OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: To create a universally used fighter for the Metal Lords of the Void.
- Image Source: (x) (Based on the X series flight games)
- Canon Link: N/A
- Restricted Missions: N/A
- Primary Source: N/A
- Manufacturer: Metal Lords of the Void (x)
- Model: N/A
- Affiliation: Closed-Market
- Production: Mass Produced
Quadanium (Main Armor Hull) (x)
Transparisteel (Viewports) (x)
- Classification: Starfighter
- Length: 10.5 Meters
- Width: 3.4 Meters
- Height: 9 Meters
- Armament: Average
L-s9.3 Laser Cannons (4) (x)
Concussion Missile Launcher (Holds 6 missiles)
- Defenses: Average
- Ejection Seat (x)
- Squadron Count: 12 (Average)
- Maneuverability Rating: Average (Very Low when SLAM is in use)
- Speed Rating: Very High (Extreme when SLAM is in use)
- Hyperdrive Class: N/A
SubLight Acceleration Motor: To keep up with other fighters or to quickly enter other combat areas near the carrier of its desination, a SubLight Acceleration Motor was installed to keep up with the battle wherever it goes. (x)
Echo-Rectifier: Due to the ships SLAM being very loud inside the cockpit, this was installed to keep the audio clear. (x)
- Easy to Produce: The fighter design is generally consistent of parts readily available, the engines being one of the most common in production for the Metal Lords of the Void, allowing it to be produced on short notice.
- Fast Fighter: For its size, it is surprinsly agile and gives it an edge when combating others or in going into engagements.
- SLAM: The Sublight Acceleration Motor gives it some extra speed, sometimes doubling it to close the gaps in the battle, effectively having it ready on call for any form of battle in their vicinity.
- Engine Failure on one side, other must fail: If the bottom or top engine fails on one side, it will turn off the other in unison, making the Genesis Starfighter reduce the speed by half.
- Engine Overheat: Overuse of the craft in a prolonged state full speed in of ten minutes or one full minute in SLAM mode will result in an engine overheat and will cut engine power in half for two minutes for by that time, engine will cool off.
- Any engine fails, SLAM Disabled: Due to the volatile nature of the Sublight Acceleration Motor, if any engine is disabled or destroyed, the SLAM will also be disabled.
- Carrier Fighter: Due to not having a hyperdrive installed, the Genesis Starfighter is forced to be with its carrier at all times for transportation.
- Fuel Hog: Due to the Sublight Acceleration Motor installed, if in use it can consume an entire starfighters fuel supply in less than four minutes if used in prolong use. This requires the pilot to be aware of the amount of fuel in the vessel at all times.
With the aging concepts of the Metal Lord of the Voids current starfighters, it was quickly brought to attention to produce their own variant of starfighter. Several ship designers were called into a board room meetings as they spent the next two days designing a rather unique starfighter for their carrier ships. What was created was the Genesis Starfighter which was based on older designs from the past but with more updated feel and consistent engine design.
During production, one of the groups working on it actually got a bit drunk and made a bet with the other to see if a SLAM would work inside the Genesis right before being test flown for the first time. Working all night, they made the modification and drunk the rest of the night away. When they awoke from being hammered, they had realized the pilot had already been out piloting and been reporting fuel problems. However it had broken nearly every previous speed record on that planet save for the prolonged tests. The group also installed an Echo-Rectifier so they can clearly hear the pilot so his screams and hollaring were rather loud. The shock that it was done by merely drinking to much was also another shocker and due to the success and the embarrassment later, the group was suspended to go work on another project, hoping to perhaps make the same miracle happen a second time.
A month later, the Genesis Starfighter was rolled out onto the factories, being produced for the carriers under close supervision and with rumors that the drinking trio may soon return to create another ridiculous concept...that could work.
Edited by Haon Hafey, 10 January 2018 - 08:22 PM.