OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: To provide Mereel protection in environmentally hazardous areas and combat scenarios.
- Image Source: N/A
- Canon Link: N/A
- Restricted Missions: N/A
- Primary Source: N/A
- Manufacturer: A Mandalorian living on Kaut who died around 2 centuries ago.
- Model: Heavy Armor
- Affiliation: Mereel Vaun
- Modularity: Yes (Weapon Attachments, interchangeable Jetpack or Backpack, external helmet flashlights)
- Production: Unique
- Materials: Armorweave, Durasteel, Synthmesh
- Classification: Multi-purpose
- Weight: Very Heavy (21 Kilograms)
- Blasters: High
- Kinetic: Very Low
- Lightsabers: Average
- Slugthrower: High
- EMP/Ion: Very Low
- Sonic: Low
- Elemental: Average
- Z-6 Jetpack (Minus Missile)
- Wrist Rocket
- Limited Life Support
- Retractable Wrist Blades
- Miniature Flame Projector
- Internal Heating and Cooling Systems
- Magno-grip boots
While it was made to look like true Mandalorian Beskar armor, Mereel's armor contains no Mandalorian Iron at all. The armor Mereel wears was forged well over a century and a half ago by a Mandalorian living on Kuat, who used durasteel, armorweave, and synthmesh to create an imitation of Mandalorian Beskar armor. The Kaut Mandalorian forged the armor's blue plating, boots, and helmet with Durasteel. The Armor's body glove consists of an outerlayer of armorweave, and a thin inner layer of synthmesh to provide the user additional protection from harsh environments while exploring.
Since then, Mereel's armor has been passed down from generation to generation in his family, and many modifications to the original suit of armor have been made by them. The armor is currently equipped with two retractable wrist blades, one miniature flame projector on the right gauntlet, a single-fire wrist rocket on the left gauntlet, a Z-6 Jetpack that gives it's wearer 20 minutes of flight before needing refueled, a life support system which enables the wearer to survive in vacuum for up to 15 minutes, and an internal heating and cooling system.
Although Mereel's armor is not made from Beskar, it provides its wearer impressive protection from blaster bolts, slugthrowers, and shrapnel. However, the armor does not protect the wearer from kinetic attacks very well, EMP and ion attacks will completely disable the armor's subsystems and any attachments, and poor protection against sonic based weaponry. The wearer may be protected from a single solid hit or several glancing blows from a lightsaber, but if the wearer values their life, they need to get away from saber wielders quickly.
- This armor is highly resistant to blasters, slugthrowers, and shrapnel.
- This armor can give its wearer a fifteen minute air supply in environments not containing oxygen when the body glove underneath the armor is undamaged and the suit is connected to its life support unit.
- This armor is compatible with several different weapon attachments. As long as Mereel is wearing this armor, it is safe to assume that he is armed.
- A built in Z-6 Jetpack provides Mereel increased mobility until he runs out of fuel.
- This armor has an internal cooling and heating system so the user can explore hot and cold environments comfortably.
- This armor is heavy and cumbersome, wearing it requires Mereel to sacrifice any chance of being agile in combat.
- This armor is weak at its joints.
- The Z-6 Jetpack is an incredibly vulnerable accessory and can be easily damaged. If damaged, the Z-6 jetpack can significantly harm its wearer.
- This armor is extremely weak against EMP and Ion attacks. Ion and EMP attacks will cause the armor's power system to fail, which would in turn cause the HUD, weapon attachments, and internal (life support and heating/cooling systems) systems to fail.
- Since Mereel's movement is restricted by the armor, and the armor does not hold up against more than one hit from a lightsaber, anyone with a lightsaber and two uninjured legs is a deadly foe.
Edited by Nadja Keto, 25 January 2018 - 12:09 PM.