OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: To update the First Order’s starfighter capability.
- Image Source: (x)
- Canon Link: None.
- Restricted Missions: None.
- Primary Source: None.
- Manufacturer: First Order Corps of Engineers.
- Model: Twin Ion Engine Fighter.
- Affiliation: The First Order.
- Production: Mass Produced.
- Material: Alurasteel, Quandanium Steel and Transperisteel
- Classification: Starfighter
- Length: 9.25m
- Width: 6.4m
- Height: 7.5m
- Armament Rating: High
- Armament List:
- 2x Blaster Cannons
- 1x Heavy Blaster Turret
- 1x Ordinance Launcher
- Defences: Low
- Defence List:
- Deflector Shield
- Squadron Count: 6
- Maneuverability Rating: Average.
- Speed Rating: High
- Hyperdrive Class: None.
- Turret: The TIE/SF III is equipped with a turret which is enabled with 360 degree access around the vessel, and is operated by a gunner. The turret can change its ordinance mid-flight, able to perform strafing runs with its dual heavy blaster battery or alternatively, launch concussion missiles, proton torpedoes or whatever ordinance desired in bombing runs.
- Flares: The TIE/SF III is fitted with an anti-missile countermeasure system, which comes in the form of flares. Pilots are trained to use these to avoid the homing missiles and other armaments favoured by the Galactic Alliance amongst other organistions.
- Ammo Magazines: The TIE/SF III runs with magazines used for its missile warheads. The fighter is built so that TIE's can return to hangar, and within a matter of twenty seconds, be reloaded by the hangar crews.
- Ejector Seat: The TIE/SF III is armed with an ejector seat, so its occupants can escape the carnage of a fighter crash, within certain situations.
- +Gotta Go Fast: The TIE/SF III is a fighter which strives to use its speed and manouverability as the key weapons at its disposal to simultaneously avoid fire and at the same time deliver devastating attacks on enemies with speed and precision.
- +Gun Coverage: The rear turret has 360 degree access around the vessel, meaning it can
- +Versatility: The new armament on the TIE/SF III means that it has more versatility than previous models. It can perform bombing runs, as well as fighter superiority projection.
- +Quick Reload: A TIE/SF III can quickly return to any friendly hangar, and receive ammunition for their torpedo or missile launchers.
- -Hyperdrive Away!: The TIE/SF III is totally reliant upon carriers and destroyers to transport it around.
- -Weak Shields: The TIE/SF III has weak shielding, and because of this, is vulnerable to enemy attacks.
- -Two For One: TIE/SF III squadrons are smaller than their cousins, due to the fact that these fighters draw upon more manpower than other squadrons.
- -Limited Ammunition: The TIE/SF III does not have extensive ammunition reserves. It is stocked with four concussion warheads, and six proton torpedos. These can be changed to support other weapons such as ion based armaments and mag pulse weaponry. However, the overall capacity remains low.
Description: The TIE/SF III is the continuation of First Order technological advances. With war constantly on the mind of the weapons designers within the Empire, the idea to create a fighter superior to those fielded by its enemies has always been an objective. The TIE/SF III is the latest marker in that goal. Improvements have been made to the engine, ensuring greater speed, and strong manoeuvrability.
However, the fighters now come with increased firepower. An acknowledgement from the Galactic Alliance-First Order War of the role of fighters, and the expansion of them. The TIE/SF III can also be regularly reloaded, thanks to the use of magazines, which allow for the quick reload of the missile warheads and flares. This means that the TIE/SF III can be almost constantly refilled with ordinance, making it a constant threat to those who dare defy the First Order.
Edited by Robogeber, 04 December 2017 - 10:59 PM.