Accuser-class Star Destroyer
View of Bridge - Top
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: To create a new style of Star Destroyer for use by the First Order that has a retracted bridge instead of the standard one that juts from the hull.
- Image Source: https://exoticctofu....royer-403769337
- Canon Link: N/A
- Restricted Missions: If Needed
- Primary Source: Pelleon Star-Destroyer
- Manufacturer: The First Order
- Model: Accuser-class
- Affiliation: First Order
- Production: Limited
- Quadanium Coating - 2 meters thick
- Durasteel Inner Layer - 1 meter thick
- Classification: Destroyer
- Length: 2200 meters
- Width: 975 meters
- Height: 268 meters
- Armament: Extreme
- Heavy Turbolaser Batteries - 6x
- Mega-class Turblaser Battery - 2x
- Ion Cannon Batteries - 8x
- Guided Missile System - 3x
- Proton Torpedo Launcher - 15x
- Interdiction Field - 1x
- Flak Cannon - 2x
- Wrath Class Artillery Battery - 2x - Bottom (Doesn't count against fighter craft & enemies coming from the bottom. Will elaborate if necessary)
- Defenses: Average
- Hangar: N/A, only ground-based vehicles, and transports
- Maneuverability Rating: Low
- Speed Rating: Low
- Hyperdrive Class: Average: 2
- Deflector Shield
- Armor Plating
- Navi Computer
- Retracted Bridge - Unlike most Star Destroyers, the Accuser-class has a retracted bridge built into the hull on the ship. This bridge stands out far less than most Star Destroyer bridges which makes it less of a prime target as it is quite easy to pass over without the use of a skilled eye. This also makes the bridge have more protection from nearby defensive emplacements
- Powerful Weaponry - The Accuser-class can pack a formidable and unrelenting punch, one used to decimate other capital ships with ease. It can unleash a barrage of both missile and laser fire to shred am enemies shields into oblivion.
- No Escape, No Retreat - The Interdiction field generator prevents escape from hyperspace, effectively cutting off any type of retreat until the generator is turned off or destroyed. This helps to pin down enemy vessels and to stop enemy reinforcements while allowing in reinforcements of the First Order's own without the threat of enemy retreat or reinforcements.
- Atmospheric - The Accuser is outfitted with a strong heat-shield like the Venator Star-destroyers of old, allowing the large vessel to be able to go into the atmosphere of a planet to help offer supporting fire. Some models of the Accuser also are outfitted with large landing gear which allows them to land on a planet's surface, like Kashyyyk for example.
- Slow - The Accuser is slow. All of its heavy armor and weaponry weigh the ship down to a crawl, often giving enemy forces time to prepare for its arrival if it doesn't just hyperspace in through their defenses. The Accuser also is slow to move in combat which leaves it vulnerable to fire from enemy capital ships and orbital weaponry.
- No Fighter & Bomber Support - The space for fighter-craft and bomber-craft was taken up by the need for an interdiction field, making the Star-Destroyer have no fighter and bomber support. This makes the destroyer a prime target for fighter and bomber craft if caught alone and undefended, though there is point-defense on the destroyer. But the point defense won't help much against an onslaught of fighters and bombers.
- Enemies from Below & Behind - The Accuser-class has little to no defensive emplacements on it's rear or below it, leaving it vulnerable in these sections to bombing runs and turbolaser fire from enemy capital ships.
- Interdiction Field Generator - The generator for the interdiction field is quite vulnerable to damage. What would've made up space for fighter and bomber craft was replaced by the field generator. The top of the generator can be seen peaking out of the armor from the top and the same goes for the bottom of it. Though, the generator is heavily armored in preparation for these type of incidents.
Description: The First Order needed a powerful, state-of-the-art SD that could make enough of a punch to handle other capital ships or small vessels with ease without the need for any type of backup or reinforcements. In short, the Accuser was meant to be a SD that could do everything and one that could destroy everything. Though designs fell through and experimental versions were either sabotaged or just didn't work leading to the present result for the Accuser-class. The Accuser does, however, have a heavy armament of firepower to deal easily with enemy capital ships along with an included interdiction field generator as to prevent enemy retreat. Though, all of these things do come at a cost...monetary cost being the highest. Though as for military costs, there were still quite a few as well that limits the Accuser from being what it had been dreamt up to be. It lacks fighter or bomber support, a strange design choice and probably foolish one. Instead, the ship harbors land vehicles in what would've been fighter and bomber hangers with no open areas for fighters or bombers to enter. The ship also had a critical flaw where it has little to no weaponry on it's rear or on the bottom of the ship making it quite vulnerable to bomber assaults in these areas or ambush capital ship attacks from under it. The Accuser does have one special feature however, it's atmospheric. Like Star Destroyers of the old Galactic Empire, the ship can go into the atmosphere of planets and even land on them if given enough space to offer substantial fire support to help change the tide of battles that would otherwise be complete and utter military disasters.
Edited by FN-2826, 14 January 2018 - 11:16 AM.