OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: A final piece from Jedi Artisan Kiriko.
- Image Source: Stock photo found at Healthline.com
- Canon Link: N/A
- Restricted Missions: N/A
- Primary Source: Tea
- Manufacturer: Kiriko
- Model: Demeter, the Teapot of Matsu Ike
- Affiliation: Individual Character Name (Matsu Ike)
- Modularity: N/A
- Production: Unique
- Material: Crystalsteel, spun crystalsteel wire (handle)
- Classification: Tea Kettle
- Size: Small
- Weight: Average
- Crystalsteel construction
Demeter is a minimalist piece constructed by Jedi Artisan Kiriko Howlingfjord, and is believed to be the last piece completed by the artist prior to his death at the Battle of Thyferra in 851 ABY. Intended as a Life Day gift for Matsu Ike, Demeter is a teapot constructed of cystalsteel superheated and then "blown" like traditional glass using the Force. The handle is made of spun crystalsteel wire that was formed in a similar fashion. The result is a crystal-metallic container that is functional as both a kettle and a teapot. The transparent nature of the piece is ideal for blossoming teas.
Thyferra being home to several variety of blossoming teas, it may have been Kiriko's intent to have picked up a few variety to deliver to Master Ike along with Demeter.
After the artists' passing at Thyferra, the Beorni's personal effects were collected by his former master, Théodred Heavenshield. When he discovered the teapot and pre-written holiday note intended for Master Ike, Théo completed the delivery that Kiriko could not.
- Metallic construction. Allows this item to be used as both a kettle and a teapot. It's also remarkably difficult to damage, having all the same resistances of regular steel.
- Transparent. Ideal for blossoming teas.
- Metallic construction. It looks like glass, but it's actually metal. Which means that when this thing heats up, it really heats up. Oven mitts or pot handlers are a must.
Edited by Kiriko, 02 January 2018 - 06:32 PM.