• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Sanya Val Swift

Sanya Val Swift

Neutral, Queen of Her people, Neko

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 3,069 posts

The past few days I've been looking at the Fleet Npc template and I feel that in some ways it is restricting due to the size limits. Now I know that the current fleet template is not for war fleets. They are meant to be basic, simple, straight forward and i get that. Say if i wanted to use a imperial 2 class star destroyer in the current template but I wanted only that ship. Well i'd be out of luck because id have to use up a pointless star fighter as a lead ship or something that does't exceed 400m. Now to me one ship isn't really a fleet.

So not only am I limited with the size of the fleet it really limits what ships I can use too as cant really use many bigger ships at once and some even are unable to be used completely. what id like to suggest is either some slight edits or a second template to the current one so people can actually make a substandard war fleet to be used in raid's skirmishes and invasions. That way we don't have to keep working out our size of the fleets. 

template - 

Original template

I have taken the current fleet task force template mad made edits to something that would allow a full range of ship's and a lot less restricting. I have taken into account that because of its size that a fleet this large would probably need funding from a galactic power. (please note this is just an idea and balance would have to be taken into consideration.) also in the long run this could someday help streamline that very repetitive convo amongst fleeter. "Hey so how big should our fleets limits be?" that turns into both sides trying to fill all that space time and time again.

Edited by Sanya Val Swift, 30 November 2017 - 09:12 PM.

Quietus

Quietus

..::>> Hunting Again <<::..

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 4,939 posts

Until I see more use of the Task Force Fleet template I will not be introducing a larger Armada Fleet Template. 

So get to work putting together your smaller fleets kiddies. Use the Task Force Template, show me it's worthwhile.

xNEESwG.gif

Sanya Val Swift

Sanya Val Swift

Neutral, Queen of Her people, Neko

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 3,069 posts
Mahet I guess that's fair.

Note to self... Throw fleet competition