S U P E R
D E F O L I A T O R
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: A "nuclear option" for the Confederacy
- Image Source: Tianjin Explosion
- Canon Link: Defoliator
- Restricted Mission: N/A
- Primary Source: N/A
- Manufacturers: The Confederacy & House Verd, Inc.
- Model: HV-8645 Super Defoliator
- Affiliation: The Confederacy
- Modularity: None
- Production: Semi-Unique
- Materials: Durasteel, Glistaweb
- Classification: Ordnance/Bomb
- Size: Very Large
- Weight: Very Heavy
- Ammunition Type: N/A
- Ammunition Capacity: N/A
- Reload Speed: N/A
- Range: Long Range (Varies)
- Rate of Fire: N/A
- Stopping Power: Very High
- Recoil: N/A
- A scaled up Defoliator capable of eradicating organic material in a one kilometer radius.
- Defoliator: Much akin to its smaller predecessor, the Super Defoliator's fiery shockwave is capable of completely eradicating organic material.
- Tamper-Proof: The presence of Glistaweb as an internal mesh effectively renders the Super Defoliator dead to the Force.
- Shields: Deflector shields of any kind or size (from city-scale to personal) are completely immune to the Super Defoliator.
- Deploy: The Super Defoliator can only be deployed via traditional dropping. Release from orbit will cause the weapon to explode within the atmosphere. An ideal drop is just above the target - which is well within anti-air range.
The HV-8645 Super Defoliator is a highly covert project undertaken by the Confederacy.
As champions of freedom within the Southern Systems, the creation of such a vicious armament is one that would not go over well in the public eye. However, in light of the imperial adversary within arm's reach of their borders, the Vicelord personally commissioned the creation of a mighty deterrent. The Super Defoliator is, quite simply, a means of completely devastating a densely populated area. It was not designed with tactical value in mind, but rather for the claiming of as many lives as possible.
Upon being dropped above a target, a fiery shockwave rapidly erupts over the course of a one kilometer radius. This devastation has the unique trait of affecting organic material exclusively, meaning that the Confederacy's droid-based forces can proceed uninhibited. However, due to the method of delivery, the weapon does have the potential of being shot out of the sky before it reaches the ground. Successful detonation would wreak absolute havoc upon an urban environment's population whilst leaving its infrastructure and resources completely intact. As such, the Super Defoliator is ideal for the amassment of resources.
Or, more importantly, breaking the enemy's will to fight.
Edited by Darth Metus, 17 January 2018 - 11:21 PM.