OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: Create the standardized armor for Galderra Soldiers
- Image Source: New Empire Storm Trooper: Look development sketches by Thomas A. Szakolczay
- Canon Link: N/A
- Restricted Missions: N/A
- Primary Source: N/A
- Manufacturer: Galderra Royal Treasury
- Model: GTA-01
- Affiliation: Limited Market (Fort Galderra, Commenor Systems Alliance, Galderra Defense Initiative)
- Modularity: Limited Modularity (Certain compatible systems, retractable items/replacement)
- Production: Minor
- VT-Kinetic Impact Gel filled/reinforced Duraplast
- Meta-Ceramic - For external control panels/computers and displays (Allows the armor to not be compromised for ease of computer access and armor configuration)
- Solarium Glasteel Eyeslits
- Armorweave and Flexisteel - Inner armor layer (Contacts the skin)
- Classification: Multipurpose
- Weight: 17.5kg
- Blasters (And other plasma type weapons): High
- Kinetic: Very High
- Lightsabers: None
- Other: EMP/ION Average
- Helmet Heads-up Display w/ built-in Range Finder
- Helmet Multi-Frequency Targeting and Acquisition System
- Helmet Broadband Antenna
- Infrared/Ultraviolet/Nightvision capabilities
- IFF Transponder
- Encryption Module
- 9320/B Sensor Pack
- Sonic Scanner
- CL-3 Droid Command Link built into helmet
- Comtech Series IV Speaker
- Connection Trace
- Directional Transponder
- Emergency Signal Beacon
- External Address
- Mem-stik - Holds records and logs of audio and visual data experiences
- Utility Belt
- Helmet Internal Comlink
- Helmetic Seal - Off by default, can be used to contain a self-preserved, oxygenated environment.
- Trace-Breather Cartridge
- Enviro Filter - Three hours worth of oxygen
- Energy SInk
- Combat Gloves
- Right Wrist - Retractable Durasteel Short Blade
- Thermal Gel
- Retribution Feedback Personal Shield
- Lifeform Scanner, Radiation Sensor, Bioscanner
- Helmet Head Lamp
- Insulated Ion Surge Shielding around critical devices
- Magno-grip Boots
- Quality Armor - Specialization against kinetic/physical weapons, the armor is deigned inkind to the ancient knight armor when people fought with swords and axes.
- Ionic Protection - Limited protection to key components such as the data cartridge, helmet HUD, and life support systems.
- No Inertial Dampening - While the armor has a chance of resisting explosive damage, there is no internal protection when thrown. Severe concussive damage possible, however heat resistant.
- Acid and Fire Susceptible - The armor can only keep out heated temperatures.
The GTA-01 was Galderra's answer to troop protection. Before GTA, there was metal "medieval" armor, and old and reused Stormtrooper Armor, which was outdated, deteriorating, and gave off the wrong impression of Galderra. They needed a Galactic Standard armor to compete in the galaxy, especially with the pathetic display they showed in their scuffle. schematics were drawn up and foreign designs were acquired and looked over, with the Stormtrooper original design still investigated for the future Galderra Armor. It was a symbol in their history, and they chose to reflect it. Especially considering it was still a good standard armor for when it was made, however maybe not the best.
GTA allows any user to operate in any habitable environment; vacuum, gas, and space included. They can run on the hull of a ship, survive in space, and take kinetic hits. Kinetic resistance was almost a forced requirement since the Galderran encounters with Gamorreans. Unfortunately it left other areas still wanting, with the only other necessary resistance being blaster resistance.
Edited by Eddak Manod, 26 December 2017 - 08:58 PM.