.
This section was created to keep the design from being abused. While I highly doubt it will occur, I prefer to do quality control so people in roleplays have fun but at the same time, not overwhelmed by these behemoths of destruction. If ANY are found to be abused by Metal Lords of the Void, they will be stripped of not just their own Sal Kar Walker but another one of my choice from any of their planets. This is the only warning and the rules below are to be read before using one on the battlefield.
1: These can only be constructed on planets that the Metal Lords of the Void own. There is no exception and the design will not be given out to others for production. If the Sal Kar Walker from that particular planet is destroyed, there will NOT be another one built for that planet, no exception even if the planet is recaptured or renamed.
2: Only ONE character can use ONE Sal Kar Walker at any given time. They will note in their roleplay post if using one where it comes from and what armament it has for missiles above using the Cargo Capacity system. If a missile/rocket is to be used and not listed, it must be consulted by Haon Hafey to create a cargo slot size for it before being used.
3: A Unique Variant of the Sal Kar Walker can be created though it MUST be listed from which planet it is from before being created. Failure to inform Haon Hafey when creating one and listing the proper field will result in temporarily pulling the Metal Lords of the Void from creating the Sal Kar Walker until the matter is resolved. No person may have more than ONE Unique Sal Kar Walker, no exception.
4: There can only be a maximum of TWO of these deployed on a planet at any time and ONLY during a Dominion conquest. These will be listed from which planets they are from. For a planetary defense, only ONE will be deployed at any given time for that planet and ONLY from its native planet. If the native planet has had their Sal Kar Walker destroyed, no Sal Kar Walker can replace it to defend the native planet from another factions Dominion, no exceptions. If any of them are destroyed during a Dominion, Conquest or Defense, they will inform Haon Hafey to keep records of where the currently it resides in the submission.
5: You may ONLY fire once every post with the missile launchers. This is to prevent being entirely overwhelmed with constant missile fire. In addition, the poster will note if any of them are directed at any players. If one is found to fire it more than once on their turn, the Sal Kar Walker will shut down for the rest of the Dominion and be under review from Haon Hafey. The ammo count will be used in conjunction with post to limit the amount of missiles being fired every turn and to not make it nonstop destruction. In addition, to receive a payload once they run out of missiles, it requires a full post for retrieving them from the ground and the character WILL NOT FIRE on that post. They can use continue this if requiring more payloads though the rule still applies on not being able to fire them though may load the missile launchers to fire for next round.
6: For those who steal/reverse engineer a model of the Sal Kar Walker, while not required, Haon Hafey would like to work with the user developing their own set of rules to help remove any abuse found.
7: If one of the Sal Kar Walkers is to be gifted, they must specify which planet it is from and the Major Faction to be informed of the rules. No single individual are allowed to own one and those that operate one must be in the Major Faction. The individual operating one from another Major Faction will read these rules before operating one in a roleplay. Failure to follow the rules if gifted will result in the Sal Kar Walker being reclaimed and being BANNED from receiving one for six months. A second break of the rules will result in a permanent ban and will no longer be subjected to being gifted one and that Sal Kar Walker will be destroyed, no exceptions. The Major Faction being gifted can only have ONE, no others can be given out to that Major Faction.
8: Metal Lords of the Void are PROHIBITED from selling Sal Kar Walkers, no exception.
9: All records for current Sal Kar Walkers will be kept below the rules from which planets they are from and their current status. This can be from Active, Active Unique, Gifted, or Destroyed. Active means that it is situated on that planet and remains operational. Active Unique means this model was modified and will be linked to the submission along with listing the current Metal Lords of the Void member permitted to use it on which planet. Gifted requires the Major Factions name and current location situated at. Destroyed means the Sal Kar Walker is destroyed and cannot be recovered. This can be linked with the roleplay associated with its destruction.
10: At any time that the Sal Kar Walkers are to be permanently removed from the Metal Lords of the Void and not to be returned due to massive amounts of abuse, all Sal Kar Walkers will be destroyed. No exception. This is to keep from any constant abuse in case it becomes impossible to maintain from the Metal Lords of the Void. The Sal Kal Walkers will also NOT be created while this occurs and none can be created though creation status can shift to another Major Faction though requires permission from Haon Hafey. If this is done, all wording for the current Major Faction will be changed to fit the current status.
11: If in the event there are multiple planets in a single system, the maximum amount allowed to be created per system is TWO, no exceptions.
12: If used during combat, a character MUST be commanding the unit inside it at all times. If having to leave, the Sal Kar Walker will become immobile and will not fire its missiles, only firing anti-infantry/air, no exceptions. If this is found to be abused, the Sal Kar Walker in question will be destroyed and be reviewed for additional rules.
13: Administrators have FULL RIGHTS to add rules to this submission if required. If abuse is found, rules WILL be added to remove any abuse found when roleplayed. In addition, Haon Hafey will review the level of abuse and may add additional rules if required along with removing certain rights from individuals and in worse case, remove the Metal Lords of the Void from using the Sal Kar Walker entirely until they are shown to be capable of using it without abuse OR have finished editing the submission to keep the submission balanced.
Current Sal Kar Walkers:
Current Total: 25
Destroyed to Date: 0
Lists the Sectors with the systems and planets they are on.
Edited by Haon Hafey, Yesterday, 01:33 PM.