17 replies to this topic

Zef Halo

Zef Halo

Good ol' Scoundrel

• Roleplay Judge
    • Character Bio
  • 3,927 posts
The title says it all.

FN-6767 has started chronicling the events surrounding the 3 invasions which more or less will involve all major factions in some way, dubbing it 'The Great Galactic War'.

Considering the influence on a galaxy-wide level of these events similiar to the Netherworld & Omega, I suggest having 'The Great Galactic War' added as a timeline event in the timeline database we've got.

FN-6767 has been sourcing all information in one place here - http://starwarsrp.ne...t-galactic-war/

Aryn Teth

Aryn Teth

Ex Machina

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 614 posts

I think this is a great idea. The work that has gone in and the planning that is going into the continuation of the war is equivalent to the size and scale of the big events here, and a massive testament to the commitment of the community. It would be an immense shame to leave this out of the timeline, considering just how major it is likely to be.

Bombad_Boo_Bear.gif

atCVf9c.png---Breaker_Of_Chit.gif---AlAKNi4.png

Minorous Traske

Minorous Traske

The Broken King

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 307 posts

I'm also in support - we're going to have things catalogued, people are already gearing up and getting active for everything that's going on; I think it'd be a good opportunity to let people be really involved in a significant event within the timeline of the board, without requiring heaps of work by the staff team, who have tons to do already.

Lemon

Lemon

Citrus Dreams

• Writers
  • 617 posts

yes

Cathul Thuku

Cathul Thuku

Admiral, Therapy Command

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 1,664 posts

Definitely!

YDe8vdq.pngqNssuLI.pngqpbiV8Q.pngBattle_Med.jpg

WcZrswy.jpg

Gear: Armor of the Therapist, Siri Tachi's lightsaber, personal slugthrower

For all your real estate, construction, banking and insurance needs: IGR Brokerage

Theme: Magicians' Tower

Jorus Merrill

Jorus Merrill

is mek bote

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 5,542 posts
We've never had player-run stuff wind up as its own timeline update (though it's featured in in the text of several of them). If this thing gets as big as planned, though, and takes off like it's got the potential to do, who knows. Me, I think it would be awesome.

Stephanie Swail

Stephanie Swail

Defender Of The Light

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 3,682 posts
It could be the Star Wars story that helps bring the Factions and community here closer than pushing them out.

Goodness knows we need that in these dark and scary times IRL - this is our escape and we don't need any stress or angst when we log in.

Stardust Solus Skirae

Stardust Solus Skirae

The Emerald Dragon/The Judge

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 5,610 posts
I like this! The great war comes to the universe!
stardistsig1.gif

Kyrel Ren

Kyrel Ren

The Enforcer

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 1,541 posts

I support this as with multiple factions divided in a WW2 type way with the factions with the 'Allies' and the Axis of Evil. I feel this would boost member activity, Factions would grow more and overall fun would be had fighting the ultimate battle between good and evil for the fate of the Galaxy. :D 

HK-42

HK-42

Grievous II

• Character
  • 272 posts

Maybe I could give my new upgrades a try...if Kyrel Ren would ever make use of them...

"Exclamation: Why don't we find something to kill to cheer ourselves up?"

"Definition: 'Love', is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope."

Leo Vandermolen

Leo Vandermolen

.Resurgere ex Cineribus.

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 721 posts

This was timed perfectly.

Here's the comparison. So, all the previous World of Warcraft expansions have been about some outside force appearing, be it Outland and Illidan, Northrend and Arthus, Deathwing, Garrosh kinda counts but also not really, Draenor and the Iron Horde and recently the Legion invasion. These expansions have always involved the Horde and the Alliance teaming up with uneasy truces to push back the threat, truces which are usually broken whilst skirmishes between the two factions break out.

This mirrors Chaos' galactic events perfectly, mass invasions or threats such as the Incursion and Omega have caused people from all walks of life to team up to take the problem out head-on, but it obviously wasn't all love and happiness between the good guys and the bad guys.

BUT, with next year's wow expansion being announced as a massive war between Horde and Alliance, this invasion x3 could not have been timed more perfectly. Mirroring the expansion, all the big boys will be battling it out head to head, breaking and making temporary truces whilst minor factions get involved in this all time battle for survival.

How karking cool is that.

Kyrel Ren

Kyrel Ren

The Enforcer

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 1,541 posts

HK-42

Well looks like your going to war Droid. I suggest you use the new upgrades. 

HK-42

HK-42

Grievous II

• Character
  • 272 posts

Kyrel Ren As long as the other Meat bags you call Storm troopers don't get in my way... I'm sure we can discuss this else where, Master.

"Exclamation: Why don't we find something to kill to cheer ourselves up?"

"Definition: 'Love', is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope."

Khonsu Amon

Khonsu Amon

=] IMPETU ☼ SOLIS [=

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 1,591 posts
I’m just here to profit of the destruction, but seeing something like this shape the site as a whole? I’ve got goosebumps.

Khonsu_Sig_2.gif

Signature made by Bambi 

| Equipment Listing |

Jay Scott Clark

Jay Scott Clark

~ 🧨 ~

• Writers
  • 10,352 posts

Considering the influence...

Meh.

Valiens Nantaris

Valiens Nantaris

Head Admin

• Administrators
  • 19,851 posts

Therran Graush

Great idea. Let's wait for it to be judged so we can put the results in and then I agree this should be added.

BBS8Bub.jpg

57wSzTY.png3cFUgUN.png1iYfC3H.pngWJCVATQ.png

Kyli Graf

Kyli Graf

Daughter of the Iron Chancellor

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 362 posts

I'm beyond flattered that the community is using the timeline I'm making as a resource you guys are awesome! 

Friendly Reminder; Could Major Faction owners please PM me their commanders & leaders so I can add them to the timeline that'd be amazing and save me a little bit of time to go digging through every single one myself :)

Edited by FN-6767, 30 November 2017 - 04:01 PM.

Tefka

Tefka

SWRP Owner

• Administrators
    • Character Bio
  • 8,098 posts

The community asks and the community shall receive.

Keep chronicling, FN-6767