• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Lanter Kells

Lanter Kells

You'll Never Walk Alone

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 13,648 posts

Our past Codex contests (I, IIIII, IV, V) have been, if I do say so myself, a lot of fun. With that in mind, we want to introduce...

Codex Location Contest VI

Their Finest Hour: Cities in Wartime

68wyesV.png

ELIGIBILITY

• This contest is open to anyone. Any Codex Judges, Staff members, or community members who want to help judge should let me know ASAP, and won't be able to enter the contest themselves.
  • Each writer can submit a maximum of three entries.
  • The contest opens immediately and will run until January 19th. Winners will be announced on January 21st.

CRITERIA

• Entries must be new, approvable location submissions with 'Location Contest’ in the title.
  • These locations should be population centers (large town, metropolis, space station, small moon, neighborhood, etc.) that have been affected by war, directly or indirectly.
  • These locations should be linked in some way to any completed Invasion, Rebellion, or war-themed Dominion.
  • Once approved, entries will be judged on quality, effort, and how well they tie into the uniqueness of the Invasion, Rebellion, or Dominion.

PRIZES

Grand Prize

• Without completing the Force Nexus objective, add a major Force Nexus to a new location or planet, or any previously approved location or planet submitted by you, OR
  • Receive a pre-made elite fortress on a planet of your choice, OR
  • You may submit a balanced species whose members are all Force-sensitive or completely Force-dead.

Runner-Up Prize (x3-4, depending on final scores)

• Without completing the Force Nexus objective, add a minor Force Nexus to a new location, or any previously approved location submitted by you, OR
  • Receive a pre-made secret hideout on a planet of your choice.

Note that all prizes must be claimed within six months of receipt.

Edited by Lanter Kells, 08 January 2018 - 11:03 AM.

Gilamar Skirata

Gilamar Skirata

Approximate Knowledge of Many Things

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 2,216 posts

*ears perk up*

Sanya Val Swift

Sanya Val Swift

Neutral, Queen of Her people, Neko

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 3,069 posts

o.o hellooooooooo

Fiolette Yvarro

Fiolette Yvarro

Bigger, Pointer Hat

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 442 posts

:D Hi. 

PVMfXsQ.gif

| Voice | CSM-10 Pistol | 

Darth Abyss

Darth Abyss

Eldritch

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 2,617 posts
Lanter Kells this says invasion, rebellion or dominion, but what about faction threads etc. that involved war?

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Signature Made by Tirdarius

Lanter Kells

Lanter Kells

You'll Never Walk Alone

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 13,648 posts
Darth Abyss

We won't be doing that, because then we have to figure out how and where to draw the line between 'a community was involved in this thread' and 'this was me and my two buds bombarding a planet in a private thread.' Invasions, Rebellions, and (to an extent) Dominions are guaranteed to have a good few people involved in something big enough to change the map.

Sargon Vynea

Sargon Vynea

Spencer's guard unicorn

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 1,261 posts

Skirmish qualify, or is that more faction threads? Lanter Kells

DH60NMn.png

Lanter Kells

Lanter Kells

You'll Never Walk Alone

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 13,648 posts
Sargon Vynea

Sorry but no - same reasoning as above.

Jorus Merrill

Jorus Merrill

Filthy Casual

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 5,262 posts

Assuming this ship gets approved, I'm giving it to whichever submission I personally like the most. Just my little sideline prize, since I won't be judging the main contest.

The Wretched Hive [FTL and FTL Accessories] - Ship | Services | Overview | Bounty Sponsorships

tumblr_ojcl37Ofsn1sff6zzo1_500.gif

OrcTag.gif

Lanter Kells

Lanter Kells

You'll Never Walk Alone

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 13,648 posts
Darth Saarai and Irajah Ven brought up some good points in private, so I'm clarifying the rules a little.

Submissions should be approved by the 19th, when the contest closes. However, if judging takes a bit longer and approval hasn't been finalized by the 19th, those subs will still be put on the final list of contestants at no disadvantage, in almost all circumstances. When in doubt, I prefer to send as many submissions as possible to our panel of judges.

Edited by Lanter Kells, 15 January 2018 - 10:02 AM.

Lanter Kells

Lanter Kells

You'll Never Walk Alone

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 13,648 posts
For clarification's sake: yes, I've stepped down from Staff. Yes, this contest will still go ahead. All that's needed is for me to message the final contestant list and the judging rubric to each of the volunteer judges, and I'll do that on the dates noted above. Then I'll just total up the scores and pass them to @Mahet. Nice and easy.