OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: To create a long-range artillery walker/tank hybrid for use by the Sith Empire.
- Image Source: Metal Gear
- Canon Link: N/A
- Restricted Missions: N/A
- Primary Source: N/A
- Manufacturer: Jaeger Solutions
- Model: AW-04
- Affiliation: The Sith Empire
- Production: Mass-Produced
- Material: Durasteel
- Classification: Artillery
- Role: Heavy Artillery
- Size:Slightly larger than an AT-ST
- Weight: 15,100 kg
- Minimum Crew: 2
- Optimal Crew: 2 (1 pilot, 1 gunner)
- Propulsion: Repulsorlift, Bipedal
- Speed: Average 60 km/h
- Maneuverability: Low
- Armament: Very High
1 Heavy Rail Cannon
Ion Field Disruptor
2 3x Proximity Grenade Launchers [1 set on each leg]
- Defenses: Low
- Squadron Count: 4
- Passenger Capacity: 0
- Cargo Capacity: 300kg
- Deployment Spikes
- Heavy Rail Cannon
- Magnetized Ablative Rounds
- Ion Field Disruption
- Proximity Grenade Launcher
- Advanced Targeting Computers
- 360 Degree Rotation
- Inertial Dampeners
- [Rocket-Proof] | A rocket or missile is usually one of the greater threats to walkers, one which has been remedied in the Harbinger's design which includes an Ion Field Disruptor meant to detonate any explosive from a safe distance that comes within a 25m cone in the direction it faces.
- [High Velocity] | Due to the high velocity of rounds fired from the Harbinger's cannon, there is a great deal of penetrative and destructive force that it can inflict upon a target.
- [Ship Nightmare] | Due to the range it can fire from, the Harbinger is effective at striking space-faring ships that are in low orbit, either taking off or trying to land. The magnetized ablative rounds it fires reverses the polarity on magnetic fields it comes in range of, a side effect produced from being launched by a rail cannon.
- [Wind-Up] | The Harbinger's heavy rail cannon requires time to charge before firing as the amount of power needed to accelerate a round at max velocity is not something that can be done quickly. Therefore, it is one of the more slow firing artillery weapons in the Sith Empire arsenal by itself.
- [Stationary] | The Harbinger, while a destructive force to be reckoned with, is incapable of firing without rooting itself first, thus making it stationary and vulnerable to tanks or other forms of anti-vehicular fire that can bypass its defensive Ion Field Disruptor or get around its cone of effectiveness
- [Straight Shooter] | Because the Harbinger uses a rail cannon, this makes it so that it is only able to fire upon targets it has a clear line of sight on. There is no projectile arc that can allow for it to shoot over obstacles that exceed its cannon's height.
- [One Trick] | Outside of its rail cannon and grenade launchers, the Harbinger lacks any blaster weaponry for dealing with infantry or anything else that gets within its field of fire.
The AW-04 'Harbinger' is a long-range artillery walker/tank hybrid armed with a heavy rail cannon as its primary weapon. The Harbinger is designed to be able to be dropped from low orbit to distant locations on the outskirts of a battlefield. Due to the amount of recoil that is exerted on the Harbinger's primary weapon, a specialized deployment system was engineered to its legs that drives four large spikes into the ground as well as having secondary legs deployed to firmly anchor and keep the Harbinger in place as it fires.
The AW-04 'Harbinger' is classified as both a tank as well as a walker, able to convert its bipedal legs into repulsorlifts commonly seen on tanks by folding them up. The main chassis is able to rotate freely on a 360-degree axis and its heavy rail cannon is able to rotate a full 180 degrees. This allows for the Harbinger to both target land and airborne targets, particularly larger space vessels within orbital range.
The AW-04 'Harbinger' lacks any means of offense or defense apart from its obvious 'sword and shield', the only real armament it has is a set of three tubes on each leg that fires grenades up to 450m and has proximity detonators that cause it to explode when it detects a heat signature within 2.5m of its 3m explosion radius.
The AW-04 'Harbinger'usually targets more stationary targets such as defensive towers, shields, or sensor arrays as its primary targets of attack, but are also excellent anti-armor walkers against larger, slow units such as walkers or tanks. It also is great in handling low orbit ships within range of its heavy rail cannon. The Harbingerstruggles tremendously against smaller, faster targets, having difficulty with targeting them despite its advanced targeting computers.
Edited by Kor Vexen, 06 December 2017 - 03:09 AM.