• Name: Armino
• Designation: Sentient
• Homeworld: Spread throughout the galaxy, original homeworld in the Deep Core and presumed lost
• Language: Basic
• Average Lifespan: 40 to 60 years
• Estimated Population: Common
• Description: Armino fur is brown on everywhere except their chest and stomach which is instead covered in white fur. The tail has a black tip. Rather short as well they typically wear more cloth and their traditional swords. In colder climates their fur will get thicker and turn completely white except for the tip of the tail which stays black. Changing to a winter coat usually takes a month or two to fully adapt.
• Breathes: Type 1
• Average height of adults: 0.97 meters
• Skin color: White
• Hair color: Brown and white fur with a black tipped tail
• Distinctions: With long, flexible, fur covered bodies Armino are quite fast and can be hard to keep track of when they really get moving. They are quite adept at weaseling their way out of tight spots, quite literally. Males tend to be bigger than the females by about 15 to 25% and the tail tends to take up a third of the body length if not longer. Fur covered bodies allows them to deal with cold a lot better than most humans. Hearing and reaction times tend to be higher as well. They have scent glands in their rear that excrete a very strong musky scent when attacked or are being aggressive. Scent glands in their cheeks, belly, and flanks that excrete a musky odor.
• Races: N/A
Fur that provides natural camouflage
Fast and have quick reaction times
Sharp teeth and claws
Fur that provides natural protection against the elements
Much better than average sense of smell
Scent glands that excrete a strong musky scent when being aggressive
Typically are not nearly as strong as most humans
Tails can be stepped on
An Armino in winter coat going from a cold planet to a hot one can overheat quite easily
Tend not to wear more layered or defensive clothing and prefer softer fabrics
Require a lot of protein and can starve if forced to rely on food low in it
Thank's to differences in hand shape from much of galactic society they have trouble using a lot of tech in a quick manner
Thanks to their scent glands they are not exactly the most pleasant smelling to most sentients
• Diet: Carnivorous, supplement diet with vitamins from berries or other sources on occasion
• Communication: Speaking, rude hand gestures
• Technology level: Galactic average
• Religion/Beliefs: No major belief or religion system however most tend to adopt the “What is yours is mine unless you can stop me.” They also hold onto oral histories and traditions.
• General behavior: The Armino are generally aggressive creatures, territorial they usually do not stay in large groups and tend to only gather when several of them are facing the same threat. While mates do tend to stay together communities are usually rarely more than the two of them and their newest offspring. Because of this they tend to wander and often travel quite a bit. They are considered to be mature at 8 to 10.
With their tendency to move about a lot and their natural aggressive nature younger ones often take to more active professions. Smuggling, bounty hunting, podracing, mercenary work, pirating, etc. Despite this they also tend to wear more traditional fabrics. With their fur they usually don’t have to worry to much about environmental conditions except at the most extremes.
They tend to wear softer fabrics which feel better on their fur and often skip on body armor and protective clothing. This is also in favor of allowing them to have a high degree of mobility and flexibility. Similarly they tend to prefer a sword as a sidearm though most complement this with a blaster. They have somewhat of a tradition of practically dancing in combat
IC History: With the homeworld of the Armino lost to time and their oral histories not stretching back far enough back much of their early history is up to speculation. Discovered by an early space faring race they likely at tribal stages and after their adoption into the wider galaxy they rapidly spread out taking on the tech. It’s also possible that Je’daii or followers of Ashla or Bogan found them. They adopted the swords in use by them and while most could not force imbue them themselves they still use them to this day.
OOC History: Discovered by group of the followers of Bogan who fled after the end of the Force Wars they quickly set about trying to set up defenses on the planet to hold off the jedi who were following close behind. The Armino who lived there did not take kindly to the invaders who were trying to take over their territory. Staging a series of attacks they looted force-imbued blades from dead enemies since the were considerably better than the basic bows and the tooth and claw that were their common weapons. When the Jedi arrived they quickly defeated the small force and scattered the survivors. With contact established to some extent with the jedi they began branching out beyond their world and picking up technology.
This wasn’t to last however. Thanks to the outside contact and lack of modern medicine disease broke out which ravaged the population. Sending a plea to the jedi on the next ship that arrived at the planet the decision was made by the jedi to evacuate the planet and try to contain them until the disease could die out. While this occurred the planet was restricted for access and before long it was lost in the Deep Core. Meanwhile what Armino remained began spreading out throughout the galaxy.
Edited by Sko'saht, 13 January 2018 - 02:01 PM.