OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: An Focus point for Arcane Force Powers to be build into a ship
- Image Source:
The Obeslik by jjcanvas
H. P. Lovecraft's the old one by theflork
- Canon Link: N/A
- Restricted Missions: N/A
- Primary Source: The Eldritch - Spells
- Manufacturer: Darth Abyss
- Model: N/A
- Affiliation: Darth Abyss
- Modularity: No
- Production: Unique
- Material: Stone, Blood, Red Lightsaber Crystals
- Spell Focus: The Monolith servers as a focus point for the Arcane, and allows a collection of spells to be used through the use of rituals. This is archived by an intricate mix of carefully applied sith rune clusters, and a Crystal Network embedded into the stone. These rituals require 15 users of the dark side to be performed, 14 who constantly repeat the chants and spells in perfect unity, and one who leads and controls the spell. The runes limit the amount of spells useable. Those that can be performed are:
Words of Protection:
Spell: "Tnamli ra ir Svistuis ra" ("Unbend and Unbroken")
Effect: A ship sized version of a Protection bubble, with little effect against energy weapons, but that offers protection against smaller physical weapons. Takes 2 minutes to be cast, fades after a minute.
Spell: "Dukra iv Vieta, Udai nuyak Xuontai" ("Daughters of Space, Obey my command.")
Effect: A dual rune cluster that combines two effects, can only be used in space: The first one creates a collection of artificial force auras to draw out up to 8 Starweird, the second one creating an illusion to direct them at a target. The caster is never in full control of the Starweird, and should focus on the spell be broken they will turn on the caster as well. To keep the spell alive the incantation has to be constantly repeated.
The Dark Calling:
Spell: "Nuyak Valia buti naile, mazo naile valia buti visa j'us ziur" ("My Will is fear, so fear will be all you see.")
Effect: A large scale fear illusion in form of a monster. After four minutes of casting the spell comes into effect, creating a both mental and optical illusion in space which is shrouded in a field of fear, as well as simply looking terrifying.
Voice of the Prophet:
Spell: "Girdeti tave redis ir ziur anas j'us buti niekas" ("Hear the words and see that you are nothing.")
Effect: Elevates the casters voice on a mental level, allowing to talk directly to the crew of a ship through the force, as well as create a slight aura of uneasiness. Takes one minute to be cast.
Eye of the Prophet:
Spell: "Jena'tes vesti nuyak qo oer tave qorit" ("Darkness guides my path until the end.")
Effect: The most powerful spell that can be performed. A mix of darksight and instinctive astrogation that allows to roughly predict the position of enemy ships even in another star system. Takes 12 minutes to be cast. A high amount of force users in the target ships can makes the spell inaccurate, as does distance and cloaking. Trying to find a distant, cloaked ship with a crew of force users would result in more or less randomly guessing a direction.
- Arcane Might: The Monolith serves one purpose, and that purpose alone: The focus of the force into Magic. While the stone itself had no Magic properties, it is created to channel that of those who use it, giving form and purpose to the energy send into it. Those who use it need to know not only the words of the spell, but its meaning in detail, as otherwise the spells will either fail or in extrem cases severly backfire.
- Strenght in Numbers: The Monolith can not be used by a singel person. 15 individuals with intimiate knowledge of the arcane arts are requiered to use it, no more and no less. Even the lack of one is enough to render the Monolith's spells inactive.
- A Master is Requiered: Even if ther are 15, one of them has to be a Master of both magic and the Dark Side to lead the spells. If another attampts to fill that void, the spells are prone to backfire on those that cast them.
- Haywire: Under certain cirumstances the spells will backfire, either draining their casters of energy which can result in death, or by directing their effects at them.
- Dark Presence: The presence of the Monolith can't be obscured, and its darkness shrouds it strong enough to be sensed even on another ship.
- Force Light: A singel touch of force light is enough to shatter the Monolith into pieces.
- Weird Dreams: Being to close to the Monolith for a prolonged time leads to violent, deranged Nightmares.
No one really knows where the Last Monolith comes from. It was found on Far Harbor, a world famed for its ancient, eldritch Monoliths pierced into the surface, by Darth Abyss long after its initial creation. At first the Sith Lord intended to use the powers of the Monument, but once it was lifted from its original home it became apparent that most of its true power was linked to the world it stood on.
That left the Prophet of Katarr with a massive stone obelisk capable of nothing more then to poison the minds of those around it with terrible dreams of death, violence and decay. Yet at least its inherently magical nature remained untouched by this, making it easily susceptible to changes through alchemy.
The research that went into the reshaping of the pillar reached across several different orders. From the arts of the sith runes, engraved and then baptized with the blood of those that died in fear and despair, were taken to give the Monolith a way to shape the force send through it. From the Je'daii and their process of creating force imbued blades the art of marrying crystal with another material on a molecular level, granting the Monolith the ability to channel and balance the force through it without leaving damages on it.
The spells themselves were another different story. Each of them was the product of a long series of experimentation, some taken from other projects of the Prophet, others created for the sole purpose of becoming part of the Monolith. Each of them lived through a series of changes, ranging from the change of single words to entire runes. Only after months had passed everything reached a level of security and near perfection that could satify the desires of Darth Abyss.
Edited by Darth Abyss, 15 January 2018 - 06:02 PM.