OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: To update the Avalon to the 5.0 standards and upgrade it once again.
- Image Source: "20121203" by, Zhangx
- Canon Link: None
- Restricted Missions: None
- Primary Source:
- Manufacturer: Corellian Engineering Co.; Galen Arterius; Modified by The Wretched Hive
- Model: XR-95 Vector Custom
- Affiliation: Unique- Galen Arterius
- Production: Unique
- Premium Bantha Leather
- Classification: Heavy Freighter
- Length: 57 Meters
- Width: 25 Meters
- Height: 8 Meters
- Armament: Low
- Laser Cannons (2)
- Flex Tube Warhead Launcher
- Quad Laser Turrets (2)
- Defenses: Average
- Deflector Shields
- Dampener Chaff
- Anti-Ordinance Chaff
- Hangar: Very Low: 0 Squadrons (Single Small Fighter or speeder)
- Maneuverability Rating: Moderate
- Speed Rating: High - Very Fast
- Hyperdrive Class: Very Fast: 0.357
- Reserve Power Cells
- Small Common Space/Kitchen
- Cargo Hold
- Furnished Living Quarters for 3
- Refresher (x2)
- Inertial Dampners
- Cap Drain
- AE-PU1 Rotational Engines
- AE-CM1 Dampener Chaff
- The .357 Calrissian Hyperdrive
Kol Mark IV Navicomputer
- False Transponder "The Aluminum Falcon"
- False Transponder "The Great Bantha"
- False Transponder "The Blood Wing"
- Heavily Modified Sublight Engines
- Encryption Suite
- General Sensor Jammer
- Astromech Socket (X2)
- Fast and Agile: Equipped with a modified sublight engine, advanced rotational engines and a SLAM, the Avalon is definitely a smuggler's ship.
- After Market Hyperdrive: The Avalon sports two hyperdrives. While this isn't unusual for most ships of its size, it is utilizing a Calrissian Hyperdrive, much faster than the 500 series hyperdrive Galen had been using before. Its backup drive is a clas 8.
- Smuggler's Hold: While the Avalon's extra systems have limited the actual cargo space of the ship, several small cubbies and other holes throughout the ship allow for the transport of illicit items.
- Compact Snubfighter or Speeder Bike Storage: At the cost of all of the ship's cargo space it can hold one small fighter or two speeder bikes
- Whiplash: Without active inertial compensators anyone inside faces serious harm if the ship is used to its full potential. Damaging these systems means the captain has to either risk serious harm or slow the feth down.
- Jump Range: The Calrissian Hyperdrive has a max range of 15,000 Lightyears before being forced to refuel.
- Overheat: Activating the SLAM for too long can blow the power supply of the ship, leaving it dead in the water.
- Ion and EMP: While the ship itself is relatively resistant to Ion weaponry, EMPs can still leave the Avalon dead in the water. Direct ion attacks on his astromechs also leave his turrets inactive as they control them and reduces the Avalon's ability to fight back.
A true labor of love, the Avalon has been Galen's trusted ship for decades serving him through his time working for the Hutts, the Black Suns, and his clan's small crime ring on Tattooine. Gifted to him originally by his father after a particularly lucrative spice run, Galen has found himself working smuggling jobs around the Galaxy and living out of the heavy freighter. The XR-95 itself was probably produced at some point around 750 ABY, but the ship still runs as smooth as its first day off the assembly line. Galen has kept the ship and upgraded it over the years of his ownership, making it one of the best ships in the galaxy in his mind.
Advanced engine design and a SLAM feature have been integrated, allowing for insane speeds in vacuum. The function has saved him out of several jams with the various Sith Empires that have popped up throughout his years as a smuggler. A new addition though, are the Dampner Chaffs and Calrissian Hyperdrive. For as long as he could remember the Avalon had been using a 500 series hyperdrive. After running into some trouble on Thyferra and becoming inoperable, a Calrissian was installed, making its jumps much faster at the cost of more frequent stops.
Edited by Galen Arterius, 13 January 2018 - 11:56 PM.