|| THE BASICS ||
- Full name: Shauni Yusanis Michael Castanic Irons
- Preferred Name: Shaun Castanic
- Auberon the Gardener - The Family
- Species: Near Human
- Race: Echani/Energy Vampire
- Homeworld: Eshan
- Force Master/Dark Jedi Master
- Retainer - GenoHaradan
- Local Blacksmith - Echani Command
- Auberon the Gardener/Caporegime- The Family
- Gift Giver/Curse/Hex
- Mentor(s): N/A
- Students(s): N/A
- Force Sensitive: Yes,
- Force Alignment: True Neutral
|| PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION ||
- Gender: Male
- Age: 22 GSY
- Height: 5 foot 11 inches
- Weight: 153 pounds
- Complexion: Caucasian
- Eye Color: Bronze
- Hair Color: Alabaster White
- Distinguishing Marks: Stark white hair, Deep bronze eyes, handful of scars,
- Voice Sample: Archer/Shirou Emiya - Fate series, Vergil - Devil May Cry Series
- Appearance description: Echani born, Shaun stands just around average height, with a warrior's build. Bright white hair and bronze eyes, he is a rare cross between an Echani and an Energy Vampire. Despite being of mixed blood, Shaun looks very much like his own father. While he does not know who his mother is, he has been told that he has his mother's eyes. Generally keeping his hair brushed back, its otherwise unkempt. He dresses normally in a simple pair of jeans and a t-shirt, and on occasion will wear a jacket when going to a more formal setting.
|| ORIENTATIONS ||
- Marital Status: Complicated with Emberly Carrick,
- Sexual Conduct: Hetrosexual,
- Galactic Basic - Native
- Sith'ari - Fluent
- Droidspeak - Fluent
- Occupation: Caporegime within the Family, Hunter,
|| STRENGTHS ||
- Blades & Hands: Hand him a sword, and Shaun will know what to do with it. Likely the best swordsman within the Mafia known as "The Family" Shaun or "Auberon" has followed the path of many Echani before him as a swordsman, bladesman, and martial artist.
- Archery/Ranged Weapons: As a young man, his father taught him how to hunt, to bring food upon the table, and how the weaponry of the galaxy works. No ace shot, but still very capable in his hands.
- Adaptable: Living with his father taught him many things. Being adaptable allows him many avenues of escape, fighting back or otherwise. Sure, he can live on his own off the grid, or be able to adapt to a battle, but if he doesn't have the right tools for the job, then even this skill of his can still fall short at times.
- Blacksmith: Being the apprentice of a Blacksmith, Armorer, and Weaponsmith, Shaun has learned quite a bit in the way of making weapons and armor. As such, he is talented with the hammer and anvil. Over time of creating force artifacts, researching some, and even finding them, Shaun has much still to learn, but is talented.
|| ATTRIBUTES ||
- Moral Compass: Shaun is a rather lawful person. However, he leans more along the line of common sense and the natural order of things to be the real rules and regulations. So forms of government that oppress people are not something he agrees with, nor does he like anyone who aids, or works with these systems. Shaun sets his own moral code above the law.
- Echani Born: Born to an Echani Father, Shaun is rather skilled in combat in general due to the culture. Growing up with the idealism that combat was an outlet of communication, as well as enjoyment, and even training. He holds fast to this, and even holds others to it even without meaning too.
- Vampiric Blood: As a half-breed, Shaun has quite a few physical attributes of the Energy Vampire species. Faster speed, stronger strengths, enhanced senses, can consume energy from living beings, and even has a small healing factor. However, while these are all good, they wouldn't compare to that of a full-blood Vampire. Faster than others of the Echani, but slower than those of his Vampire heritage.
|| WEAKNESSES ||
- No Gods, No Destiny, No Fate: Shaun is an Atheist. He has no beliefs in goods, or other worldly entities that can affect him. While he does know of people being able to use the force, or otherwise abilities and Magicks. Thus when given a reason for the gods, or otherwise explained of gods or fate, or destiny, he will deny it completely and even consider the person more stupid than he is even without his education.
- Independently Happy: Shaun is a young man who finds himself unable to depend on others. Living all of his life being taught how to be independent, or the ability to do things on his own, he doesn't call upon others to help him, and while working on a team is fine, He doesn't need anyone to baby him.
- Peace and Quiet: Shaun wants to live where there is peace and quiet. He wants to live out among the wilderness where no one can bother him. Cities are not his kind of place to be. Shaun is a man for the forests, open plains, and rivers by the wayside.
- Dull: Shaun rarely shows emotion. Keeping a heavy straight face, no smiling, no laughing, no nothing. This extends to him not having any of the small talk, or speaking just to speak.
- L-D-R: Most fights with Shaun have him within reach of his opponent. So fighting him from longer distances is highly recommended.
- Stuck in a Dream: Shaun has quite the dream he wishes to fulfill. What that is, no one is quite sure.
|| BIOGRAPHY ||
My son has left me today.
