OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: Establish the capabilities of Tera-Zulia's combat ship.
- Image Source: Hapan Battle Dragon
- Canon Link: N/A
- Restricted Missions: N/A
- Primary Source: Hapan Battle Dragon
- Manufacturer: Hapes Consortium - Tera-Zulia's father
- Model: Hunter-Modified Hapan Battle Dragon
- Affiliation: Tera-Zulia and The Sovereignty
- Production: Unique
- Material: Durasteel Frame
- Classification: Destroyer (Assault Cruiser)
- Length: 700m
- Width: 500m
- Height: 250m
- Armament: Very High.
- Turbolasers (40)
Ion Cannons (40)
Assault Concussion Missile Tubes (10)
Triple Ion Cannons (2)
Proton Toredo Launchers (10)
Pulsemass Generator Tubes (16)
- Defenses: Moderate.
- Hangar: [High: 3]
- 36 Miy'til Starfighters
- Maneuverability Rating: Low.
- Speed Rating: Average.
- Hyperdrive Class: [Average: 2]
- Four Standard Targeting Computers
- Long-Range Communications Array
- Standard Navigation System
- Standard Life Support System
- Thermal Shield
- SLAM Drives
- Scutum Automated Defense System
- Armed Carrier: While the Ta'a Chume qualifies as a carrier, it wields an armament that one would not expect. Armed akin to other Battle Dragons, it is not a ship lightly tackled in a space battle.
- Catch me if you can: Armed with Pulsemass Generator Tubes, like other Battle Dragons, the Ta'a Chume is capable of disrupting ships entering hyperspace near it or even disrupting other ships following it into hyperspace by dropping Pulsemass Mines into hyperspace that can suffice similar to Gravity Well Projections.
- Small for a Destroyer: Though the Ta'a Chume is a qualified as a Destroyer it's size is near the bare minimum of a cruiser's size range. This makes it a smaller target for most other destroyers and cruisers of it's same power level.
- Rotating Weapon System: Due to it's weapons being mounted on a rotation system along it's dual saucers to provide time for used weaponry to recharge, like other Battle Dragons, the Ta'a Chume excels against taking on single targets.
- About face?: Due to it's shape and size the Ta'a Chume does not have the same speed that most other ships of it's size. More capable than a moderate cruiser, but less efficient than a frigate of it's size she finds difficulty keeping her disks out of exposure to enemy fire.
- Move her faster: On that same note, the Hapan Battle Dragon lacks the maneuverability of ships of it's same classification, while it is smaller than a standard cruiser and can maneuver better than it, it's armament-placement makes for awkward maneuverability.
- Structural what?: On first inspection the Hapan Battle Dragon possesses a very unique frame. With it's weapons spread about it's top disk, middle bearing and beneath it's bottom disk one would say it has a strong offensive structure. However, for defense? It's very obvious where to hit it.
- Limited Targeting: Due to the typical design flaw of only installing four targeting computers, like most Battle Dragons, the Ta'a Chume struggles when faced with multiple opponents.
Description: During Tera-Zulia's father's military career he had a Hapan Battle Dragon modified for his affairs on behalf of the Republic. When he died at the hands of pirates, his ship was given to his daughter by his wife for her use against pirates across the galaxy. Armed highly and loaded with fighters the Ta'a Chume stood as a dangerous opponent.
Edited by Tera-Zulia, 19 December 2017 - 02:24 AM.