OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: A personal weapon for Boo Heavenshield
- Image Source: Drahcirh (DeviantArt); photoshop by me
- Canon Link: N/A
- Restricted Missions: N/A
- Primary Source: Shoma Ike's Training Lightsaber
- Manufacturer: Boo Heavenshield (child labor) and Théodred Heavenshield ("supervising")
- Model: N/A
- Affiliation: Individual Character Name (Boo Heavenshield)
- Modularity: No
- Production: Unique
- Material: Sarassian Iron (shroud), Rancor leather (grip), Kyber crystal shard, Diatium power cell
- Classification: Lightsaber
- Size: Average
- Weight: Average
Jedi love their lightsabers. During his time as a Knight of Ren and as an agent of the Primeval Bleeding Sun, Boo honestly couldn't be bothered to construct a lightsaber. Or really care about them in general. He has an amphistaff for those sorts of things. Unfortunately, he's the adopted ward to the most lightsaber happy moron this side of the Tingel Arm, Théodred Heavenshield, who apparently feels that constructing a lightsaber is supposed to be some life-altering ordeal in the career of a Force Sensitive pre-teen.
Jedi be crazy, yo.
Unfortunately for Boo, Théo controls his allowance. And this lightsaber thing turned out to be an allowance dependent item on the chore list. Now, Boo might not care about lightsabers, but his allowance...? That will get his attention. And it is actually much easier to conduct training if Boo's armed with something other than a Yuuzhan Vong biot (which doesn't really have a non-lethal setting...).
Hastily constructed using some scrap Sarassian iron that he found hanging around one of the Antarian Ranger hangar bays, the lightsaber is hardly attractive. It's basically just a metal tube housing electronics. When told that he needed to "church it up" the boy took some leather scraps and dressed it up a bit. This is the weapon of a street rat, intended to get dragged along, banged around, and otherwise abused. The only thing really distinctive about it, Boo's lightsaber burned in his favorite color... blue.
- Blade power adjustment knob allows non-lethal training use.
- Pressure grip. Operates based on a combination of hand pressure and biometric reading.
- Contact with Cortosis will short out the blade.
- Not Water Resistant. Submersion of the emitter matrix into water, even just 1 inch, will render the lightsaber inoperable until it can be repaired.
- Basic Lightsaber. Cannot be used to deflect slugthrower rounds or deflect paddle beam-based weapondry. Does not cut through amphistaff. Has no dual phase capability. This is as basic as a lightsaber gets.
- Pressure Grip. This lightsaber cannot be wielded telekinetically or through other remote manipulation.
Edited by Boo Heavenshield, 03 January 2018 - 10:40 PM.