OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: To create a mercenary band able to ally with many factions, and thus participate in many different threads. Also to recycle old characters into NPCs.
- Image Credit: N/A
- Role: A mercenary band, willing to accept a multitude of jobs from certain clients, ranging from cargo shipping, to even the location and capture of individuals.
- Links: Tallor, IG-801, Ace Thrakish
- Unit Name: Helix Co.
- Affiliation: They are loyal to themselves, and to those that pay them
- Classification: Mercenaries
- Equipment: Mandalorian vambrace, Z-6 jetpack, personal energy shield, pyronium shield (Ace), LD-58, Z-6 rotary blaster cannon
- Availability: Unique
- Deployment: Limited
- Strengths & Weaknesses: Working as a team, Helix Company can be a formidable opponent, using their gadgets and weaponry to gain the upper hand. Each of the three members have different expertise, and work to compliment each other's abilities. However, they are only three in number, and can be overwhelmed fairly quickly. While able to hold their own together, separated they are much less effective.
Description: A rogue droid, Mandalorian commando, and a soldier out of time. These three individuals all have different stories, but eventually banded together to explore the stars. IG-801, a prototype that escaped the laboratories of Halowan. It specializes in close-combat, but prefers to fly and guard the ship. Tallor is the quiet, but prideful Mandalorian marksman, a reliable shot who is best suited to recon duties. Last is Ace Thrakish, a genetically modified human who is said to be centuries old. He suffers from painful, physical side effects due to the experimentation, often utilizing shields to protect himself when vulnerable. He possesses great strength, doing most of the heavy lifting, sporting a Z-6 rotary blaster cannon as his weapon of choice.
During the recent Jedi and Sith war between the Empire and the Silver, these three happened to be on the same planet as it was being evacuated. The Jedi had been forced to fall back further towards the core worlds, and the Sith pressed their advantage by conquering the worlds that fell into chaos. Having just purchased a new ship, Tallor was unfortunate enough to get caught at the spaceport during the evacuation. People were rushing in all directions, frantically searching for safe passage once the main transports had left. A lot of smugglers had taken this opportunity to make some credits, charging a fee to ferry the poor off world. Tallor's ship didn't have much space, but he accommodated a group of refugees in the cargo hold, along with two others that had actually paid. Both had paid for their passage, and so were allowed to stay in the main cabin of the freighter. One was a strange staff-wielding droid, with only a few hundred credits to its name.
The other was a soldier of some type, and the one who had sought out Tallor in order to get the refugees to safety. With the giant blaster cannon slung on his back, you'd never peg him for the goody-two shoes type. The freighter was packed and ready for takeoff, however it appeared as if a gang of eight bandits had different plans. They had violently made their way to the landing pad, intent on stealing a ship and getting far away from the war front. Their quest was short lived, for the three combatants aboard the freighter united as one, making quick work of the untrained fighting force that had opposed them. After the trip, when all the refugees had departed, the three sat down to discuss their next step. At first they were to part ways as planned, but Ace had a better idea. Working together as a freelance mercenary band, they began to make a steady amount of credits, taking on a plethora of jobs that always kept them on the move.
Edited by Galactic Opposition, 10 December 2017 - 08:40 PM.