OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: A hangout for Fabula and maybe Vorhi Alestrani on Redshift Station
- Image Credit: Google image search, led me back to Hiveminer
- Canon: N/A
- Links: Untamed Legends from about post 16 on; Mal Tevrak
- Structure Name: The Deychin Krayt
- Classification: Private business
- Location: Redshift Station
- Affiliation: Mal Tevrak
- Accessibility: Public
- Security: One angry Shistavanen with a scattergun. However, it's frequented by Force-users, so that tends to provide its own form of security.
- Description: Shoved into a space station corridor, the Deychin Krayt tea shop is open-fronted, protected only by a simple freighter door when closed, and walk-in when open. Inside is a counter with a number of stools, a couple of small tables, and all of the various things needed to create over a hundred different flavors of gourmet tea. The whole thing looks pretty crappy, actually.
POINTS OF INTEREST
- The Shop: The Deychin Krayt used to be a mess hall, probably. Now, it's just a mess. The walls are trash, covered in advertisements and wanted posters, as well as blaster scoring and scattergun pockmarks. The floor is trash, covered in tea and tea-scented fluids. The counter is trash, a salvaged kitchenette from a bulk freighter covered in rings of tea pots and cups. As a result, the entire place smells amazing, as long as you're into the thick, herbal scent of dozens of kilograms of tea.
- The Street: The "street," or the corridors outside the Deychin Krayt, are wide enough to have street merchant stalls. Situated in a major activity hub on Redshift Station, the area is frequented by bounty hunters, smugglers, outlaws, and other fringe-y types. As a result it can get pretty violent. The Deychin Krayt is convenient to a local Marrow & Illskins, as well as one of the biggest and busiest bars on Redshift.
- The Courtyard: The rear door of the Deychin Krayt opens up into a large, spacious housing area. Formerly the crew quarters of the same ship the tea shop came from, it consists of an open "courtyard" area attached to about a dozen crew cabins currently being used as coffin apartments by some of the locals. It's a pretty good place for space kung fu duels.
The Deychin Krayt serves the best tea on Redshift Station. That isn't opinion, that is objective fact.
After his previous career as a prospector on the Rim dried up, Mal Tevrak found himself wasting away on a very young Redshift Station. He'd been involved in its construction, but the station was still quite bare and a bit empty. With no money to his name and nowhere to go, Mal used what he had left to claim an old mess hall near one of the first businesses to open up on the station: a bar. Since he couldn't very well serve alcohol so close to a bigger and much richer establishment, he focused on a much more niche market.
Tea is rare on the Outer Rim, and as Redshift quickly became a hub of scattered Force-users, demand for it became greater and greater. Mal's business became healthy enough that he expanded it to include not just simple, easy to find teas, but much rarer blends. Now, his Deychin Krayt is a veritable institution on this surprisingly populous hunk of junk floating through the void of nowhere.
More contemplative types frequent the Deychin Krayt, bringing the shop a bit of an air of wonderment for those without mystical powers. The fact that some of those Force-users choose to pay with trinkets rather than ORC-minted talons doesn't hurt the somewhat esoteric feel; Mal could possibly open up a decently profitable side-business in selling mogwais and charms to station tourists.
Edited by Fabula Caromed, 09 January 2018 - 08:04 AM.