It only seemed like yesterday when he arrived by messenger to my home. I remember the instant thought of letting him be taken in by some orphanage or leaving him to the wilds. Yet, the crying face of the child, the bright bronze eyes that resembled his mother, and the small tufts of white hair were unmistakably mine. I couldn't just leave him. I didn't want him as a reminder of what happened to me. How I was... violated. Yet, it was not his fault for this. His life had yet to begin. I tried my best to let that pass. The idea that the monster had birthed a child so innocent.
The memories flooded me. Life of my young child, my son growing up with a smile on his face from eating a tasty meal. Learning of the bow that I used to hunt said food, and the training of him how to use it. The sadness in his voice as I couldn't bring myself to talk to him about his mother, the pain as he learned not to touch a hot flame, the pains of relationships in his youth, and the struggle of the change between a child, to a boy, and into a man.
He was a gift I never asked for.
Yet, he was the only give I could ever have wanted. No price could ever amount to the pain, the joy, the elation, and the sadness I now felt as he was leaving me. He was long gone by now. Enough to allow my tears to flow. I entered his now empty room. All he left behind was his memories. In the closet, I opened it to find his old toys he never got rid of. An action figure of some soldier or stormtrooper. I never remembered what kind of game it came from, but I know very well he held onto it for a very long time. The suit he wore to the ceremony of the Echani culture. The first vibroblade he owned was resting in the corner.
I smiled just a little. Knowing that while his life was still young, that he would go many places and do many things. I just hope and pray that he learned all he could from me. I knew he loved me. While he never said it, I could feel it in his voice as he told me goodbye. I held onto that. Reaching for the vibroblade, I softly held onto it as I sat upon his bed.
Feeling the weapon slowly become more heavy as I smiled to myself, I accepted what was happening. While he wouldn't see me in the flesh, he knew I would always be with him. Breathing in and out, I let the weapon drop from my hands as I faded. Letting the moon, the sky, the stars, and the force take me.
May your sword stay sharp my son.
Years have passed since I have left my home. Moving to the city and training under Darren Shaw. A once fighter within the galaxy. Why he has chosen to return home, is for him to keep of himself. Stories of his daughter out on her own have only made me grow closer to him. Seeing as how the man has dealt with quite a bit in his time, seeing that one day, I may too be able to return to my own home, and retire. What state I will be in? What would I have done to reach it? I know not.
Working for the Blacksmith has taught me many things. He furthered my own skills and studies within the creation and fabrication of swords, armor and even weapons. Darren helped to shape and mold me into not someone who can better perform my job, but someone who can ask the right questions to make the job better. I do find enjoyment from his lessons. While they are not strictly staged in a classroom or a learning environment, I learn from him by example and by his own accounts of what has made him better in the field of work.
It was with the expansion of our company that I had decided to take a leave. Working as a hunter and using my skills as a trained fighter. Studding ever so briefly under a Jedi Knight, and finding companionship with a Loth-Wolf by the name of Kin. Growing in my knowledge of the real world, and from the lessons of Shaw, I have aided in the production of various tools and utilities for my company. It was surprising to me that Shaw gave me all of the inheritance of the company. As well as gifting me with a strange mask. While I had noticed that Shaw seemed to be having a haze look over his eyes.
Continuing with my hunting, I came across a young woman. Ember. Another Echani such as myself that our working relationship seems to be growing into something more. She seems familiar. As if she were from my dreams and nightmares. I shake it off for the time being and focused on my new given job. A woman seeks out my talents within a Crime Syndicate named, "The Family."
Joining this "Family" has opened up quite the opportunity for me. Moving to a planet called Dohmus Prime, the Donna of the family sent me to perform some tasks for her. Difficult and quite challenging at first, I found that these tasks were really a test for me. While Ember would be given full rights within the family as I brought her along, It was really myself, that Ahtemis wanted. She wanted me to be her left hand. The personal man she went to when she wanted something done discrete and professionally. To protect the identity of myself, I used the mask given to me by Darren as my personage of "Auberon." The Left hand, and titled as the "Gardener" of the Family. I wanted to also cover up myself. Protect me from the battles that would surely come.
For this, I created armor. Using much of my own design and being paid to do it by the Family. A very nice inclusion to this. Given the approval for my own sphere of influence, Ahtemis owned Dohmus Prime, while I was given a choice of other planets to choose from. Corscaunt was too city like for me. And a newly name Noverskaa was already taken by another of the Family. I had Nar Shaddaa. I accepted my duties as this "Gardener" for the Family and with the aid of Ember am creating a foothold for the family on Nar Shaddaa. A place where anyone can come and attempt to join. While Noverskaa is our main base for soldiers and military, Corscaunt is our second home away from home, Nar Shaddaa is our recruitment and Black Market homes. Owning a Pawn shop that is slowly growing, and even moving a secondary location of Yusanic Ironworks to Nar Shaddaa.
However, it was during this time that I noticed Ember had began to change and become someone else entirely. I was unsure of what this was, but as we are planning on heading out to Dohmus Prime to investigate some ruins on the behest of the Donna, I worry what may happen to her as well as myself.
I fear for her.
Edited by Shaun Castanic, 23 November 2018 - 12:56 PM.